PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bray

Stevie Ray
09-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Chiefs give Bray a 2 year extension.

Bray is the most gifted QB in this organization and the only real hope we have for a long-term solution at the position, imo. They have to get him healthy and on the field as soon as possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/03/chiefs-keep-investing-in-backup-qbs-extend-tyler-bray/

Chiefs4life24
09-03-2015, 02:23 PM
I just worry about him taking shots since he is not very mobile, I do like we have two Contenders in Murray and Bray, Murray will surprise some people with how good he really is

ctchiefsfan
09-03-2015, 02:58 PM
I have high hopes for Bray. Have pretty much from the day we got him.

Stevie Ray
09-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I just worry about him taking shots since he is not very mobile

Believe it or not, it's the mobile QBs who typically take more shots. QBs with good pocket skills, anticipates, makes quick reads and decisions with the ball ..... don't take as many hits. Might sound a little counter-intuitive, but that's football.

Murray will surprise some people with how good he really is

I just don't see it - even in watching him play in college I never thought much of him as a pro QB prospect. If Bray has his head on straight, he has a much better shot than Murray, imo.

Stevie Ray
09-07-2015, 03:46 PM
I have high hopes for Bray. Have pretty much from the day we got him.

I felt at the time that he was the best QB prospect of his class - better than Manuel, Glennon, Barkley, Geno, the kid from Arkansas (name escapes me right now), etc.

I was dumbfounded when he wasn't even drafted, but was ecstatic to see the Chiefs pick him up as an UDFA. Arm talent like Bray's just doesn't go undrafted. He must've been a real knuckle-head coming out.

Chiefs4life24
09-07-2015, 04:02 PM
I felt at the time that he was the best QB prospect of his class - better than Manuel, Glennon, Barkley, Geno, the kid from Arkansas (name escapes me right now), etc.

I was dumbfounded when he wasn't even drafted, but was ecstatic to see the Chiefs pick him up as an UDFA. Arm talent like Bray's just doesn't go undrafted. He must've been a real knuckle-head coming out.

I believe Murray will be just as good as Bray, Watching Murray in the preseason my father-in-law and I were talking how quickly he goes threw his reads

ctchiefsfan
09-07-2015, 06:51 PM

MY GOD!!! Twice now that I don't disagree with you!

Wouldn't it be a damned HOOT if we picked up "the next Tom Brady" as a UDFA? And IMO Bray found exactly the right landing zone. Not many coaches would carry a QB prospect the way Reid has carried Bray. We have never had a coach who is as devoted to developing QB talent as Reid. As Demps has pointed out many times, our Chiefs have a MISERABLE track record at developing QBs. But at the same time Reid is happy to grab a QB off the open market to fill a short-term NEED. Which is what Smith was. You may not think keeping Smith for 5 or 6 years was "short term" but to old farts like me 5-6 years is the blink of an eye. Reid and Smith took a team that was in shambles and made us respectable again. 20-12 over 2 years. Compare that to the previous 10 years.

You and I don't actually disagree all that much about Smith as a QB. You're just impatient. I was too 40 years ago. But when Reid took over we NEEDED Alex Smith or someone like him. And Smith was the best that was available. And he has done and continues to do his job....bring some respectability back to our Chiefs. Meanwhile Reid and Dorsey build the rest of the team so that when Bray, Murray or whomever takes over as QB he will have a WORLD-BEATING TEAM around him.

Will it take another year or two for us to win a playoff game? Maybe. But in the end it is all about PROGRESS. This is the best Chiefs team us fans have had since the Vermeil days and perhaps a lot longer than that.

Stevie Ray
09-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't it be a damned HOOT if we picked up "the next Tom Brady" as a UDFA.

More like the next Tony Romo. They are similar types; they even wear the same number.

