PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Roger Goodell will help the NFL?

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:43 AM
If this thing in London works out, will the NFL expand?

:sign0153:

sling58
10-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Any exposure that the NFL can get overseas is a good thing.

Canada
10-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I am sorry but I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to have games overseas before they expand the league to Canada. Not just because I am Canadian, but look at the travel time that will be put in by the fins and the midgets. Can u imagine that on a regular basis?? Canada is closer, the market is there and the beer is better!! Football in London....bah!!!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
If this thing in London works out, will the NFL expand?

:sign0153:

:sign0153: those that mean a team in london? oh geez!

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I am sorry but I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to have games overseas before they expand the league to Canada. Not just because I am Canadian, but look at the travel time that will be put in by the fins and the midgets. Can u imagine that on a regular basis?? Canada is closer, the market is there and the beer is better!! Football in London....bah!!!

Agreed. Stay in North America if we expand. NFL europa folded didn't it?

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Agreed. Stay in North America if we expand. NFL europa folded didn't it?

I think it folded because the NFL now knows it has a market and will provide better football, but not as much so when the Londoners go to a game it will probably cost big $$$. I say that if the NFL wants to play overseas, then the season should be lengthened and every team given two bye weeks, the second being the week before the teams overseas game.

If the NFL wants to expand and have more teams in the league then we should go to an 18 or 19 game schedule with 2 bye weeks. Add two more wild card teams to the playoffs and give all division winners a first round bye in the playoffs.

If the NFL wants to take a game away from the home crowd then we as the fans who made this league possible should be compensated with more football!!

Besides...the CFL plays 19 games!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I think it folded because the NFL now knows it has a market and will provide better football, but not as much so when the Londoners go to a game it will probably cost big $$$. I say that if the NFL wants to play overseas, then the season should be lengthened and every team given two bye weeks, the second being the week before the teams overseas game.

If the NFL wants to expand and have more teams in the league then we should go to an 18 or 19 game schedule with 2 bye weeks. Add two more wild card teams to the playoffs and give all division winners a first round bye in the playoffs.

If the NFL wants to take a game away from the home crowd then we as the fans who made this league possible should be compensated with more football!!

Besides...the CFL plays 19 games!! :bananen_smilies046:

More Chiefs Football????? I am all for it.

Good suggestions btw.

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM

I think that the success of the CFL may be keeping us out of there. But I certainly don't dislike the concept of trying to generate more interest in the game, overseas. Although I think the ideal would be to get them interested enough to start their own league. I believe that Germany is very fond of our game. Perhaps they could be the sparkplug in the idea.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I think that the success of the CFL may be keeping us out of there. But I certainly don't dislike the concept of trying to generate more interest in the game, overseas. Although I think the ideal would be to get them interested enough to start their own league. I believe that Germany is very fond of our game. Perhaps they could be the sparkplug in the idea.

Maybe that is why Herm wants the game there...his mom or his dad was German too!?!

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
btw...that was the closest I will ever come to a post of the month so if anyone wants to give me a sympathy t shirt for being dumb, I am OK with that!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM

I have some buddies that were stationed over there in Germany and they stated that there are a ton of Chiefs fans there.

Chiefscrowd goes overseas? I like it. We should have a research and development trip over there to make sure that the Chiefs Crowd would thrive over there. Admin, send Canada and myself as ambassadors to Germany on behalf of the Crowd to scout for new members. However, to make sure we get maximum exposure for the CROWD we will need to be sent over there during Oktober Fest. Admin, please make sure we get first clase seats also, we will need to stretch out on the way home after that bender...I mean recruited trip.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I have some buddies that were stationed over there in Germany and they stated that there are a ton of Chiefs fans there.

Chiefscrowd goes overseas? I like it. We should have a research and development trip over there to make sure that the Chiefs Crowd would thrive over there. Admin, send Canada and myself as ambassadors to Germany on behalf of the Crowd to scout for new members. However, to make sure we get maximum exposure for the CROWD we will need to be sent over there during Oktober Fest. Admin, please make sure we get first clase seats also, we will need to stretch out on the way home after that bender...I mean recruited trip.

We wouldn't want them to think that Crowders can't hold their beer so maybe we should get together and have a tryout to be on the official ChiefsCrowd.com Oktoberfest German recruiting advisors team!! Sponsored by your friends at ChiefsCrowd.com

*Contest not officially sanctioned by ChiefsCrowd.com
**All expenses incurred will be paid by ChiefsCrowd.com
***Unfortunately it will be in Arrowcash!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
We wouldn't want them to think that Crowders can't hold their beer so maybe we should get together and have a tryout to be on the official ChiefsCrowd.com Oktoberfest German recruiting advisors team!! Sponsored by your friends at ChiefsCrowd.com

*Contest not officially sanctioned by ChiefsCrowd.com
**All expenses incurred will be paid by ChiefsCrowd.com
***Unfortunately it will be in Arrowcash!!

