PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Gates Suspended

Chiefs4life24
07-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Gates and Richardson of the Jets suspended 4 games tested positive for performance inhancing drugs

Courtesy of Arrowhead Pride

San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates has been handed a 4-game suspension by the NFL after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.

Welp.

In what will very likely be Antonio Gates' final season with the San Diego Chargers, if not his last season in the NFL, the San Diego Chargers future Hall of Fame TE will miss a quarter of the team's games and get marked down as a user of Performance-Enhancing Substances.

Because this offseason couldn't get any worse for Chargers fans, right?

This is terrible news on every accord. It hurts the offense and the team greatly, and could very easily end up being the thing that eventually keeps them from making the playoffs. It also hurts Gates' legacy, and the legacy of the Chargers as a professional franchise.

This sucks. This hurts. This is awful. Even if it was the simple mistake Gates makes it out to be, and we can't say whether or not it is, this stains everything.

Welcome to the 2015 San Diego Chargers.

doobs_05
07-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Damn, was one of the few players i liked from the opposing teams of the AFC West

Seek
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Well any discussion of considering him a top talent TE like Shannon Sharpe or TG goes out the window as far as I am concnered. As much as I hate Sharpe, he was always in great shape and as far as I know never needed to cheat.