PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mock Draft Live

CabbageHATCHkid
04-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Was just watching the show they have the Chiefs taking Malcolm Brown in the first and Eric Rowe in the 2nd. Love the Rowe pick. Not sold on the Brown pick. Even though I know Dline in a need.

The thing that jumped out to me from their mock was Angholor going to the Texans at 16. I guess he has jumped into not only the late first but mid first. His route running ability is 2nd only to Cooper they say and he excels against man coverage. If he is there at 18 I wouldn't mind snagging a WR with his complete route tree and taking a Rowe type corner in the 2nd. Could be getting two excellent skill players in the first two rounds.

CabbageHATCHkid
04-23-2015, 01:32 PM
My dream scenario however is still Waynes/Peters in the first. And Smith/DGB in the second.

brdempsey69
04-24-2015, 02:28 PM
This mock draft (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487820/article/mock-draft-sevenround-2015-nfl-draft-projection) has Waynes falling to the Chiefs at #18. I'd be ecstatic if that happened. A CB with 4.31 speed and decent size is a great value pick at that stage of the game.

Chiefs4life24
04-24-2015, 03:50 PM
I've read that their is a chance a run on defense could push receivers down the board if one of the top 3 fall pull the trigger

brdempsey69
04-24-2015, 04:04 PM
I've read that their is a chance a run on defense could push receivers down the board if one of the top 3 fall pull the trigger

The #3 guy would be Parker or Perriman, and yes, if he's there, then he would most likely be BPA and they should pull the trigger.

Chiefs4life24
04-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Perriman is gonna be a joke he would definitely be a waste. If Parker falls would like him if Wayne's is gone. Here is the problem who do you pick if Parker and Waynes are both available?

brdempsey69
04-24-2015, 06:35 PM
I would go with Waynes in that situation. They can draft a WR later on.

Chiefs4life24
04-24-2015, 06:52 PM
thats what i was thinking too, Waynes and Smith would be a hell of a first 2 rounds

CabbageHATCHkid
04-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Ill pass on Perriman. Screams too many things that scare me. If were going to take the size and speed player I would prefer DGB. I know he didn't run near as fast as Perriman but I think he has more tools. If Parker and Waynes are still available I think I take Waynes still. Cooper is only receiver I would take over Waynes and that would still be tough. Too many good prospects at WR to not take Waynes. Its unfortunate Angholor has sky rocketed. I was high on him from the beginning, and was hopeful we could snag him later.

brdempsey69
04-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Kind of Off-topic, but maybe not:

What really stinks is the Chiefs didn't get a second 3rd round compensatory pick or even a 4th rounder for losing Tyson Jackson and Jon Asamoah. That just shows you right there that Pioli overspent for both of those guys & the Chiefs were right to let both of them go.

Chiefs4life24
04-24-2015, 11:23 PM
I guess the league Thinks they SUCK too so no big loss with Jackson and Asamoah, im just glad im not the GM and Have to choose between Waynes and Parker, i dont know if i wouldnt have them even on my board, flip a coin maybe?

Bike
04-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Waynes will most likely be long gone by pick 18.

Eydugstr
04-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Ill pass on Perriman. Screams too many things that scare me. If were going to take the size and speed player I would prefer DGB. I know he didn't run near as fast as Perriman but I think he has more tools. If Parker and Waynes are still available I think I take Waynes still. Cooper is only receiver I would take over Waynes and that would still be tough. Too many good prospects at WR to not take Waynes. Its unfortunate Angholor has sky rocketed. I was high on him from the beginning, and was hopeful we could snag him later.

THIS. This year's crop of WR's is fairly deep, and I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a cb with first pick. My hope is that DGB falls to us in the second or third round.

brdempsey69
04-25-2015, 07:35 PM
THIS. This year's crop of WR's is fairly deep, and I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a cb with first pick. My hope is that DGB falls to us in the second or third round.

It's not unreasonable to suspect that Dorsey/Reid are also hopeful that DGB is available in round 2. They've had him in for a visit. DGB is not a reach at #49 overall in round 2. He's worth taking a flyer on at that stage of the game, and is far better prospect with way more upside than either McCluster or Arenas had when Pioli took them at #36 and #50 back in 2010.

If Waynes does somehow fall to them at #18 (although it's doubtful), they have to take him. The Chiefs need another CB, as well as another WR, and it's blatantly obvious to everyone that they have to address both these areas at some point in the draft, as well as ILB.

Chiefs4life24
04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
They didn't work Dorial Green Beckham out they just did an interview with him, too much risk can't waste a pick like that

brdempsey69
04-25-2015, 08:21 PM
They didn't work Dorial Green Beckham out they just did an interview with him, too much risk can't waste a pick like that

Nobody said they worked him out. Besides, they saw his workout at the combine, where he was excellent. Is he really any more of a risk at #49 than McCluster was at #36 or Arenas at #50 back in 2010? Not at all. DGB's scenario is the same as Justin Houston's was in 2011 coming into this draft. It's a gamble, but one that could pay huge dividends, if DGB opts to stay clean like Houston did.