Oh we can hold our beer!! But I am all for a tryout though. Admin, please get the petty cash out so we can pay for the training materials.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Oh we can hold our beer!! But I am all for a tryout though. Admin, please get the petty cash out so we can pay for the training materials.

oh....you need training. :bananen_smilies046: And "petty" cash might not cover it!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:26 AM
oh....you need training. :bananen_smilies046: And "petty" cash might not cover it!!

No just trying to get Admin to pay for the beer and your right petty cash will only start us out, Admin open up the checkbook.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
No just trying to get Admin to pay for the beer and your right petty cash will only start us out, Admin open up the checkbook.

Do we need to have more that two of us?? I can think of a few other members that would represent us well.

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Do we need to have more that two of us?? I can think of a few other members that would represent us well.

We might need a few more ambassadors, just to make sure we get the coverage we need to represent the CROWD.

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Maybe that is why Herm wants the game there...his mom or his dad was German too!?!

I think I remember hearing that Gunther was born in Germany.

sling58
10-26-2007, 10:32 AM

another reason we need to go! Out of respect for Gunther.

Canada
10-26-2007, 10:33 AM

I think you are correct sir! :bananen_smilies046:

another reason we need to go! Out of respect for Gunther.

...and Herm!! :beer:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 11:21 AM
We might need a few more ambassadors, just to make sure we get the coverage we need to represent the CROWD.

just get a few cases of beer and canada out there and we'll be well represented... hah

and KC wolf for security. :0)

Canada
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
just get a few cases of beer and canada out there and we'll be well represented... hah

and KC wolf for security. :0)

No need for security...i am bulletproof when I drink!! Although the wolf would be useful in smuggling beer into restricted areas!! :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 11:26 AM
No need for security...i am bulletproof when I drink!! Although the wolf would be useful in smuggling beer into restricted areas!! :bananen_smilies046:

all the things that could be hidden..... i can only imagine. :0)

which the only thing im thinking of hiding are the cans/cases of beer. lol who knows how much beer is out there in london.

Canada
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
all the things that could be hidden..... i can only imagine. :0)

which the only thing im thinking of hiding are the cans/cases of beer. lol who knows how much beer is out there in london.

I don't know, I am still trying to drink all the beer in Canada!!! :drunkhb:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
If anyone is going to Germany it is me.

I spent 4 years over there creating Chiefs fans with the tapes of the games my ex wife sent me.

I went to Oktoberfest in Munich, and out drank all of the Herman the flaming Germans put together!

I know the layout and may even still have a GF or two waiting for me to come back.

It will have to wait until next year though, Oktoberfest starts in September and ends VERY early in October.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
oooo oktoberfest, you might have to take me with!

and we can have a good drinkathon or drunkathon. hah :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
If anyone is going to Germany it is me.

I spent 4 years over there creating Chiefs fans with the tapes of the games my ex wife sent me.

I went to Oktoberfest in Munich, and out drank all of the Herman the flaming Germans put together!

I know the layout and may even still have a GF or two waiting for me to come back.

It will have to wait until next year though, Oktoberfest starts in September and ends VERY early in October.

You are on the team...you will be our tour guide!! You may also have to be in charge of getting us cabs. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 06:50 PM
You are on the team...you will be our tour guide!! You may also have to be in charge of getting us cabs. :bananen_smilies046:

I can do that!

Bitte ein Taxi!

:toast2: :D

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
...Don't really see this as a Chiefs topic of discussion. :)

hermhater
10-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Thanks guy!

:D

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks guy!

No problem dude! :)

Canada
10-29-2007, 09:23 AM

hello.....we are taking the Chiefs Crowd overseas!! Spreading the word...but if you don;t want the Crowd to do well world wide then don't send us!!

hermhater
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Thanks guy!

No problem dude! :)

hello.....we are taking the Chiefs Crowd overseas!! Spreading the word...but if you don;t want the Crowd to do well world wide then don't send us!!

Chiefster was just saying that he moved the thread to the right topic.

Some drunk moron put it in the wrong forum!

Chiefster will be on the team if he wants!

Admin we need money to go to Oktoberfest and spread the word about the Chiefs!

Sell more T-shirts, g-strings, or whatever you are selling!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Chiefster was just saying that he moved the thread to the right topic.

Some drunk moron put it in the wrong forum!

Chiefster will be on the team if he wants!

Admin we need money to go to Oktoberfest and spread the word about the Chiefs!

Sell more T-shirts, g-strings, or whatever you are selling!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

team DD ....u do still have a drivers licence right?? Or maybe we can all sit on the back of your horse and buggy!!