PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts about Chiefs/Bears game.

Frankenchief
10-11-2015, 06:29 PM
1- Breaking news. KC Chiefs no longer have any heart. Once upon a time they seemed to have a bit of it but whatever they had they left on the field after the Denver game. We freaking blew a (accidental) comfortable lead in our own house and lost to a bad team who were missing half of their name players, starting a rookie center in his first game, and with an immobile QB who tore his hammy 3 weeks ago! RELLY?!!!....

No leaders on this team. No Qbs that can carry them on their shoulders. No coaches capable of rebuilding their self esteem. When the offence - now more as a routine - starts every game with a couple of 3 and outs you know they have no heart.

2- I never wanted to say this, but Andy reid took us out of the hopeless abyss that was the Pioli/Crennel era. But this may be as much as he is good for. Dare I say a has been? Now I am also dreaming about a more dynamic coach. Andy gets conservative when he needs to open up, and rolles the dice when he needs to play it safe. How many times do we get to first and goal and come away empty or with only 3 points? That's coaching and playcalling, ... and yes ...NO HEART. You mean to tell me we cannot run our 'mobile' QB around the edge for a bootleg!? Freaking immobile Joe Flacco did it to perfection in their game today!

3- Closely related to 1 and 2 but deserving it's own special mention: This team has no killer instinct and has not had it since the the Dick Vermeil days. WE NEVER PUT TEAMS AWAY WHEN WE HAVE THEM ON THE ROPES!!!! I mean we have the ball with 1.5 minutes left in the half and good field position and a 17-3 lead. We then clearly drive for a field goal rather that a TD. The whole posture of the drive and how they let time tick away defined displayed this. Lack of a killer instinct is a reflection on the coach for sure but also a reflection on the whole organization who avoids coaches with killer instinct like a plague. Maybe Clark thinks midwesterners are easy going and like a docile easy going coach. I'm beginning to miss Todd Haley and wonder if his on the job training had not panned out by now. That's how desperate and frustrated I am.

4- Speaking of our "comfortable lead" don't fool yourselves. We got it only because the Bears kept shooting themselves in the foot. We would have been blown out early against a viable NFL team today.

5- Alex Smith now folds like an accordion at the slightest sight of pressure and it's not all the Oline's doing either. Shades of Matt Cassel. I think his confidence is shot. He was throwing high even in his checkdowns to open receivers. That's an ominous sign for what I just said.

6- We just cannot stop a no huddle offense if our lives depended on it. Strictly on Sutton.

7- Speaking of the no huddle, why is it that WE don't have it in our playbook?

8- What is it with the Chiefs and devastating NON-CONTACT injuries to our stars. Last year tDJ, and this year Jamaal! I don't think DJ has (or will) made it back totally and I have doubts that Jamaal will ever make it too. Jamal's career looks to be going the way of Priest Holmes' after his injury when the dirty Donks horse collared him.

9- I am sick and tired of seeing deserving players like Tony Gonzalez, Priest holmes, Will Shields, Tamba hali, and Jamaal charles never taste a Super Bowl victory in the Chiefs uniform. Aren't you?

10- Dare I say this? The season is done. Put a fork in it. And yes I will say this with no shame. Time to tank the rest of the way. There ain't a Marcus Mariota in the next draft, but if we somehow get the top pick there will be suitors for our pick because of Fornette (Sp). So (it pains me to say it) let's sink the ship folks. it's taking water faster than we can pump it out.

Frankenchief
10-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Expanding on #10:

While tanking give MAJOR playing time to young players like Dee Ford, Fisher (at LT), Chris Conely, and Aaron Murray. Is there a way to recall Tyler Bray from IR? If there is DI IT!!! We need to make some lemonade out of this rotting lemon.

Frankenchief
10-11-2015, 09:26 PM
No replies means you are all sick to your stomach as I am. :(

Coach
10-11-2015, 11:01 PM
It's not just this team. This franchise doesn't know how to win. Decades of losing the big games. Everyone knew the outcome of this game with 5 minutes left. We've sen the Chiefs let teams march down the field for the winning touchdown so many times through the years. Oh, and our vaunted pass rush. That is a complete joke. We faced one of the worst lines in football today. Did Houston or Hali ever touch Cutler's jersey? Sorry Bob Sutton, I'm officially done with you. His defense has yielded more game winning drives and than any DC I can remember for the Chiefs. Maybe he isn't the problem. Maybe all of our defensive players just suck. Not sure, but I knew when we punted the ball back to them with 2 minutes left, it was time to shut off the TV. Seen it so many times. Different jerseys, maybe a few different players, but always the same. The Chiefs collapse when it matters.

