PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Center

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Can anybody tell me if KC is actually going to get a hockey team? I know the NHL is going to fall off the face of the planet but I can hope right? The Chiefs are the best professional sports team on the planet but I do enjoy hockey from time to time. I need to fulfill my violent sports habit outside of Sunday.

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Can anybody tell me if KC is actually going to get a hockey team? I know the NHL is going to fall off the face of the planet but I can hope right? The Chiefs are the best professional sports team on the planet but I do enjoy hockey from time to time. I need to fulfill my violent sports habit outside of Sunday.

The Pittsburg Penguins were talking about moving there, but the city of Pittsburg ended up bailing them out and now they are staying!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
The Pittsburg Penguins were talking about moving there, but the city of Pittsburg ended up bailing them out and now they are staying!

I knew about the Pens. Sidney Crosby would've been big for KC. It's unfortunate.

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I know thay have been talking about it for several years now. Lemieux was talking about moving the Penguins to KC but I'm not sure where that lays at this point. I hear from relatives that the Arena League went over well there. Do you think hockey would get any support?

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I would be a KC "insert name here" fan and try to schedule my vacation so I could see football, hockey and baseball in KC on the same weekend. (although the Royals may have to win 100 games for that to happen)

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I know thay have been talking about it for several years now. Lemieux was talking about moving the Penguins to KC but I'm not sure where that lays at this point. I hear from relatives that the Arena League went over well there. Do you think hockey would get any support?

IMO, hockey is much better live. I think you could draw some fans there. A lot of people think the NHL should contract rather than expand though.

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
IMO, hockey is much better live. I think you could draw some fans there. A lot of people think the NHL should contract rather than expand though.

I am one of those. Streching the talent pool too thin makes for more crappier teams. I would rather see fewer really good teams.

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I would be a KC "insert name here" fan and try to schedule my vacation so I could see football, hockey and baseball in KC on the same weekend. (although the Royals may have to win 100 games for that to happen)

:lol: DAYTON MOORE HAS GOT TO GET IT DONE PEOPLE!!!! GO ROYALS!!!!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I am one of those. Streching the talent pool too thin makes for more crappier teams. I would rather see fewer really good teams.

Who do you like?

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Agreed!

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
After the hold out and the rule changes, i stopped supporting any particular NHL team although I grew up a Montreal fan! Now I guess I am a Team Canada fan. I would rather watch international hockey any day!!

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
After the hold out and the rule changes, i stopped supporting any particular NHL team although I grew up a Montreal fan! Now I guess I am a Team Canada fan. I would rather watch international hockey any day!!

The game is a little more interesting when it's spread out. What's the matter with the rule changes?

Canada
10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
The game is a little more interesting when it's spread out. What's the matter with the rule changes?

Can't hit like they used to and they are trying to eliminate fighting. I want to see hits, not figure skaters.

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Way too many penalties being called!!! Slows the game way down! I think they need to get rid of the second ref they implimented a few years back.

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Can't hit like they used to and they are trying to eliminate fighting. I want to see hits, not figure skaters.

You can still hit. I've seen some pretty good fights this year too. Granted it's not like it used to be but the offensive side of the game has opened up. It's weak a$$ thugs that hit players in the face with their sticks that are bringing down the physical aspect of the game. That and Gary Bettman.

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Way too many penalties being called!!! Slows the game way down! I think they need to get rid of the second ref they implimented a few years back.

Same as above.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
im going to the sprint center tonite to see van halen :band23:

chief31
10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Are they still touring with David Lee Roth as their leadman?

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Not a hockey fan at all guys, so I hope this doesn't sound too biased!

I went to a game here in KC about 7 or 8 years ago. Don't even know who played. It was sooooo boring, and the arena had about 500 people in it.

There is no fan base for hockey in this city. We will get a new NBA team WAY before we get hockey team.

Count on it.

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

What are those fogies doing? David Lee has lost his mind. Eddie's tapping is a thing of the past. Granted, they are immortal. They were better with Sammy.

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Not a hockey fan at all guys, so I hope this doesn't sound too biased!

I went to a game here in KC about 7 or 8 years ago. Don't even know who played. It was sooooo boring, and the arena had about 500 people in it.

