PDA

View Full Version : huard love or hate.

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 05:09 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k169/rombeck/horrid.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/318.jpg

hermhater
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Damon is the best backup QB in the league.

I hope he doesn't get too seriously hurt before we start Broyle, and then we won't have a backup, besides the rookie!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 05:19 PM
you forget ol' man vinnie testaverde... i heard he was still playing. :0)

hermhater
10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
you forget ol' man vinnie testaverde... i heard he was still playing. :0)

Vinnie has always been a starter.

He just sits out of the league awhile before he decides to come back!

Canada
10-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I can understand people want Croyle to start,,,but bashing the QB who has led us to 4-3 and 1st in the West. Damon Horrid?? Just terrible...no beer for you!!

anaeelbackwards
10-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I can understand people want Croyle to start,,,but bashing the QB who has led us to 4-3 and 1st in the West. Damon Horrid?? Just terrible...no beer for you!!

hahaha i didn't make those, lol..... someone made it, and obviously there no-love for huard gets no beer.

Canada
10-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I just got another case and I still haven't slept!!

hermhater
10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I just got another case and I still haven't slept!!

No rest for the wicked!!!

:D :yahoo: :toast2: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :drunkhb:

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/318.jpg

I have seen both of those sig pics at that "other" BB.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 09:25 PM

What "other" Bed and Breakfast?

:lol:

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
What "other" Bed and Breakfast?

The one claiming to be the planet for all Chiefs fans.

McLovin
10-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Then no beer for me either, I might have to add that to my sig line.

Damon Horrid I like it.

Besides the man kills puppies.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Damon Horrid I like it.

chief31 fixed it so you don't have to click the link!

Canada is currently out drinking beer with his buddy (I guess they are buddies, he picked him up!) and should be back online shortly!

Puppy killer!

luv
10-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Damon is the best backup QB in the league.

I hope he doesn't get too seriously hurt before we start Broyle, and then we won't have a backup, besides the rookie!
They're not going to bench him when we have a winning record and we're first in the division. Some of it may be in spite of him, but still, he's doing what he's getting paid to do - not lose.

I don't see Croyle coming in unless:

1. Huard gets injured.
2. Huard starts to completely tank.
3. We get to where we've clinched the division.

Canada
10-27-2007, 01:30 PM

Damon Horrid I like it.

Not liking him is one thing, I just think it is kinda weak to be bashing our starting QB.

McLovin
10-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Not liking him is one thing, I just think it is kinda weak to be bashing our starting QB.
Actually we have a backup QB starting, he did a phenomenal job last year, this year he isn't getting it done, but thanks to a much improved D he is getting the wins. Part of this is we have won over struggling teams. But we have lost against struggling teams also, as well as dominant teams (Jax).

Again though I do kinda like Huard, I don't like him at this point as the starter, there are some things out of his control that aren't helping him.

The reason I am so down on him on the board right now is because when I speak of wanting to give Croyle a shot while Huard is still able to be a backup. I get all kinds of grief, then when I post stats showing that Huard is Horrible this year those that are slamming me for my opinions don't respond to the thread much because you can't argue stats. Although it was those same people that wanted to trade LJ (for the most part) and I feel that if you can't see that LJ is a much more valuable and much better player then Huard you don't seem to be seeing the games I am.

Because of this constant basing of me for my Pro-Croyle opinions, then I decided to go after Huard.

And yes I know Huard is a good person and doesn't kill puppies that was sarcasm.

hermhater
10-27-2007, 03:22 PM

Damon Horrid I like it.

I thought you meant Canada kills puppies!

My bad!

McLovin
10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Heck no Canada saves lives. Why would some one with so much good in him kill puppies. Well unless he was drunk and ran them over with the Ambulance.

Ok so maybe that isn't funny.

hermhater
10-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Heck no Canada saves lives. Why would some one with so much good in him kill puppies. Well unless he was drunk and ran them over with the Ambulance.

Ok so maybe that isn't funny.

Canada didn't want to click on the link!

He was gonna let Vick bite the head off of a puppy pit bull!

:beer: :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
10-27-2007, 07:18 PM

that other BED AND BREAKFAST posts crappy bulletins and far too much crude stuff to even be apart of... hah. are you apart of that place chiefster? i am, but ive never posted. hah

timsatt1
10-28-2007, 11:30 PM

he lead us to 4-3? Which game was that where he lead us to that victory???

I think our defense lead us to 4-3 and Huard simply "didnt lose it."

I am not a Huard hater.

But I would LOVE to see what Brody Croyle could do for us. Under Huard, Chiefs highest possibility this year is first round exit in playoffs.

Not saying that it WILL be different with croyle...i am just saying it MIGHT be different with croyle, and I would like to see if he can do better with our offensive talent that is being underused. Believe me, we do have some SERIOUS talent on offense...let me explain: Bowe, Gonzalez, Johnson, Priest enough said.

chief31
10-29-2007, 02:01 AM
he lead us to 4-3? Which game was that where he lead us to that victory???

I think our defense lead us to 4-3 and Huard simply "didnt lose it."

