PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Cincy

matthewschiefs
09-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Must win if the Chiefs want any shot to make some noise this year.

Bengals will have a HUGE weapon in AJ Green. The guy just makes plays. Dalton is not as good as Rodgers (thank god) but can still get the job done. Aj Green is going to be a huge factor one way or anther. The d stops him the Chiefs have a good shot to take this one. If he's running wild like any of the Packers WRs were then well say hello to a 1-3 record and say goodbye to the playoffs.

That's not to say that Green alone is the only thing that can hurt us. The Bengals are currently in the top 10 in both the pass and rushing offense. So they have more threats. But if you can limit Green then you at least give yourself a chance

There running d is good they are currently a top 5 run d. But there passing Defense is in the lower half of the league at 20th.

doobs_05
09-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Hopefully Sean or Peters can cover AJ.

I can see the running game of Cincy not being an issue.

If they stack the box on us and Rush more than 5, we're ****ed.

Pressure Dalton, play mistake free football on offense they could win....... But if I had to bet money, I think Cincy wins

kcvet
09-29-2015, 07:34 PM
we lose this one and that pretty much raps it up for this year

Chiefs4life24
09-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Iam so sorry guys my prediction for the first 4 games was way wrong, clearly I shouldn't pick who wins cause it jinxes things

brdempsey69
09-29-2015, 08:30 PM
A matchup I don't like already:

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert versus Chiefs Safety Eric Berry.

Sorry, but that don't look good to me.

slc chief
09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Bengals are playing good ball right now. But hopefully this last loss was a huge eye opener for the players and coaches and they come out fired up.

slc chief
09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
I would like to see Abdullah get more playing time

JPPT1974
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Bengals are 3-0 and that they seem to be unstoppable. Chiefs need to really take on another 3-0 team like the Packers.

Chiefs4life24
09-29-2015, 09:49 PM
My father in law wishes we have Mathew Stafford

Almighty chief
09-29-2015, 09:57 PM
we were supposed to win Denver and lose to green bay.. i counted gb as a loss. idk about this game our run d looked like spit.. the whole defense did.. offense were used to them sucking.

Bike
09-29-2015, 10:00 PM
I'd take him over what we have now.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2015, 02:09 AM
With all due respect guys I'm seeing more negativity here going into week 4 than I did going into week 4 of 2012. And THAT SUCKS!

Yes...we are all frustrated, PO'd and generally unhappy with our Chiefs performance this year. But we all woke up this morning and none of us were dead. So it wasn't a terrible day.

We beat Houston. We had the donks beat but then we gave it away. And Green Bay just plain beat us. Should have been 2-1.

Now we face a damned tough Bungals squad. 1-3 is possible. Losing feeds on losing. Winning feeds on winning. Just like 2013 and before it 2012. I'm sure we all remember BOTH those years. We just need to break the damned losing streak, get a win and "get our mojo back".

As I say every year, we just need to get into the playoffs because then it's a whole new season. And YES...we can get into the playoffs if we start out 1-3. Tough with the schedule we have but going 9-3 after the Bungals game is very possible. And that would put us at 10-6 and most likely in the playoffs.

As Chiefs fans we all need to take a deep breath, realize that the season isn't over because of a 1-2 or even a 1-3 start and do whatever we each do to calm down when we're REALLY pished-off.....Drink a couple of cold beers...throw down a few shots of Whiskey....smoke a fattie...whatever your personal way of calming down is. But lets stop talking about firing coaches, getting rid of players and all that kind of stuff. That kind of talk does absolutely NO GOOD this early in the season.

jason1981
09-30-2015, 10:26 AM
With all due respect guys I'm seeing more negativity here going into week 4 than I did going into week 4 of 2012. And THAT SUCKS!

Yes...we are all frustrated, PO'd and generally unhappy with our Chiefs performance this year. But we all woke up this morning and none of us were dead. So it wasn't a terrible day.

We beat Houston. We had the donks beat but then we gave it away. And Green Bay just plain beat us. Should have been 2-1.

Now we face a damned tough Bungals squad. 1-3 is possible. Losing feeds on losing. Winning feeds on winning. Just like 2013 and before it 2012. I'm sure we all remember BOTH those years. We just need to break the damned losing streak, get a win and "get our mojo back".

As I say every year, we just need to get into the playoffs because then it's a whole new season. And YES...we can get into the playoffs if we start out 1-3. Tough with the schedule we have but going 9-3 after the Bungals game is very possible. And that would put us at 10-6 and most likely in the playoffs.

As Chiefs fans we all need to take a deep breath, realize that the season isn't over because of a 1-2 or even a 1-3 start and do whatever we each do to calm down when we're REALLY pished-off.....Drink a couple of cold beers...throw down a few shots of Whiskey....smoke a fattie...whatever your personal way of calming down is. But lets stop talking about firing coaches, getting rid of players and all that kind of stuff. That kind of talk does absolutely NO GOOD this early in the season.

