PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Thompson

CabbageHATCHkid
02-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Saw a mock with us taking him. At first was upset but I guess he can play at all linebacker spots. Would you guys be upset with this pick. If we address WR and OLine thoroughly in the rest of the draft and free agency? Supposed to be an athletic freak. Fast and good in space.

N TX Dave
02-18-2015, 06:35 PM
If he ended up being a good LB I would not be against it, you always need good LBers and we don't know for sure if DJ will be back at 100% or 60%. Even if DJ comes back 100% we need two ILB on the field.

Stevie Ray
02-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Saw a mock with us taking him. At first was upset but I guess he can play at all linebacker spots. Would you guys be upset with this pick. If we address WR and OLine thoroughly in the rest of the draft and free agency? Supposed to be an athletic freak. Fast and good in space.

It depends.

Did the mock have us taking him as a LB or as a Safety?

I could see the Chiefs drafting him in the 1st and perhaps slotting him into Berry's role, but I doubt that we would draft him in the 1st round as a LB.

Personally, I don't think he's big enough to be an NFL LB. I think he's been listed at around 230 lbs, but in watching him on the field, he looks closer to 215 lbs.

If the Chiefs are looking for an Mike linebacker to pair inside with DJ, Denzel Perryman (Miami U) is my top prospect for that spot.

Chiefs4life24
02-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Perryman or that Dawson kid from TCU