I am not a Huard hater.

But I would LOVE to see what Brody Croyle could do for us. Under Huard, Chiefs highest possibility this year is first round exit in playoffs.

Not saying that it WILL be different with croyle...i am just saying it MIGHT be different with croyle, and I would like to see if he can do better with our offensive talent that is being underused. Believe me, we do have some SERIOUS talent on offense...let me explain: Bowe, Gonzalez, Johnson, Priest enough said.

In my opinion, he has lead us to four victories. He has become a team leader and has gained the respect of his teammates.

And I am thrilled with the fact that Huard has been able to maintain the starting job this long, and allow Croyle more time to learn the offense. It is his greatest asset, in my opinion.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 02:06 AM
In my opinion, he has lead us to four victories. He has become a team leader and has gained the respect of his teammates.

And I am thrilled with the fact that Huard has been able to maintain the starting job this long, and allow Croyle more time to learn the offense. It is his greatest asset, in my opinion.

I don't know how to do it, but I think you should be moved up to jedi blackbelt.

Good post!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I don't know how to do it, but I think you should be moved up to jedi blackbelt.

Good post!

:bananen_smilies046:

How about Sith Master?

McLovin
10-29-2007, 02:16 AM

Huard for one is not a leader, Priest showed being a leader directing the offense, Huard couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag, He has as much of a chance of winning American Idol as he does the Super Bowl.

I equate this as Huard drove the bus off the cliff but because no one died you call him a good driver. I really need to watch and try to keep myself in check though because I don't want to start wishing for Huard to get hurt, I feel that Huard is a great come off the bench fill in if your real QB gets hurt. Last year he was on a role and should not have been benched for Trent to come back, but Herms loyalty cost us, just by hearing you talk this year I am guessing you were rooting for pulling Huard last year because Trent is our starter. It is rubbish, my loyalty is to the team not a player.

Or on second thought Huard could beat the Pats, Huard for MVP.
in kinda the words of Dennis Green

He is who we thought he was (a backup) if you want to crown him then crown him.

Wow I just heard Primetime say that the Lions had a tough schedule coming up and mentioned one of the tough games as the Chiefs.

chief31
10-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Huard for one is not a leader, Priest showed being a leader directing the offense, Huard couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag, He has as much of a chance of winning American Idol as he does the Super Bowl.

I equate this as Huard drove the bus off the cliff but because no one died you call him a good driver. I really need to watch and try to keep myself in check though because I don't want to start wishing for Huard to get hurt, I feel that Huard is a great come off the bench fill in if your real QB gets hurt. Last year he was on a role and should not have been benched for Trent to come back, but Herms loyalty cost us, just by hearing you talk this year I am guessing you were rooting for pulling Huard last year because Trent is our starter. It is rubbish, my loyalty is to the team not a player.

Or on second thought Huard could beat the Pats, Huard for MVP.
in kinda the words of Dennis Green

He is who we thought he was (a backup) if you want to crown him then crown him.

Wow I just heard Primetime say that the Lions had a tough schedule coming up and mentioned one of the tough games as the Chiefs.

No. I don't have that kind of player loyalty. Huard was winning last year, and I wanted to allow him to continue winning. Huard is again winning and I want him to have the chance to continue winning.

And Damon has not wrecked the bus, he is simply driving it slowly, because of the psychotic backseat-drivers.(Herm and Solari) The damn bus in shambles, and yet Huard continues to keep it running. That's a good driver.

And he has shown leadership in several ways. The fact that you refuse to see it is, in no way, a surprise.

McLovin
10-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Damon Huard 79.8 Passer Rating (30th overall in league 22nd of 31 with enough stats to count)

6 TDs 7 Ints

You maybe right though might be more of a train wreck then a bus wreck.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 02:35 AM
No. I don't have that kind of player loyalty. Huard was winning last year, and I wanted to allow him to continue winning. Huard is again winning and I want him to have the chance to continue winning.

And Damon has not wrecked the bus, he is simply driving it slowly, because of the psychotic backseat-drivers.(Herm and Solari) The damn bus in shambles, and yet Huard continues to keep it running. That's a good driver.

And he has shown leadership in several ways. The fact that you refuse to see it is, in no way, a surprise.

I am a Broyle supporter because I don't know any better, but that is the best post I have ever hear about Huard driving this bus!!!

:sign0098: :11: :D :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: and all that!

Sox win the series.

Chiefs didn't lose this week.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Damon Huard 79.8 Passer Rating (30th overall in league 22nd of 31 with enough stats to count)

6 TDs 7 Ints

Damn you're fast.

Huard isn't as horrible as he has been portrayed. If you see some of the coverage here, it seems that he is managing the game well.

Listen to these guys on the thread dude. (chief31 and rbedgood etc...)

They are pretty knowledgeable about the "non-skilled" positions.

They make a huge difference with the skilled players.

Meaning:

If LJ gets a hole to run through he will be able to run over a LINEBACKER, CORNER, OR SAFETY to get extra yardage.

McLovin
10-29-2007, 02:44 AM
Damn you're fast.