Until we stop seei g the same mistakes over and over then theres nothing to be positive about. All i want to see is progression but all i see is regression. Reid needs to learn from his mistakes and turn his olay calling over. If you cant expect your head coach to learn feom his mistakes how can he preach to his players to kearn from their mistakes? We have a good team. Its up to the coaches to use them right and put them in the right spot and time and time again reid has failed with the same mistakes over and over. The window is going to close sooner with charles and dj then we think.

doobs_05
09-30-2015, 12:07 PM

When you grow up and see this team fail time and time again, you expect the worse. Yeah it's only week 4 but this is KC football. Even if they get a win streak going people are still going to think in the back of their minds "when are they going to **** this up"

It would be different if kc had a few playoff wins, a SB trip, maybe a confrence title game trip in the past 22 years but they don't.

ctchiefsfan
09-30-2015, 12:23 PM
When you grow up and see this team fail time and time again, you expect the worse. Yeah it's only week 4 but this is KC football. Even if they get a win streak going people are still going to think in the back of their minds "when are they going to **** this up"

It would be different if kc had a few playoff wins, a SB trip, maybe a confrence title game trip in the past 22 years but they don't.

I know what you mean. I've been a Chiefs fan since the late 60s.

rodu
09-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Dalton is going to throw at whomever isn't Peters or Smith at corner all day

rodu
09-30-2015, 01:35 PM

With our O-line? I think the thought of that just made the poor fellow ache

Chiefs4life24
09-30-2015, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=rodu;315801]With our O-line? I think the thought of that just made the poor fellow ache[/Q

His thinking was if we could fix our line he would be our franchise QB for the next 10 years or so at least. It would be awesome for sure but probably Detroit would never allow him to even hit free agency

Chiefs4life24
09-30-2015, 03:33 PM
the Bengals average 7.25 yards per play on first down so that gonna be fun

Pro_Angler
09-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Cinci...35-17

Pro_Angler
09-30-2015, 03:34 PM
iam so sorry guys my prediction for the first 4 games was way wrong, clearly i shouldn't pick who wins cause it jinxes things
its not you bud, its the crappy coaching, corners and owner

Seek
10-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Hopefully Sean or Peters can cover AJ.

This all depends on Sutton actually adjusting his defense to let one of our two better receivers to cover AJ Green instead of keeping them at their spot on the field. He have been up a creek when teams start adjusting their Receivers to match up against our NB. If Green is the primary concern we need to make sure when he moved on the field. the same defende stays with him. We can't let him match up against a Flemming or Cooper.

Bike
10-01-2015, 06:59 PM
And, on offense - enough with the scripted plays. Defenses will adjust. Alex has been in the league 10 years. He can read defenses by now. Andy needs to give him the keys and tell him to have some fun.

brdempsey69
10-01-2015, 07:02 PM
I don't care so much if they win or not this Sunday, because I don't expect them to win, but PLEASE get the Offense untracked and move the ball and put a respectable amount of points on the scoreboard and make a game of it.

Seek
10-02-2015, 08:30 AM
And, on offense - enough with the scripted plays. Defenses will adjust. Alex has been in the league 10 years. He can read defenses by now. Andy needs to give him the keys and tell him to have some fun.

Scripted plays are fine for the first series. They just need to open a different chapter in the play book. Something the Bungals won't be expecting.

jason1981
10-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I think our offense is to predictable. We need more variety and less lateral throws.

ctchiefsfan
10-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I think our offense is to predictable. We need more variety and less lateral throws.

No doubt at all about that.

kcvet
10-02-2015, 07:49 PM
I can't believe we're trailing the Faiders

matthewschiefs
10-02-2015, 08:56 PM

THIS

if you look at our offense on 1st down it's either a RB draw or a screen both get stuffed pretty often. That puts the offense in a whole and is a big part of why the offense has had its struggles. This has to change if the offense is going to have any luck going forward.

kcvet
10-02-2015, 09:28 PM
if we have an OC why is Reid making all the calls. all bad calls ??

brdempsey69
10-02-2015, 09:32 PM
if we have an OC why is Reid making all the calls. all bad calls ??

I cannot figure this one out to save my skin. If I look at the game down in Miami last year, what I see is a complete mirror opposite of what we've seen these last two games. It is completely bewildering.

Chiefster
10-02-2015, 09:40 PM
I don't have that warm, fuzzy feeling about this one. A loss here doesn't disqualify us from the playoffs anymore than a win guarantees us a playoff spot, however, based on our performances over the last two weeks I have huge doubts about the post season.

kcvet
10-02-2015, 09:42 PM
I cannot figure this one out to save my skin. If I look at the game down in Miami last year, what I see is a complete mirror opposite of what we've seen these last two games. It is completely bewildering.

well I think this last loss hit him right between the eyes. he knows its as much his fault as anyone. never seen him so ticked off and angry. and embarrassed. could be a turning point. let the OC do it or get rid of him IMO

kcvet
10-02-2015, 09:46 PM
I don't have that warm, fuzzy feeling about this one. A loss here doesn't disqualify us from the playoffs anymore than a win guarantees us a playoff spot, however, based on our performances over the last two weeks I have huge doubts about the post season.

nor do I Chiefster but if we lose this one we may wind up playing the string out for the year. gonna be tuff to play catch up.

brdempsey69
10-02-2015, 09:49 PM

Neither do I, because I don't believe the KC Defense can stop the Bengals Offense. But, I at least want the KC Offense to get untracked and make a good showing.

Chiefster
10-02-2015, 11:13 PM
nor do I Chiefster but if we lose this one we may wind up playing the string out for the year. gonna be tuff to play catch up.

This...

Neither do I, because I don't believe the KC Defense can stop the Bengals Offense. But, I at least want the KC Offense to get untracked and make a good showing.

...and this.

Any and all expectations, at least for me, went out the window especially after Monday night, and so I'd consider it a pleasant surprise to see the offense begin to perform efficiently and get into some semblance of a consistent rhythm, and should we happen to eek out a few wins then that would just be icing on the cake.