Kcman
10-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Very true all kc fans seen it to many times... And jc hurt again new that was comeing put DT back there he a RB not WR !!!!! This coaching staff blows my mind!!! This must not seen DT run the ball in Oregon!! He same size jc let him run the ball!!!!!! Truly he the next thing to jc that we have and we got him playing wr... What a waste!!!!!! I want what this coaching staff smokeing!!!!

brdempsey69
10-11-2015, 11:18 PM
You pretty much summed it up, Frankenchief. Sad thing is, they go up to Minnesota next week and it looks like they are going to suffer another beatdown.

You mentioned NO HEART. That heart got ripped out in week 2 and their guts with it.

Frankenchief
10-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Very true all kc fans seen it to many times... And jc hurt again new that was comeing put DT back there he a RB not WR !!!!! This coaching staff blows my mind!!! This must not seen DT run the ball in Oregon!! He same size jc let him run the ball!!!!!! Truly he the next thing to jc that we have and we got him playing wr... What a waste!!!!!! I want what this coaching staff smokeing!!!!
I am interested in your opinion, dude. I really am. If you write it in English.

Frankenchief
10-11-2015, 11:52 PM
You mentioned NO HEART. That heart got ripped out in week 2 and their guts with it.
I really think all the players went into that game thinking they were going to make it a STATEMENT game and batter the Donks. When they lost it the way they did they kind of gave up on the season. They clearly have played the last three games with an "Oh, what's the use" attitude. Really sad.

matthewschiefs
10-11-2015, 11:53 PM
After a few hours to soak in this one here's my thoughts

Andy Reid- It's just freaking amazing how anytime this team gets up a couple of scores the guy goes from pass happy to Herm Edawards. Get a lead and it's run run pass punt. And the other team picks up on this. It's as noted he takes his foot off the gas. The Killer instinct. Just can't put a team away. Once you take your foot off the gas there is no going back. The Chiefs have suffered from this a number of times but it hasn't changed.

Alex Smith- Smith was off today. Even when he had time. I noted that he missed a number of throws with overthrowing a guy. One of those in the redzone. he overthrew a wide open Charles. (though the Chiefs did score the next play on the DAT td) The O line was better today then it has been throughout the year. Room for improvement sure. Alex as noted has let it get in his head. He just assumes now that the pressure will be there. One can understand how that can happen with the level of play our line has played at this year but a starting NFL QB can not let that get in his head. Alex has.

Jamal Charles- going to miss him for sure. He is the best player on this team. It's sad that he has now had 2 of these injuries. Just think of the numbers that he has already put up and think how much better they could be if he wouldn't miss most of 2 NFL seasons.

Jeremy Maclin- Maclin has been the best addition of the offseason so far on the offense. The improvement that he has been over Bowe (who was inactive again for the Browns) is undeniable. But DAMN this COULD have been a different result if he had made that one last catch. That's one that I'm sure he's going to be down about.

Kendrick West- Guy showed some promise today. He can be a factor in the offense and well now is going to have to be.

Defense- Is there some rule that I don't know about that says a Kansas City Chiefs defense can't make a key stop in the last 2 minutes of a game? Ever since I can remember they have caved time and time again. This goes way back. Overall they were good enough to win the game today. But man guys just once DON'T FREAKING CAVE

Marcus Peters Eric Berry and Ron Parker- Those 3 stood out to me on D today. They all made a number of plays. Though it wasn't enough to win the game there effort on the field showed. Unlike some guys out there who suddenly couldn't get a sack if there life depended on it.

In the screw you department YA SCREW YOU FOX. This is just one of those things that fate deemed up I guess. But just 3 plays before Charles went down Fox mentioned what would happen if Charles went down. It was like they were warning us or something.

brdempsey69
10-12-2015, 12:48 AM
^^ Alex is broken, just like Cassel got broken 3 years ago. The hope for the future to me has got to be Murray. If they can't make a quality QB out of him, then one would have to think it's not going happen with a QB drafted in round 1, either.

SEC's all-time leading passer & if not for that injury, Murray gets drafted much higher than round 5.