Bray is the epitome of "gunslinger" .... he's going to use the pocket, he's going to take chances, and he's going to throw the occassional "WTF" intercetptions. But he'll make plays -- i.e. he'll give his receivers chances to make plays and be impact players.

jason1981
09-08-2015, 01:37 AM
Omg. I actually agree with stevie ray. Hes. Ot all bad now. Your on my good side now.. lol

I can basically repeat everything bit whats the point. I was bummed when bray got hurt cuz i really thought he would unset chase daniels as the #2. You can definitely tell he has the most talented arm on the team. And i actually think bray could learn alot from alex smith and being his #2. Daniels and murray arms are weak and they have to anticipate and lob more passes which you can only get away with that for so long. And daniels only looked so good cuz it was against backups. Now if bray could just get healthy and learn from alex before alex time is up then we wont have to draft another qb when alex contract is up. Smith is a perty damn smart qb. He just doesnt take chances and he has to trust his wr. That being said im anxious to see what alex smith can do in this offense with actual wr and hopefully a good oline.

ctchiefsfan
09-08-2015, 06:21 AM
More like the next Tony Romo. They are similar types; they even wear the same number.

Bray is the epitome of "gunslinger" .... he's going to use the pocket, he's going to take chances, and he's going to throw the occassional "WTF" intercetptions. But he'll make plays -- i.e. he'll give his receivers chances to make plays and be impact players.

Y'know...I don't give a flying fig if Bray is the next Romo or the next Brady. If he turns into a GREAT home-grown QB for our Chiefs I'll be very damned happy.

Stevie Ray
09-09-2015, 01:25 AM
And i actually think bray could learn alot from alex smith

Yea, probably.

..... everything else besides pocket skills. Smith isn't hardly the right one to learn that from.

Leadership, image, media savvy, etc ....... now those are things that Bray could stand to learn from Smith.

Chiefs4life24
09-09-2015, 01:27 AM
also when to and not take risks haha

ctchiefsfan
09-09-2015, 03:24 AM
also when to and not take risks haha

Yup!!! Too much caution makes for a lousy QB. Too little caution is even worse. One of the hard things in training a QB for the NFL is striking a good balance between the two. That is one of the reasons I like Alex Smith. He has been borderline "too cautious" in his 2 years with the Chiefs but when you watch some of his games you see that he has (had?) that willingness to take some risks. He tends to be a bit timid, but with the right coach and the right receivers (and an O-line that gives him some time) he is (was?) willing to take gambles and lay it all on the line and risk the EPIC FAIL. I dunno if Alex still has that, but I do know that during that damned game against the Colts when his offensive weapons were being carted off the field one after another he showed he still had what it takes. Alex didn't fail in that game. He performed magnificently. Our Defense failed and Andy Reid failed to realize that the game was slipping away. I LOVE Reid but in that game he just didn't realize that he no longer had the weapons to run out the clock. JC was down. Knile Davis was down and the Colts were scoring almost at will. Reid should have told Alex to turn loose his inner beast again. Sadly, Reid figured he could hold on long enough to win. He judged incorrectly.

jason1981
09-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Yeah it would be nice to see that alex smith we had in the colts playoff game every game. He was a star that game. Its like he flips a switch when its playoff time. Opposite of manning who flips his switch off when playoffs come. But who also showed uo in thwt game who jever showed up at all last year? Bowe or any wr for that matter. Im really excited to see what smith can do this year with maclin.

ctchiefsfan
09-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah it would be nice to see that alex smith we had in the colts playoff game every game. He was a star that game. Its like he flips a switch when its playoff time. Opposite of manning who flips his switch off when playoffs come. But who also showed uo in thwt game who jever showed up at all last year? Bowe or any wr for that matter. Im really excited to see what smith can do this year with maclin.

When you look at Alex Smith you see that most of his best games have come in the playoffs. A good thing to have on a team that has been living with "the curse" for over 20 years. It's a chicken and egg sort of deal...which came first? Does Alex get better and the receivers respond by getting better or do the receivers get better and carry Smith along with them? I dunno. But I do know that once is a "fluke", twice is a pattern and 3 times is a habit.