PDA

View Full Version : thwy said chiefs aced the draft. wait wait wrong.

jason1981
05-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Kansas*City*Chiefs: A

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.

WATCH MORE VIDEOS

REPLAY

AFC West draft grades

Scott Pioli has rebuilt the*Chiefs*by deftly selecting productive, hard-working players in every stage of the draft. This year, Pioli appeared to deviate from the philosophy when he selected*Dontari Poe*in the first round, despite questions about his productivity at Memphis. However, it's impossible to find 346-pound defenders with this combination of size, strength and athleticism, so it's a worthwhile gamble with the unique upside.Jeff Allen,*Donald Stephenson*and*Devon Wylie*are classic "hard hat and lunch pail" guys with the potential to fill key roles as rookies.*Cyrus Gray*and*DeQuan Menzie*are promising Day 3 picks. Bottom line: This looks like another stellar class that should keep the team in contention in this division for the foreseeable future.

Best pick:*Jeff Allen, T, Illinois (Round 2, 44).
Allen is a versatile offensive lineman with the rare ability to play four positions along the line. He is in line to start at left guard, but could emerge as a swing player capable of filling any role.

Questionable pick:*Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis (Round 1, 11).
Poe experienced a meteoric rise up the charts after a sensational performance at theNFL Scouting Combine, but his questionable production on tape leads to concerns about his ability to develop into a dominant interior defender as a pro. As mentioned above, though, Poe's rare athleticism/power combination is quite enticing.

Sleeper pick:*Devon Wylie, WR/KR, Fresno State (Round 4, 107).
Some will attempt to label Wylie as a*Wes Welker*clone, based on his impressive skills as a slot receiver. He is an explosive playmaker with the ball in his hands and could add another dimension to the*Chiefs' offense and kicking game

Ops did i mention pioli and 2012? Poe and houston is the only two picks pioli actually aced.

Chiefs4life24
05-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Pioli is about as worthless as t@#s on a boar hog

jason1981
05-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah. I was fooled myself. I was reading this years draf5 grades and this was a link below the article saying the chiefs aced the draft and so i clicked on it and started to read it and i was what pioli? Then say the names draft and then i looked at the date of the article. They gave us a B this year so im guessing they think we had a better 2012 than they do now.

brdempsey69
05-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Actually, they did take Allen Bailey in round 3 of the 2011 & Bailey did win the new regime over well enough to get a contract extension.

As for 2012, Poe is the only hit so far, but Allen and Stephenson will be given one last chance this year and Cyrus Gray has served a a 3rd string RB and ST, and Hemingway has been ST, but disappointed as a WR last year.

jason1981
05-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Yea but devon wylie,cryis gray, ju ior hemmingway and that one small cd think nick name was black momba or something. The same draft as mccluster which was also under achieved besides on punt returns. He reached to much in the higher rounds.