PDA

View Full Version : Dad in the hospital

luv
10-27-2007, 07:47 PM
He had some dizzy spells at work this morning. He decided he wanted to go to the ER, but that he couldn't see to drive himself. The paramedics said his blood pressure was really high, which is what was causing him to be so dizzy. Besides the blood presure, the tests that he's had done have all come out fine. THe doctor suggested that he stay so they could do a few more tests just to be 100%. He's recently had to change his diet ue to high cholesterol, so they wanted to run a stress test to check for any blockage. They thought they would be able to get it done today, but they weren't able to. They don't do them on Sundays, so now he's stuck there until at least Monday.

hermhater
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
It sounds like he is gonna be ok, sorry about the trip to the hospital!

Good luck!

Chiefster
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear it luv; prayers and good thoughts out to papasmurf!

tornadospotter
10-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Give a get well and take care from us in Nebraska to your dad. We will put you on the family prayers.

Coach
10-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

luv
10-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I'll let you all know more when I do. Right now, he's just lying in a hospital bed so bored that he's sleeping. Just waiting for Monday to come.

hermhater
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I'll let you all know more when I do. Right now, he's just lying in a hospital bed so bored that he's sleeping. Just waiting for Monday to come.

Can he have a laptop or something?

Does he get to watch football tomorrow?

luv
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Can he have a laptop or something?

Does he get to watch football tomorrow?
I told him to ask, and that I would bring him my laptop. He wasn't going to worry about it. A friend of his is going to visit him tomorrow. They're hoping to watch football. Don't know how th guy in the other bed will feel.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I told him to ask, and that I would bring him my laptop. He wasn't going to worry about it. A friend of his is going to visit him tomorrow. They're hoping to watch football. Don't know how th guy in the other bed will feel.

Some hospitals won't let patients watch things that will get their heart rate elevated.

Good luck Monday!

Hope he gets to come home then!

chief31
10-28-2007, 05:57 PM
He had some dizzy spells at work this morning. He decided he wanted to go to the ER, but that he couldn't see to drive himself. The paramedics said his blood pressure was really high, which is what was causing him to be so dizzy. Besides the blood presure, the tests that he's had done have all come out fine. THe doctor suggested that he stay so they could do a few more tests just to be 100%. He's recently had to change his diet ue to high cholesterol, so they wanted to run a stress test to check for any blockage. They thought they would be able to get it done today, but they weren't able to. They don't do them on Sundays, so now he's stuck there until at least Monday.

Tell papasmurf that we wish him the best of luck. :D

sling58
10-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Get well soon Papasmurf.

Canada
10-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Hope he is doing well and everything is OK!!

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Any word Luv? Hope Papasmurf is okay...

luv
10-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Dad is fine. Passed his stress test. They changed his high blood pressure meds, added a med for his high cholesterol, and put him on an aspirin regimen.

I would have posted sooner, but I had to go straigh to work from picking him up today.

chief31
10-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Hooray! Glad to hear that all is improved.

Chiefster
10-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Hooray! Glad to hear that all is improved.

Ditto that! :yahoo:

rbedgood
10-30-2007, 03:14 AM
That's just smurfy news...

YouTube - The Smurfs Intro

McLovin
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I dont know that I am going to be on the boards much in the next couple weeks, I need to find my priorities.
I found out last night that my best friend, (didn't see him much but wish I would have spent more time with him) died almost a month ago.

It wasn't in the paper and didn't hear about it till I was looking at the funeral home site because of another person I knew that was killed in a car wreck. Stumbled on his obit on the funeral home.

I have been getting further and further depressed lately with not a lot of work coming in and other situations. And then find out about this.

I value you all and find you as friends but just feel I need to spend more of my time away from cyberspace.

I will still be in on Sundays some and post a couple times through the week, I just feel it is best that maybe I spend some more time with those close to me and a little less time online.

I hope you all understand.

Glad all is well with your dad Luv.

chief31
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I dont know that I am going to be on the boards much in the next couple weeks, I need to find my priorities.
I found out last night that my best friend, (didn't see him much but wish I would have spent more time with him) died almost a month ago.

It wasn't in the paper and didn't hear about it till I was looking at the funeral home site because of another person I knew that was killed in a car wreck. Stumbled on his obit on the funeral home.

I have been getting further and further depressed lately with not a lot of work coming in and other situations. And then find out about this.

I value you all and find you as friends but just feel I need to spend more of my time away from cyberspace.

I will still be in on Sundays some and post a couple times through the week, I just feel it is best that maybe I spend some more time with those close to me and a little less time online.

well, good luck with everything, Bryon. I hope things improve for you.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Dad is fine. Passed his stress test. They changed his high blood pressure meds, added a med for his high cholesterol, and put him on an aspirin regimen.

I would have posted sooner, but I had to go straigh to work from picking him up today.

Great news girl!

Glad to hear he hsi doing OK!

hermhater
10-30-2007, 02:42 PM

I feel for you man.

Take care of priorities. Hope things get better real soon for you!