PDA

View Full Version : Which position will upset you at 18?

CabbageHATCHkid
02-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Its well documented that our WR core didn't have a TD. So WR is the obvious need. However the oline needs help, our secondary could use a bolster, as well as a MLB. Also with the number of effective pass rushers in this draft you can never not consider an edge rusher.

WR
OG
OT
S
CB
ILB
Edge Rusher

Which ones are unacceptable in your opinion?

jason1981
02-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Its well documented that our WR core didn't have a TD. So WR is the obvious need. However the oline needs help, our secondary could use a bolster, as well as a MLB. Also with the number of effective pass rushers in this draft you can never not consider an edge rusher.

WR
OG
OT
S
CB
ILB
Edge Rusher

Which ones are unacceptable in your opinion?

Edge rusher only if you mean as a 3-4 end that can rush. Unless your not planning to keep houston. The only position i would be upset if a qb unless marriota guy falls then i might. But winston has to much off field issues. I dont think any other qb ks 1st round worthy and sounds like this year the qb class is weak. I think wr amd guard wre our two biggest holes. Then we need secondary help.

CabbageHATCHkid
02-23-2015, 11:37 AM
ya I wasn't considering QB an option. That's why I didn't include it. Edge rusher I was just referring to either position. You cant have enough of them. They have had talks with Bud Dupree who is an edge rusher excpected to be around at 18.

N TX Dave
02-23-2015, 12:08 PM
My name is stevie and anything but a QB to replace the bum Smith is a waste of effort.

jason1981
02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
My name is stevie and anything but a QB to replace the bum Smith is a waste of effort.

Quoted for truth right there.

Stevie Ray
02-23-2015, 01:03 PM

Please don't make me a topic of discussion. Flattery will get you nowhere. Keep it on the Chiefs. I'm undeserving.

Seek
02-23-2015, 01:17 PM
I would be upset if they took a kicker, punter, QB, OLB, TE, running back and Nose Tackle. Everything else can use an upgrade so we need to take the best player available at 18. I am not a fan at all of trading back to acquire more picks to pick a lesser valued player simply because we have a need at Wr.

CabbageHATCHkid
02-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Obviously some positions were out of the question for our pick at 18. That's why I proposed the 7 or so position I did. I didn't include kicker, punter, other positions for a reason.

doobs_05
02-23-2015, 02:17 PM

I'm N TX Dave and i hate opinions

N TX Dave
02-23-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm N TX Dave and i hate opinions

No I don't mind other opinions at all, but I don't like someone that is so dogged about something that no matter what the thread is about hijacks it and refuses to listen to anyone else about it, refuses to offer any solutions to the problem even when asked what should be done and treats everyone as a dunce.

Lewis_Chiefs
02-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Anything but wide receiver, I've made my opinions clear in past posts on how highly I rate Jaelen Strong and I would love him to be a chief and no I don't think 18th overall is a reach at all. We can't go through another season with a mis fit, low budget wide receiver corp.

Maybe I could see the merit in an offensive lineman but with the receivers on offer there are no excuses for not taking one early. I don't like Dorsey/Reid preaching about only taking the BPA, what if that is yet another pass rusher ? If you have him for example rated 3 spots higher than the receiver you really want surely then position need must come into play.

Eydugstr
02-24-2015, 09:45 AM
I'd definitely be questioning things if they took a kicker or punter. Can see them taking an RB or NT (depth/projects in the later rounds) if they're BPA at that time. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted another QB in the later rounds (again, BPA) because of Murray & Reid's statement that he'd draft one every year if he could. Right now I see our main needs as WR, OG/T/C, CB,S, ILB

doobs_05
02-24-2015, 10:59 AM
No I don't mind other opinions at all, but I don't like someone that is so dogged about something that no matter what the thread is about hijacks it and refuses to listen to anyone else about it, refuses to offer any solutions to the problem even when asked what should be done and treats everyone as a dunce.

From what i see, he only hijacks the thread when you guys bring it up. If you let him say his thing and then ignore his comment and not quote reply it and not even bug with (if he even does it) his reply to your lone comments. Give it a shot, i'm sure it'll be better.

Pro_Angler
02-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Problem is if we dont trade up for a wr then we will be reaching for one at 18. I think we draft safety at 18

Chiefs4life24
02-24-2015, 12:37 PM
I was amazed how fluid Trae Wayne's, Landon Collins and Ronald Darby was in the combine if they did go that route in the draft I wouldn't complain

CabbageHATCHkid
02-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Waynes is really growing on me. I love his length and athleticism. If one of the top WR's isn't available. I think he is our guy. I had a mock yesterday with him and I loved it. Check it out.