Chiefs4life24
04-25-2015, 10:22 PM
He has to want it though. I wouldnt be upset at all if they passed

brdempsey69
04-25-2015, 11:02 PM
He has to want it though. I wouldnt be upset at all if they passed

Perhaps they do pass, but just hope that he doesn't wind up with a division rival and develop.

Chiefs4life24
04-26-2015, 01:44 AM
I doubt he makes it anywhere, the NFL should really limit players with criminal history and background problems from playing, jut like i think any player that gets a Felony while in the NFL get a automatic 1 year suspension

Eydugstr
04-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Nobody said they worked him out. Besides, they saw his workout at the combine, where he was excellent. Is he really any more of a risk at #49 than McCluster was at #36 or Arenas at #50 back in 2010? Not at all. DGB's scenario is the same as Justin Houston's was in 2011 coming into this draft. It's a gamble, but one that could pay huge dividends, if DGB opts to stay clean like Houston did.

Definitely not. And with Reid & Dorsey at the helm it's very likely he'd have a better impact than either of those guys did.

Do understand where C4L is coming from - If we don't draft him, won't be crying in my beer over it - but if he drops into the third round, definitely snag him, see what he does in camp and preseason.

brdempsey69
04-26-2015, 01:50 PM
I don't think DGB will fall out of round 2. Some team will take a chance on him. Possibly looking at another Dez Bryant.

Eydugstr
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Understood. The guy has all the tools to be a monster WR.

brdempsey69
04-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Hey Dougster, I think everybody has also forgotten about the signing of Da'Rick Rogers. If Rogers can get his act together, he could be a very good player. Rogers is at a crossroads to the point where he either cleans up his act and produces in KC, or his career is over.

Eydugstr
04-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Hey Dougster, I think everybody has also forgotten about the signing of Da'Rick Rogers. If Rogers can get his act together, he could be a very good player. Rogers is at a crossroads to the point where he either cleans up his act and produces in KC, or his career is over.

After Avery...I'm concerned with anything secondhand from Indy (lately Indy has had a lot of WR issues, too...). He had one really good game a couple of years ago, then disappeared?

Chiefs4life24
04-27-2015, 10:45 PM
We also need another TE. Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star talked to some scouts and said that TE from Florida State I believe it was and Max Williams have pissed alot of teams off in the interviews one scout was quoted as saying they acted liked the scouts were doing them a favor by interviewing them. Maxx Williams even acted pissed that he was being interviewed. Sounds screwy to me

Chiefs4life24
04-30-2015, 10:12 AM
Ok which do you like better
Sample 1-
18: R1P18
WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE

49: R2P17
ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN
MIAMI

80: R3P16
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA

98: R3P34
CB JOSH SHAW
USC

118: R4P19
C REESE DISMUKES
AUBURN

172: R5P36
OT COREY ROBINSON
SOUTH CAROLINA

173: R5P37
RB ZACH ZENNER
SOUTH DATOKA STATE

193: R6P17
DT CHUCKY HUNTER
TCU

217: R6P41
S ANTHONY JEFFERSON
UCLA

233: R7P16
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE

Or Sample 2-
Your score is: 5864 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 18: Eric Kendricks (http://www.google.com/search?q=Eric+Kendricks+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), ILB/OLB, UCLA (B-)
Round 2 Pick 17: Devin Smith (http://www.google.com/search?q=Devin+Smith+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), WR, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 16: B.J. Finney (http://www.google.com/search?q=B.J.+Finney+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), C, Kansas State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Cody Prewitt (http://www.google.com/search?q=Cody+Prewitt+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), FS, Ole Miss (A-)
Round 4 Pick 19: Jesse James (http://www.google.com/search?q=Jesse+James+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), TE, Penn State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Cedric Reed (http://www.google.com/search?q=Cedric+Reed+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), DE/OLB, Texas (B+)
Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Austin Shepherd (http://www.google.com/search?q=Austin+Shepherd+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OT, Alabama (A)
Round 6 Pick 17: Anthony Harris (http://www.google.com/search?q=Anthony+Harris+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), SS/FS, Virginia (C+)
Round 6 Pick 42 (COMP): Geneo Grissom (http://www.google.com/search?q=Geneo+Grissom+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OLB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 7 Pick 16: Quinton Spain (http://www.google.com/search?q=Quinton+Spain+Draft+Profile&btnI&as_sitesearch=nfl.com), OG, West Virginia (C+)

key67
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Instead of taking Jesse James, I would rather take Blake Bell from Oklahoma at a TE. He is a much better blocking TE and was a former QB. Yes he is raw, but understands the importance of finding the opening on the field.

Chiefs4life24
04-30-2015, 02:15 PM
I like example 1 the best

Pro_Angler
04-30-2015, 05:49 PM
I am certain they will just peeve us off as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!! what we should do: trade our first 2nd, 3rd and or 4th to move to #4 and get Cooper or White. We still have comp pics . attempt to trade back up to 2nd to get corner. then get LG.

We dont have alot of holes to fill we are very close!!!!!!!! WR, Corner, Left Guard or Left tackle. 3 biggest need in that order.

Chiefs4life24
04-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Left Guard is fine Ben Grubbs is a monster so, and no team in their right mind would give up that many picks for the #2 receiver in the draft