Huard isn't as horrible as he has been portrayed. If you see some of the coverage here, it seems that he is managing the game well.

Listen to these guys on the thread dude. (chief31 and rbedgood etc...)

They are pretty knowledgeable about the "non-skilled" positions.

They make a huge difference with the skilled players.

Meaning:

If LJ gets a hole to run through he will be able to run over a LINEBACKER, CORNER, OR SAFETY to get extra yardage.

Now I know your drunk, Dude time for bed before the cats come back.

well anyway it is my bedtime, see ya.

chief31
10-29-2007, 03:18 AM

6 TDs 7 Ints

No statistics, no matter how many games/attmpts can tell the whole story about a quarterback. Period. Take Jeff George. When he played on teams that had poor offenses, he had poor stats. But when he finally got a decent offense to work with, he put-up Pro-Bowl numbers. (Vikings)

You can look at hundreds of examples of that. Including Trent Green, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb...etc. You know all too well, that the rest of this offense is stuggling and yet you refuse to give credit to the guy who has been able to hold things together, in spite of all those deficiencies.

luv
10-29-2007, 03:21 AM
No statistics, no matter how many games/attmpts can tell the whole story about a quarterback. Period. Take Jeff George. When he played on teams that had poor offenses, he had poor stats. But when he finally got a decent offense to work with, he put-up Pro-Bowl numbers. (Vikings)

You can look at hundreds of examples of that. Including Trent Green, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb...etc. You know all too well, that the rest of this offense is stuggling and yet you refuse to give credit to the guy who has been able to hold things together, in spite of all those deficiencies.
How many times was Huards passer rating brought up for last year during preseason? :p

chief31
10-29-2007, 03:32 AM

6 TDs 7 Ints

How many times was Huards passer rating brought up for last year during preseason? :p

Repeatedly. And how many times were those statistics questioned, or belittled?

luv
10-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Repeatedly. And how many times were those statistics questioned, or belittled?
I was thinking that was one of our several arguments. Thinking back, I guess it was m0ef0e and stl that kept bringing them up.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Some memories know no bounds.

luv
10-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Some memories know no bounds.
Huh?

Are you drunk?

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 04:04 AM
The only stat that matters...WINS

chief31
10-29-2007, 04:26 AM
I was thinking that was one of our several arguments. Thinking back, I guess it was m0ef0e and stl that kept bringing them up.

Oh, yeah. It was. And what I am saying is that those stats were heavily challenged by you, and others. Fact is that stats never tell the whole story, regarding a QB. They should only be viewed as an indicator.

With that discussion, there was much more to use, in direct comparison between Green and Huard. The complaints that I am hearing now, regarding Huard seem partially fabricated. "He's a statue in the backfield" "He is overthrowing guys by fifteen yards" I just don't see nearly of that as others seem to be seeing.

During the offseason, the stats were shown, because of the overwhelming productivity that they were showing. Throwing only one interception in eight starts is very impressive. You made the argument that his recievers were "bailing him out" with miraculous catches, and I never saw it that way. I also would point-out that those same recievers were dropping the ball alot.

Todays discussion is that Huard is ranked 24th, or something, in QB Rating. When there have been fifty, or so quarterbacks starting games, so far, this season, I don't find that to be overwhelming, and I think it's kind of impressive, considering the other elements.

Joe Quarterback may have 14 interceptions this year, but if eleven of them bounced off of his recievers, then how bad is he really doing? If he only has one interception, but he is averaging two yards per attempt? then that isn't very impressive. The stats never tell the whole story of a quarterbacks play.

The only stat that matters...WINS

Well, it's definitely the most important one.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Oh, yeah. It was. And what I am saying is that those stats were heavily challenged by you, and others. Fact is that stats never tell the whole story, regarding a QB. They should only be viewed as an indicator.

With that discussion, there was much more to use, in direct comparison between Green and Huard. The complaints that I am hearing now, regarding Huard seem partially fabricated. "He's a statue in the backfield" "He is overthrowing guys by fifteen yards" I just don't see nearly of that as others seem to be seeing.

During the offseason, the stats were shown, because of the overwhelming productivity that they were showing. Throwing only one interception in eight starts is very impressive. You made the argument that his recievers were "bailing him out" with miraculous catches, and I never saw it that way. I also would point-out that those same recievers were dropping the ball alot.

Todays discussion is that Huard is ranked 24th, or something, in QB Rating. When there have been fifty, or so quarterbacks starting games, so far, this season, I don't find that to be overwhelming, and I think it's kind of impressive, considering the other elements.

Joe Quarterback may have 14 interceptions this year, but if eleven of them bounced off of his recievers, then how bad is he really doing? If he only has one interception, but he is averaging two yards per attempt? then that isn't very impressive. The stats never tell the whole story of a quarterbacks play.

Well, it's definitely the most important one.

I could go back and highlight some of your post but I wont.

Live with it people, live with it.

:beer: :lol: :D

Canada
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Huh?

Are you drunk?

i am :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-29-2007, 11:02 AM

There is another BB...what is the name?