There is no fan base for hockey in this city. We will get a new NBA team WAY before we get hockey team.

Count on it.

IMO, the NBA is crap and has been since Jordan lost his edge. An NBA team may draw more fans, but it takes more skill, endurance, and toughness to play hockey. I wish more people who are fans of professional sports would recognize that. I guess that's why the NHL is going down the toilet.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
What are those fogies doing? David Lee has lost his mind. Eddie's tapping is a thing of the past. Granted, they are immortal. They were better with Sammy.

BOOO!!!!

Van Hagar was OK, but they never recovered after they gave Dave the boot.

:beer: :D

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:55 PM
IMO, the NBA is crap and has been since Jordan lost his edge. An NBA team may draw more fans, but it takes more skill, endurance, and toughness to play hockey. I wish more people who are fans of professional sports would recognize that. I guess that's why the NHL is going down the toilet.

I wouldn't go to a hockey, or NBA game so I don't really care if we get one.

But after all the money they spent on the Spring center, someone is coming to town.

:D

chief31
10-26-2007, 02:57 PM

You, sir, are a ***insert insulting word***!!!!!

They were generic with Sammie. Just plain old boring love songs and what-not. Diamond Dave had things rockin'!!!!

Van Halen = Rock 'N' Roll

Van Hagar = Rock 'N' Soul

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

They were generic with Sammie. Just plain old boring love songs and what-not. Diamond Dave had things rockin'!!!!

Hey, to each his own. I don't mind David Lee. The post was mostly to get a rise out of Van Halen fans like you. :toast2:

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 03:00 PM

amen to that brother! tonite i just plan on having my face rocked off! :129:

chief31
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Hey, to each his own. I don't mind David Lee. The post was mostly to get a rise out of Van Halen fans like you. :toast2:

Yeah? You want a piece of me?

:fighting0030:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Well it worked!

:sign0098: :D :lol: :beer: :toast2:

royalswin100games
10-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah? You want a piece of me?

:fighting0030:

I joined the Navy to fix Marines. I'm a healer, not a fighter. Now enjoy a beer :bananen_smilies046: unless you're a violent drunk. Then i'll have to get some jarheads on ya.

Canada
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Who the hell is Vanhalen or hagar or whatever the hell you are talking about?

hermhater
10-29-2007, 05:09 PM

You're joking right?

:sign0153:

YouTube - van halen - jump

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 05:36 PM

You're joking right?

Not sure he's joking...Canadians may like their beer stronger...but their rock'n'roll is a little soft

YouTube - Rush - Tom Sawyer

hermhater
10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Not sure he's joking...Canadians may like their beer stronger...but their rock'n'roll is a little soft

YouTube - Rush - Tom Sawyer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZru4JG_Uo)

Nice!

:lol: :yahoo:

Canada
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM

funny you should say that, I was hopin for some Slipknot or Korn, maybe even some slayer. I make fun of Halen fans because they listen to a boy band!! (my best friend the niners fan is a huge Halen fan too!!)

Youtube - Slipknot - Pulse of the maggots

hermhater
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
funny you should say that, I was hopin for some Slipknot or Korn, maybe even some slayer. I make fun of Halen fans because they listen to a boy band!! (my best friend the niners fan is a huge Halen fan too!!)

Eddie used to shred the axe man.

They got soft!

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 09:58 PM
You're joking right?

YouTube - van halen - jump (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e-vgQSqNtA)

I had forgotten how nimble David Lee Roth was.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I had forgotten how nimble David Lee Roth was.

Something tells me he wasn't doing that at the show Leeana saw!

That was over 20 years ago!

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Something tells me he wasn't doing that at the show Leeana saw!

That was over 20 years ago!

I'm certain of that.

chief31
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM

Well, when they were together with DLR origionally, they were considered to be very hard-core.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Well, when they were together with DLR origionally, they were considered to be very hard-core.

Where have you been?

Just noticed this.

Did you go to bed early?

What happened dude?

chief31
10-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Went to bed early, and woke up late. Now back at work. <sigh>

Canada
10-30-2007, 08:18 AM

dosen't Van Halen do a lot of pepsi commercials??