Look at Andy Dalton in Cincy. He's barely an inch taller than Murray, maybe 5 pounds heavier soaking wet, and Dalton doesn't have the greatest of arm strength or THAT much better arm strength than Murray. Yet, the Bengals have stayed the course with him since drafting him in 2011 and built around him & it's paid dividends with Dalton off to a banner year thus far.

kcloyalty
10-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Who replaces 25? Don't tell me Chakandrick West? I have been saying since last year Nile Davis is the best backup RB in NFL. Sure, he's had his growing pains (fumbles) and so has 25. Nile is a power runner with speed. Shades of Priest. We all know that he's better than West so why has he fallen on the depth chart? Is it Andy Reid's love affair with the scat back RB types like 25 was. Don't kid yourself Andy....34 gives us best chance in the backfield. So it's time to start a power running game and punch defenses in the mouth! It wears them down and creates a passing game! Football 101 Andy!!!! Quit trying to be cute and all the bs pick plays and put in 34 and run some old fashioned off tackle! What's the rest of Chiefs nation think?

brdempsey69
10-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Who replaces 25? Don't tell me Chakandrick West? I have been saying since last year Nile Davis is the best backup RB in NFL. Sure, he's had his growing pains (fumbles) and so has 25. Nile is a power runner with speed. Shades of Priest. We all know that he's better than West so why has he fallen on the depth chart? Is it Andy Reid's love affair with the scat back RB types like 25 was. Don't kid yourself Andy....34 gives us best chance in the backfield. So it's time to start a power running game and punch defenses in the mouth! It wears them down and creates a passing game! Football 101 Andy!!!! Quit trying to be cute and all the bs pick plays and put in 34 and run some old fashioned off tackle! What's the rest of Chiefs nation think?

Davis is said to have been nursing a bad ankle, so they've let him try to get 100%. But he did a great job filling in for JC in that game down in Miami last year and toted the rock 32 times. So yes, they need to get him back on the field.

Frankenchief
10-12-2015, 01:23 AM
Who replaces 25? Don't tell me Chakandrick West? I have been saying since last year Nile Davis is the best backup RB in NFL.
Nile Davis may be the best back up RB. But the jury is out on Knile Davis.

Nile is a power runner with speed. Shades of Priest. Actually Priest wasn't considered very fast and was too small to be a power runner. He was just a great athlete with great work habit and incredible recognition of his blockers. Maybe Larry Johnson is a better comparison.

2010chiefs
10-12-2015, 01:42 AM
Rooting for my beloved Chiefs has been demoralizing. If we're not getting blown out we're giving up big leads. Bench Alex Smith. Even a pass happy coach like Andy Reid isn't calling his usual pass happy plays because Alex Smith can't deliver. If the receiver isn't wide open he doesn't throw or over throws. Nothing to look forward to the rest of the season unless we replace the QB.

kcloyalty
10-12-2015, 02:57 AM
That's fair...I wasn't at ALL comparing him to Priest. I think he can do the job. But I was getting at that there maybe something deeper. Is the coaching staff upset with his practice performance or something, etc.? His ankle is probably still sore that's the explanation...but whatever it may be...time for 34 to step up and run the rock!

brdempsey69
10-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Chiefs fans around the web are starting to echo the sentiments of Eagles fans that are seen in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=112&v=I-bsHJt1-_M

LWD Chief from LA
10-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Tired of seeing the Chiefs lose. No one to blame but the whole team as a unit. Starting from the owner down to the ball boys. I don't think I will ever get to see them succeed in my life time. Been a fan since 89 and I'm from LA (Became a fan via Tecmo Super Bowl) "I don't want no mediocre" anymore. After this long of rooting non stop as a die hard Chiefs fan (win or lose) YEAR AFTER YEAR, I'm sick of losing.

LWD Chief from LA
10-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Same ****, different year!

Seek
10-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Well All game long you heard the announcer saying, that Sutton is briging the pressure up the middle leaving his guys alone on the outside. They kept saying he has trust in his corners that they will make the plays. And the did once every 2 out of 3 plays. But the 3rd was the killer. All Freaking game long. There was actually some safety help this week though.

Offensive line is horrific and I can't tell you how many times the Deffensive line missed Cutler in those last two drives. Just hitting him once would have ended that game.

Just embarrasing.

Frankenchief
10-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Trouble is we are not a viable team unless we absolutely trounce bad teams who are missing half of their starters. I would not have been really happy if we did hang on to eek out a win. Good teams see this opponent bleeding and weak and put them out of their misery in the first quarter. Like I said, NO KILLER INSTINCT.

I wonder if Andy has lost the locker room. If I'm a Chiefs player, I am very frustrated with his sideline decisions and pretty soon lose my heart. I still think we have some good players. Maybe they just don't believe in Andy anymore.

Seek
10-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Trouble is we are not a viable team unless we absolutely trounce bad teams who are missing half of their starters. I would not have been really happy if we did hang on to eek out a win. Good teams see this opponent bleeding and weak and put them out of their misery in the first quarter. Like I said, NO KILLER INSTINCT.

I wonder if Andy has lost the locker room. If I'm a Chiefs player, I am very frustrated with his sideline decisions and pretty soon lose my heart. I still think we have some good players. Maybe they just don't believe in Andy anymore.

I am betting he has. If not they are way to comfortable.