PDA

View Full Version : OK I'm curious

Chiefs4life24
02-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Let's play a little game let's just say for a minute Devante Parker, Jaelen Strong and Dorial Beckham are still their at 18 who do you draft and why. How do they go about choosing I wonder??? Cause I have a feeling that would be hard for me

Stevie Ray
02-20-2015, 04:41 AM
Let's play a little game let's just say for a minute Devante Parker, Jaelen Strong and Dorial Beckham are still their at 18 who do you draft and why. How do they go about choosing I wonder??? Cause I have a feeling that would be hard for me

Neither. I don't think either of them are worth the #18 pick.

As is the case in most drafts, there is plenty of depth at WR. After Cooper, there is not a lot that separates say .... the #2 rated WR from the #7 rated guy. I don't think the Chiefs have to jump on a WR with their 1st pick.

But of those you listed, I like Strong's game the best. I like his quickness in and out of routes and his RAC ability over Parker. DGB isn't even in the conversation at pick #18 as far as I'm concerned.

I think there's a chance that Cooper will be the only WR chosen before the Chiefs pick at #18 (maybe even a slim chance that no WR has been picked). If that happens, Kevin White may be too good for the Chiefs to pass up. Cooper is the better player/prospect, but Kevin White is more explosive, IMO.

CabbageHATCHkid
02-20-2015, 09:40 AM
I don't think there is any chance Cooper is the only receiver off the board at 18. Browns are taking a WR unless they move up in that crazy package to get Mariota. And I bet the Vikings take Parker. Match him back up with Teddy. I'd say Cooper to Oakland or NY Jets, White to Cleveland, and Parker to Minnesota. If DGB has a combine like he could with his freakish ability I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone before 18 as well. I hope not because I want DGB bad.

Chiefs4life24
02-20-2015, 10:35 AM
That would suck to have cooper go to Oakland I would preffer him go to someone else. Kevin White would be awesome and so would Strong how big is Jaelen would his size fit in this system

Stevie Ray
02-20-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't think there is any chance Cooper is the only receiver off the board at 18. Browns are taking a WR unless they move up in that crazy package to get Mariota. And I bet the Vikings take Parker. Match him back up with Teddy. I'd say Cooper to Oakland or NY Jets, White to Cleveland, and Parker to Minnesota. If DGB has a combine like he could with his freakish ability I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone before 18 as well. I hope not because I want DGB bad.

If the Browns want Mariota, I doubt that they'll have to move up to get him. I predicted long ago that his stock would fall by the time the draft came around.

And I'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that only Cooper and White will be off the board by #18. Cooper is a near guarantee to be gone, and probably a 50/50 chance on White. Someone may move up in front of the Chiefs if they want White bad enough, but I think he'll still be available around pick #18.

With the depth and abundant supply of WRs throughout any draft, it just isn't a premium position (much like RB). Unless you are a Megatron or Dez Bryant type of "special talent", there's no need for teams to prioritize WR over some of the other positions. Cooper is the only one in this class that I feel even resembles that type of prospect, and even he isn't up there with the guys that I mentioned when they were coming out.

The others in this class are very good prospects, but I'm so sure that they'll be the best players on most teams board when their respective top 20 pick (ballpark figure) comes around.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see. Just don't put all your chips in the basket of these early mocks and rankings.

Stevie Ray
02-20-2015, 05:19 PM
I hope not because I want DGB bad.

Ewww ...... why? :lol:

Chiefs4life24
02-20-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't think their is anything wrong with Beckham, also I think Winston and Mariota will both go in the top 10

Stevie Ray
02-21-2015, 04:16 AM
I don't think their is anything wrong with Beckham, also I think Winston and Mariota will both go in the top 10

I'll take both of those bets.

Frankenchief
02-22-2015, 12:14 AM
I would trade down a few spots for more draft picks. If 3 are there at 18, at least one should be there at, say, 22.

jason1981
02-22-2015, 01:47 AM
I would trade down a few spots for more draft picks. If 3 are there at 18, at least one should be there at, say, 22.

Trade down for more picks? Were already goi g to be loaded with picks. Only so many rookies are going to make the team. We need to stay put and draft the best player available thats the surest thing. With the amout of draft picks we need to trade up in any round and get players that have he most potential to have an impact. I k ow we cant trade the comp picks but we can trade the lower rounds. I say 3-5 round is where we move around.

Chiefs4life24
02-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Not a chance Dorsey loves 3rd through 5th. We will find starters all the way through the 5th round. So I won't be upset if they did what their supposed to do

jason1981
02-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Not a chance Dorsey loves 3rd through 5th. We will find starters all the way through the 5th round. So I won't be upset if they did what their supposed to do

I mean we should trade our 6th and 7th to move back in to rounds 4 and 5 if possible.

Frankenchief
02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Trade down for more picks? Were already goi g to be loaded with picks. Only so many rookies are going to make the team. ......

1- There's no such thing as too many draft choices. unless you think Dorsey is guaranteed to hit with every pick a larger pool of rookies will yield a better crop of ones that stick.

2- Extra choices for what I proposed could also be used as ammunition to move up and down the board in later rounds.

3- I didn't even say more picks this year. Nothing wrong with getting extra picks for next year as well. A good GM with a plan should always try to build up his future drafts at any reasonable opportunity. A pick this year loosely translates to a round higher in the next draft.

jason1981
02-22-2015, 07:41 PM
1- There's no such thing as too many draft choices. unless you think Dorsey is guaranteed to hit with every pick a larger pool of rookies will yield a better crop of ones that stick.

2- Extra choices for what I proposed could also be used as ammunition to move up and down the board in later rounds.

3- I didn't even say more picks this year. Nothing wrong with getting extra picks for next year as well. A good GM with a plan should always try to build up his future drafts at any reasonable opportunity. A pick this year loosely translates to a round higher in the next draft.

#3 sounds good. We can trade our reg 6th for a 5th next year and our regular 7th for a 6th next year.