PDA

View Full Version : Draft a receiver and go after randall cobb.

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2015, 02:24 PM
What do you all think of randall cobb? Do you think he would fit in coach's reid's offense? I have always been a fan of bowe but think he either needs to restructure his current contract or needs to be cut. We need a legit #1 receive and i believe cobb or a first round pick would suit that need very quickly. Or maybe not cobb but jeremy maclin.

Chiefs4life24
02-15-2015, 03:07 PM
I would be shocked if they got Cobb or Maclin no way in hell green bay let's Cobb leave I doubt we could pay either one what they want anyway

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2015, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if the chiefs get either one. Umm apparently you haven't been keeping up that green bay won't be able to afford cobb and jordy nelson. And why wouldn't kc be able to land one of them? They cut bowe and restructure hali's contract i bet they could land one of them in.

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2015, 03:22 PM
www.chatsports.com/green-bay-packers/a/Green-Bay-Packers-Can-they-afford-both-Jordy-Nelson-and-Randall-Cobb-2-9875030

A link supporting what i said above.

matthewschiefs
02-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Bowe reworking his deal and getting Cobb would be the best case for the Chiefs. But I just don't see that happening. If they were to bring Cobb in I think Bowe would be gone. Just what I think

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
I'd like to keep bowe but i wouldn't be shocked if they tried maclin or cobb.

Chiefs4life24
02-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think bowe would stay either.

Chiefs4life24
02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Maclin has said he is looking for a contract in the 10 million a year range

Coach
02-15-2015, 07:55 PM
I would not be a fan of paying any receiver $10mm per year. Draft WR in the 1st rd.

Chiefs4life24
02-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Maclin has thrived under Kelly way more than he ever did with Reid so....

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Maclin has said he is looking for a contract in the 10 million a year range

What do you think they are paying bowe now? I'll bet if one of these two options get out of the tag or a long term contract kc will be going after them. You can bank on that.

N TX Dave
02-16-2015, 12:36 AM
They have to get the money somewhere to pay Houston $11 million cost, so it is not as simple as cutting Bowe and taking he money and giving to another receiver. They have to save Bowe's money just to pay Houston before looking at a free agent.

jason1981
02-16-2015, 12:45 AM
I don5 think cobb is a true #1 wr. I think he benefits from the system and qb. He would be agood #2 but not for the price hes wanting.

Chiefs4life24
02-16-2015, 12:50 AM
Agreed
I don5 think cobb is a true #1 wr. I think he benefits from the system and qb. He would be agood #2 but not for the price hes wanting.

matthewschiefs
02-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Here's a question if we were to sign Cobb and somehow keep Bowe (I doubt it will happen) would we need to draft a WR? We have DAT and Wilson who were showing signs of coming along to be solid WRs should we let them have a chance to keep growing or would you still draft a WR?

Eydugstr
02-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Here's a question if we were to sign Cobb and somehow keep Bowe (I doubt it will happen) would we need to draft a WR? We have DAT and Wilson who were showing signs of coming along to be solid WRs should we let them have a chance to keep growing or would you still draft a WR?

Well there's a couple big "IF"'s there...but can see Dorsey & Reid focusing on upgrading other parts of the team if that were to happen. The risk is if it didn't work out, you'd be kicking the problem down the road to a draft where the team might not have as many draft picks.

jason1981
02-17-2015, 11:45 AM

No need to even ask that. Bowe should be gone. If by a chance we get cobb we still need to draft a #1 wr. Bowe is on the downside of his career and ot will be cheaper to draft a wr amd use the money we save to sign the players we do need to keep.