PDA

View Full Version : If Andy Reid suddenly "retires" ;) (thinking outside the box)

Frankenchief
10-13-2015, 11:35 AM
I have to admit, Maybe the devil makes me do it, but I'm thinking more and more about Todd haley!!!!

My reasons?

- Loved his Chukie-like bravado. I'm wondering if our players need that type of a personality to coach them. Haley can claim at least some of the credit for making underachieving talent like DJ and Bowe reach their potential.

- We already gave him an on the job training on our time. So the second time around, he's bound to have a better handle on the job. I think he will be a new and improved kind of Todd Haley.

- Pioli was a certified egotistical *******. Not the type of GM a strong headed head coach can co-exist with. Dorsey would be just the type of down to earth GM to have good chemistry with Haley.

OK, I'm hiding behind my desk, so throw'em.

Bike
10-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Nah. I don't trust NFL coaches that wear turtlenecks and loafers lol...

Frankenchief
10-13-2015, 11:49 AM
How about heavy set coaches with big guts and mustache?

N TX Dave
10-13-2015, 01:12 PM
NO! Once was enough no need to try that experiment again.

Coach
10-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Seriously? Haley? Please put down the drugs and call for help.

jason1981
10-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I dont think haley was that bad of coach. I think it was more on pioli and their relationship that hurt the team. But that being said big ben prolly makes him look better than he is but then again you can say that about all the great gbs.

Frankenchief
10-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Seriously? Haley? Please put down the drugs and call for help.
Just serious enough to post a thread about the idea. But I'm still hiding behind my desk. ;)

Frankenchief
10-13-2015, 03:00 PM
.... big ben prolly makes him look better than he is but then again you can say that about all the great gbs.I want to see Belichick, post Brady.

ctchiefsfan
10-13-2015, 03:05 PM
IF Reid retired of "otherwise left" the Chiefs I would want Dorsey to select the next Head Coach or at least have a lot of input in the decision.

Frankenchief
10-13-2015, 03:30 PM
IF Reid retired of "otherwise left" the Chiefs I would want Dorsey to select the next Head Coach or at least have a lot of input in the decision.
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT.

I wonder who in the Packers staff is a good HC material that Dorsey might have inside information about. Even maybe in our own staff.

matthewschiefs
10-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Haley could end up being a good HC someday if he learned from his 1st HC job.

But the way it ended in KC there is NO going back to him

ctchiefsfan
10-13-2015, 03:54 PM
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT.

I wonder who in the Packers staff is a good HC material that Dorsey might have inside information about. Even maybe in our own staff.

Agreed. But I don't want to see Reid gone at the end of the season. Mistakes? He's made plenty. But that donkey loss, plus losing JC, plus the way we lost to the Bears is more than any coach can overcome in a season. And I can't blame any of those 3 events on Reid.

jason1981
10-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Agreed. But I don't want to see Reid gone at the end of the season. Mistakes? He's made plenty. But that donkey loss, plus losing JC, plus the way we lost to the Bears is more than any coach can overcome in a season. And I can't blame any of those 3 events on Reid.

I can with his bad play calling.

Coach
10-13-2015, 06:26 PM
he should give up his play calling responsibilities for a few weeks to see if it helps this team.

slc chief
10-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Nope of reid retires get Josh mcdaniel on the next plane to kc immediately

Bike
10-13-2015, 07:09 PM
No more Bilecheck disciples please. I can't think of a single one that has worked out as a head coach anywhere, including McDaniels. Look no further than the 1-4 Texans.

Bike
10-13-2015, 07:20 PM
he should give up his play calling responsibilities for a few weeks to see if it helps this team.
Absolutely. We, as fans, can certainly see that. What's scary is Reid can't see it. Or, if he can, why doesn't he make the change for the betterment of the team - without somebody forcing his hand.

NickheadKCAU
10-13-2015, 07:25 PM
my thoughts too

ctchiefsfan
10-13-2015, 08:05 PM

Partially responsible? SURE. But there is a boatload of blame to be passed around and Reid's playcalling isn't all of it or even 50%.

Eydugstr
10-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Far as I'm concerned...What came from from Foxboro should stay in Foxboro.

Frankenchief
10-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Nope of reid retires get Josh mcdaniel on the next plane to kc immediatelyI wouldn't bring that bratty jerk within 10 miles of Arrowhead. the only thing that was good about him is he took the Donks to the brink of long term ruination. Too bad he didn't stay longer. Suffice it to say he really really wanted Matt Cassel for the Donks and would have gotten him too had moron Pioli not beat him to the punch. If my choice was down to picking Haley or McBrat I would pick Haley 11 times out of 10.

No more Bilecheck disciples please. I can't think of a single one that has worked out as a head coach anywhere, including McDaniels. Look no further than the 1-4 Texans.
This.

Seek
10-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Other than Haley's attitude I don't think he was the problem and events after that are proving it. Still, I hate the fact that Haley clearly had issues working with Pioli and appears to have intentionally thrown a season by playing, just to despite Pioli as a way fired to collect the remainder of his contract as his way out instead of working out his contract. The way he pretty much refused to use Kyle Orton in favor of Tyler Palko was a stiff middle finger to Pioli.

That was also my last year a season ticket holder and frankly have not missed it much. The money has been better spent with my boys.

