PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs to play in Germany?

chief31
10-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I looked around on the internet, but couldn't find anything more.

Watching the NFL Network this morning, I saw an interview with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. In the interview, it was brought-up that the Kansas City Chiefs have voiced an interest in playing a game in Germany.

There were no more details, but I thought that it was worth posting about.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I looked around on the internet, but couldn't find anything more.

Watching the NFL Network this morning, I saw an interview with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. In the interview, it was brought-up that the Kansas City Chiefs have voiced an interest in playing a game in Germany.

There were no more details, but I thought that it was worth posting about.

THE CHIEFS LEAVING KC? :sign0153: blasphemy.

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:18 AM
THE CHIEFS LEAVING KC? :sign0153: blasphemy.

It will just be one game, it better not be a home game though. It's hard to tailgate that far away.

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I will find a way!!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
It will just be one game, it better not be a home game though. It's hard to tailgate that far away.

hahah seriously! and imagine the time to watch the game live... crazies!

chief31
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM

I would assume that it would be a home game. But there was nothing said to verify that. I only assume that, because of the idea that if they are volunteering for it, then they are likely volunteering to lose a home game.

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
hahah seriously! and imagine the time to watch the game live... crazies!

When I lived in Guam I had to watch the games at like 6 am Mondays.

Canada
10-26-2007, 09:24 AM
I watched MNF on Tues at 10am in Australia!!

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I watched MNF on Tues at 10am in Australia!!

It's on at 8 am in Guam and the Superbowl was 11am on Mondays, I always skipped school that day.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I would assume that it would be a home game. But there was nothing said to verify that. I only assume that, because of the idea that if they are volunteering for it, then they are likely volunteering to lose a home game.

carl peterson wouldn't want to lose all that cash he'd make in losing a home game? would he? he'd be stupid to do so.

sling58
10-26-2007, 09:27 AM
carl peterson wouldn't want to lose all that cash he'd make in losing a home game? would he? he'd be stupid to do so.

there is got to be some kind of incentive to play that game though.

chief31
10-26-2007, 10:58 AM

there is got to be some kind of incentive to play that game though.

I have to imagine that there would be plenty of money involved.

swmochiefsfan
10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
This is a new thing like the London game this weekend, heard on Fox Sports Radio that all teams will have to play at least one game overseas, maybe we're just putting our name in early.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Why didn't they there when I was in Germany???

I had to have the games taped and mailed to me.

Figures.