PDA

View Full Version : Donkeys are in trouble

brdempsey69
05-28-2015, 03:08 PM
There starting LT, Ryan Clady has a torn ACL and may miss the season. Please let's get things settled somehow with Justin Houston, ASAP.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494533/article/broncos-ryan-clady-has-torn-acl-may-miss-season

(http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000494533/article/broncos-ryan-clady-has-torn-acl-may-miss-season)

matthewschiefs
05-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Bad news hate to see anyone go down before the year starts even if they are a donkey

brdempsey69
05-28-2015, 03:27 PM
They weren't going to win any SB with Clady in the lineup, anyway. But your right, Matt, this is bad. I'd rather they had Clady on the field like they did last year, so that the Donks don't have any excuses.

It's weird, that the top 3 O-Lineman taken in that 2008 draft -- Jake Long, Ryan Clady, and Branden Albert -- have all became sickbay commandos, as of of late.

jap1
05-28-2015, 03:43 PM
They weren't going to win any SB with Clady in the lineup, anyway. But your right, Matt, this is bad. I'd rather they had Clady on the field like they did last year, so that the Donks don't have any excuses.

It's weird, that the top 3 O-Lineman taken in that 2008 draft -- Jake Long, Ryan Clady, and Branden Albert -- have all became sickbay commandos, as of of late.

Yet another crappy draft year where we had a top pick.

I feel bad for clady, he has had some bad injuries. Unless the donkeys have a backup that is a diamond in the rough on the bench, they are going to have problems. They ran behind him a lot, and they're going to need a stout run game to keep Peyton effective all year. Hopefully Houston, Hali, and Ford can take advantage of their losses in the off-season.

Chiefs4life24
05-28-2015, 04:39 PM
i read mainly we be under center almost all the time during games this year. So good chance to sack him alot this year

doobs_05
05-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Damn, sucks to see injuries happen, but that's football.

brdempsey69
05-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Just got word that the Donks signed Ryan Harris. They'll have to do a lot of holding and getting away with it to be successful, but of course, they've been doing that for the past couple of years, anyway.

Eydugstr
05-28-2015, 05:50 PM

Guess if you can have a bad year for drafting QB's (2013), you can have a bad year at drafting O-line, too.

Yet another crappy draft year where we had a top pick.

I feel bad for clady, he has had some bad injuries. Unless the donkeys have a backup that is a diamond in the rough on the bench, they are going to have problems. They ran behind him a lot, and they're going to need a stout run game to keep Peyton effective all year. Hopefully Houston, Hali, and Ford can take advantage of their losses in the off-season.

I think the key is how much Ford develops. Houston will be great regardless, but Hali will be good but isn't getting any younger and we'll need all the speed we can get if we hope to beat Peyton's quick release. Maybe this will be a good gauge of how well Elway has stocked the Broncos for depth.

brdempsey69
05-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Maybe this will be a good gauge of how well Turd Elway has stocked the Broncos for depth.

Fixed. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :lol:

Eydugstr
05-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Fixed. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :lol:

Well if the shi...er shoe, I meant to say shoe fits, wear it.

brdempsey69
06-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Interesting in this article here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000496825/article/denver-broncos-are-title-contenders-in-transition

Especially this:

3. First-round pick Shane Ray (http://www.nfl.com/player/shaneray/2552451/profile) has barely practiced this offseason because of turf toe and then a quad injury.

Plus, their best WR may be holding out. Time will tell how this all plays out once the regular season begins, but the Donks certainly haven't had what you would call a stellar off-season.

doobs_05
06-12-2015, 04:29 PM
The WR thing is the most interesting league wide. I read somewhere that a lot of them are just waiting for someone else to sign so they could get more than what the other guy signed for, plus the agent that signs first doesn't want to be known as the guy that got his player the least amount.

brdempsey69
06-12-2015, 04:41 PM
The WR thing is the most interesting league wide. I read somewhere that a lot of them are just waiting for someone else to sign so they could get more than what the other guy signed for, plus the agent that signs first doesn't want to be known as the guy that got his player the least amount.

The thing is that Demaryius Thomas wants a Calvin Johnson-type contract and it sounds like Elway doesn't want to give it to him, and Thomas might wind up a no-show because of it. If D. Thomas is a no show, then who is going to take his place?

Of course, the Chiefs have a similar situation with Justin Houston, and hopefully a resolution happens before training camp, but at least the Chiefs have a promising youngster in Dee Ford to take Houston's place, if it doesn't get resolved.

Eydugstr
06-12-2015, 05:07 PM
The thing is that Demaryius Thomas wants a Calvin Johnson-type contract and it sounds like Elway doesn't want to give it to him, and Thomas might wind up a no-show because of it. If D. Thomas is a no show, then who is going to take his place?

Of course, the Chiefs have a similar situation with Justin Houston, and hopefully a resolution happens before training camp, but at least the Chiefs have a promising youngster in Dee Ford to take Houston's place, if it doesn't get resolved.

Does Elway even have the cap space to give D. Thomas what he's looking for? If he does, then I'd say it's just a question of time before Thomas signs for good $$$'s and he's headed back to camp.

Chiefs4life24
06-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Reid said today he doesn't expect Justin Houston to show up next week for the mandatory stuff

doobs_05
06-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Does Elway even have the cap space to give D. Thomas what he's looking for? If he does, then I'd say it's just a question of time before Thomas signs for good $$$'s and he's headed back to camp.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

if reading correctly they have about 7 million left.

brdempsey69
06-12-2015, 06:06 PM

I'm sure hoping that money spent against the cap includes the Franchise Tag, because if it doesn't, then the $978,287 of cap space for the Chiefs spells trouble. And the 20 million in dead money, don't look good either.

doobs_05
06-12-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm sure hoping that money spent against the cap includes the Franchise Tag, because if it doesn't, then the $978,287 of cap space for the Chiefs spells trouble. And the 20 million in dead money, don't look good either.

and just remember, those are estimates.

jap1
06-14-2015, 03:43 AM
The $978k includes Houston's tag and the dead money already.

ctchiefsfan
06-14-2015, 02:13 PM

Sure looks that way. So to keep Thomas and stay under the cap shouldn't be too terribly hard. Structure the contract so he gets about $7 million this year and the rest gets made up in future years.

That said, I hope he holds out.

ctchiefsfan
06-14-2015, 02:36 PM
The $978k includes Houston's tag and the dead money already.

This is what confuses me. As I see it what Houston wants is a contract that makes him "set for life" even if he gets injured and his career ends in week 1 this season. I can understand that. The Chiefs want to pay him franchise tag money this year and next. The big advantage for the Chiefs to the franchise tag is the Chiefs have limited their cap exposure against a career-ending injury. Surely would be a disaster if they tied up $60 million in guaranteed money in Houston and then he had a career-ending injury in the first year of the new contract.

So I guess that what the argument is really all about is the Chiefs protecting themselves against the cap problems that a career-ending injury early in the contract would cause.

Maybe the NFL needs to create a way that if a player gets a career-ending injury all remaining guaranteed cap money in the contract gets converted into non-cap money. That would protect both the player and the team.