Kcman
10-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Lmfao ....people that think like you have been making choices for kc for to long!! They need fire dorsey the guy blows... hunt needs man up and do some homework !!! Stop lessoning to everyone else!!! Jon gurden <~~~ the guy nows how to win

Chiefs4life24
10-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Lmfao ....people that think like you have been making choices for kc for to long!! They need fire dorsey the guy blows... hunt needs man up and do some homework !!! Stop lessoning to everyone else!!! Jon gurden <~~~ the guy nows how to win

Dorsey isn't going anywhere, oh I guess you would Like Peterson back huh?

ctchiefsfan
10-14-2015, 07:46 PM

It's not time to be firing either Dorsey or Reid. They have done too much good to get fired for one very messed up season. Both of them deserve AT LEAST one more year. And Dorsey should feel more secure about his job than Reid.

Dorsey isn't going anywhere, oh I guess you would Like Peterson back huh?

I sure as hell hope you are right.

Bike
10-14-2015, 08:59 PM
It's not Dorsey. As much as I hate to say it, Dorsey is to Reid as Pioli was to Bilecheck. It is Reid that is making most of the personnel decisions. Dorsey is just taking care of the paperwork. (I don't know this as fact lol, jmho).

ctchiefsfan
10-14-2015, 10:02 PM
It's not Dorsey. As much as I hate to say it, Dorsey is to Reid as Pioli was to Bilecheck. It is Reid that is making most of the personnel decisions. Dorsey is just taking care of the paperwork. (I don't know this as fact lol, jmho).

Perhaps....I've no knowledge to dispute your suggestion. That said, I *think* they are both very good at their jobs and work well together. I don't have a lot of complaints about Dorsey's drafts and you are certainly correct that Reid has had A LOT of input on that. But I think it's been more a matter of them working together than Reid calling the shots. I could be TOTALLY WRONG however.

I base this on what I have seen from Reid. He is VERY LOYAL to people that have helped him achieve success in the past. I have had several management positions and every time I start a new one I call all the people that have helped me in the past and try to hire them....because I trust them and their judgement. Reid and Dorsey worked together before so I think there is a trust there that allows them to work together on personnel that allows them to work together on the draft as equals. So I don't think Reid is "calling the shots" on personnel. I think it is more a decision made between 2 men that respect each other. But as you said, that is JMHO.

As I said in a post somewhere here, Reid needs to go from effectively being the OC AND HC to being in a position where he has an OC he respects and works TOGETHER WITH AS AN EQUAL to come up with an offensive playbook that they both like but where the OC makes the final calls--especially after the first few scripted drives. Reid needs to coordinate with people rather than call the shots.

Reid IMHO will be more successful if his responsibilities are reduced to keeping an eye on the assistant coaches and motivating our Chiefs. We are giving him too much responsibility (HC, Assistant GM, OC) and as a result he is not doing especially well at ANY of his jobs. We are just putting too much on his shoulders.

One way or another, I think we need to get most of the play-calling out of his hands while protecting his ego (yeah we all have an ego) but still keeping him in charge of motivation and keeping him and Dorsey working together. I still think that the Reid-Dorsey team can build a dynasty.

Frankenchief
10-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Lmfao ....people that think like you have been making choices for kc for to long!! They need fire dorsey the guy blows... hunt needs man upand do some homework !!! Stop lessoning to everyone else!!! Jon gurden <~~~ the guy nows how to win
REALLY DUDE?!!!... "to long?" "They need fire dorsey?" "hunt needs man up?" "lessoning?" "Jon Gurden?" "Nows" for "knows?"

Geez man, all that in just 2 lines? Sorry man, you don't have any license to judge other people's posts.

Frankenchief
10-14-2015, 10:49 PM
It's not time to be firing either Dorsey or Reid. They have done too much good to get fired for one very messed up season. Both of them deserve AT LEAST one more year. And Dorsey should feel more secure about his job than Reid.

This.

Frankenchief
10-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Perhaps....I've no knowledge to dispute your suggestion. That said, I *think* they are both very good at their jobs and work well together. I don't have a lot of complaints about Dorsey's drafts and you are certainly correct that Reid has had A LOT of input on that. But I think it's been more a matter of them working together than Reid calling the shots. I could be TOTALLY WRONG however.

I base this on what I have seen from Reid. He is VERY LOYAL to people that have helped him achieve success in the past. I have had several management positions and every time I start a new one I call all the people that have helped me in the past and try to hire them....because I trust them and their judgement. Reid and Dorsey worked together before so I think there is a trust there that allows them to work together on personnel that allows them to work together on the draft as equals. So I don't think Reid is "calling the shots" on personnel. I think it is more a decision made between 2 men that respect each other. But as you said, that is JMHO.

As I said in a post somewhere here, Reid needs to go from effectively being the OC AND HC to being in a position where he has an OC he respects and works TOGETHER WITH AS AN EQUAL to come up with an offensive playbook that they both like but where the OC makes the final calls--especially after the first few scripted drives. Reid needs to coordinate with people rather than call the shots.

Reid IMHO will be more successful if his responsibilities are reduced to keeping an eye on the assistant coaches and motivating our Chiefs. We are giving him too much responsibility (HC, Assistant GM, OC) and as a result he is not doing especially well at ANY of his jobs. We are just putting too much on his shoulders.

One way or another, I think we need to get most of the play-calling out of his hands while protecting his ego (yeah we all have an ego) but still keeping him in charge of motivation and keeping him and Dorsey working together. I still think that the Reid-Dorsey team can build a dynasty.
Very good post.

ctchiefsfan
10-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Very good post.

Thank you Sir. I just try to call 'em as I see 'em....while always trying to be mindful of the fact that I simply don't know everything. Much of what I say is nothing more than opinion based on life experience which doesn't mean it's right. :) :( As a result I listen to the opinions of others who have shown they can think clearly. There are many here who match that description.