PDA

View Full Version : First cuts made

matthewschiefs
08-30-2015, 01:25 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Waive-11-Players-to-Prepare-for-75-Man-Limit/b457686d-124e-49ca-be76-6e5eea74abef

Not really any surprises

brdempsey69
08-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Javier Arenas was also cut by the Jets. This is the guy the Chiefs drafted at #50 in 2010 in exchange for the pick that was acquired for Tony G.

Nice freaking move Scott Pigoli.

The only saving grace is that Dorsey traded Arenas to AZ for FB Anthony Sherman.

Frankenchief
08-30-2015, 11:45 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Waive-11-Players-to-Prepare-for-75-Man-Limit/b457686d-124e-49ca-be76-6e5eea74abef

Not really any surprises
There is a minor surprise. NT Charles Tuaau was cut only a few days after being converted by KC coaches to OL. Why would day bother? They must have identified some OL potential in him. So why not keep and try to develop him? I guess they might sign him to the practice squad next week. That's the only reason I can think of for releasing him.

Chiefs4life24
09-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Bray and March to NFI list and THANK GOD THEY CUT HEMINGWAY

ctchiefsfan
09-01-2015, 05:41 PM
THANK GOD THEY CUT HEMINGWAY

Cutting Hemingway shows just how much our receiver corps has improved in the off-season.

Frankenchief
09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Playing Devil's advocate here But I would think at least one WR between Hammond and Williams is the next Hemingway. Hemingway looked somewhat promising at the stage of his career as these guys are now.

Chiefs4life24
09-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Williams and Hammond look different to me, I believe they will be different

Frankenchief
09-01-2015, 11:23 PM
I'm going by the law of averages on undrafted or low-drafted receivers.

jason1981
09-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Bray and March to NFI list and THANK GOD THEY CUT HEMINGWAY

Finally hemingway is gone. He was always a wasted roster spot. I doubt he even signs with another team.

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Playing Devil's advocate here But I would think at least one WR between Hammond and Williams is the next Hemingway. Hemingway looked somewhat promising at the stage of his career as these guys are now.

That may well be true. But Hemingway got a fair amount of playing time last year. Now he is gone. Shows that our receiver corps has improved substantially. Not the best in the league by any means, but a lot better than last year I suspect.

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 01:00 AM
Williams and Hammond look different to me, I believe they will be different

Given a year or two of development I think Williams can become a substantial receiver. Not so sure about Hammond.

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Javier Arenas was also cut by the Jets. This is the guy the Chiefs drafted at #50 in 2010 in exchange for the pick that was acquired for Tony G.

Nice freaking move Scott Pigoli.

The only saving grace is that Dorsey traded Arenas to AZ for FB Anthony Sherman.

Dorsey making lemonaid out of lemons.

matthewschiefs
09-02-2015, 01:45 AM

True

I know this. I've seen Hammond in real game action and well it hasn't been that good. Williams I am hopeful to see in game action. I want to no if he is for real or not. Time will tell. But he has been really good this preseason

milkman
09-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Given a year or two of development I think Williams can become a substantial receiver. Not so sure about Hammond.

I think Hammond's real value is on STs, especially as the backup to DAT on punt returns.
I never want see Conley return punts again.
He just doesn't have the twitch the position requires.

Chiefs4life24
09-02-2015, 08:39 AM
I think Hammond's real value is on STs, especially as the backup to DAT on punt returns.

I read where Reid said Conley's punts have been on purpose

milkman
09-02-2015, 08:47 AM
I read where Reid said Conley's punts have been on purpose

You are referring to the return out of the end zone.
I am talking about his talent, or lack thereof, for the job.

He has straight line speed, but doesn't the quicks, or the elusiveness, that good punt returners possess.

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM

That may well be so. I've only been speaking to Hammond's value as a receiver. I have not been much impressed with that so far.

Seek
09-02-2015, 01:07 PM
You are referring to the return out of the end zone.
I am talking about his talent, or lack thereof, for the job.

He has straight line speed, but doesn't the quicks, or the elusiveness, that good punt returners possess.

I agree with this. He would have to have a huge hole for him to get a good return. He is not very explosive for quick cut backs for when holes close or one opens up. His first catch in the pre-season looked like Dwayne Bowe was still on the team, but with a different number.

Seek
09-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Hammond has had a year, and many rookies are showing him up. NO brainer here.

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Hammond has had a year, and many rookies are showing him up. NO brainer here.

Pretty much my feeling. Perhaps there is a place for him on ST but I just don't see him being in the final 53 primarily as a receiver.

Chiefs4life24
09-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Hemingway put on season ending IR after clearing waivers today.

I HAVE NO WORDS

ctchiefsfan
09-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Reid must see something in him that I surely don't.

Eydugstr
09-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Hemingway's main strength was as a ST contributor. A few of his blocks made for decent highlight reels. Problem was last year we really need a WR to step up.