PDA

View Full Version : Postgame observations on the Chiefs/Vikings game

Frankenchief
10-18-2015, 10:36 PM
I've been thinking about quitting these postgame observation threads. They are grinding on my nerves. But I'll give it one more try before thinking about quitting again.

This game was an agonizing mixture of The Good, The Bad, and, The Ugly.

1- First the Good. Well, it basically started in the second half. At least offensively. The offense long left out for dead suddenly responded to CPR. Wasn't enough to win us the game, but just enough to alleviate the fear that this team is mentally spiralling down a very dark place. Let's face it, this season is over, but the last thing I wanted was a cancerous locker room and a total loss of self confidence on the part of these players. Those things are team killers that might take years to come back from.

Back to the "Good." What's this?!!! A halftime adjustment by Chiefs coaches?!!! Am I dreaming?! When was the last time ANY Chiefs coaching staff has made an obvious halftime adjustment?

2- Now for "The Bad" and "The Ugly." It was a very very ugly way to start our first offensive series. Pinned deep against our own goal line what do we do? The tried an true parallel pass. "Tried" as in way too many, and "True" as in truly awful call and true failure. The first one was badly overthrown but Mr. Smith and the second one (surprise, surprise) was totally expected by the Vikes D who stuffed it for a loss. Andy seems to be in lust with this call and I'm tired of calling for its exclusion from the playbook. "The Bad" was all the drive killing penalties committed by the Oline. The next observation was written down BEFORE the halftime, but it is so generally descriptive of this year's Chiefs O that I have to include it: It just seems like we don't game plan offensively. We have that one play (the aforementioned parallel pass and when it doesn't work, we just wing it the rest of the way. (Today's second half notwithstanding).

Another "Ugly" in this category is our total ineptness to score a TD up close. What gives? 1st and goal on the 6 and we come away with 0 after 4 pathetic tries. If we have anything close to creativity in the middle of the field we have ZERO within past the 10 yard line. We have one of the best fullbacks in the league. WHY DON'T WE RUN HIM? A fullback IS STILL A RUNNING BACK, DAMMIT!

3- Couple of more points on the O-line:

- I continue being disappointed in the 'stud' guard we signed from New Orleans. A lot of the pressures on Alex come from his side of the center. Also he got away with a holding in the end zone which would have been a safety. On the Charkandrik West fumble grubbs did not hold his block long enough allowing his man to slap the ball out.
- Upside aside, Mitch Morse has his rookie moments. But that is not unexpected.
- Would you PUHLEEEZ end this useless, asinine LT/RT experiment? Stephenson is not our future at LT and he is no better than Fisher. In fact he is NOT as good as Fisher. Fisher had a solid game again with only one or two slightly questionable plays. On one occasion he lost balance and fell on his behind while backtracking. Ironically this actually made Alex, who routinely holds on to the ball too long, release the ball quicker for a 6 yard gain. Another time he directed a rusher inside instead of out. The long pass went incomplete. But how much of that was due to the extra pressure, I can't tell. It wasn't like Fisher's man was the only rusher coming in through the middle. Other than these two incidences Fish seemed to more than do his job.

4- My offensive attaboy for playing with heart on the offense goes to Travis Kelce. The man was a weapon today. Too bad we didn't have enough. True, he does sometimes make boneheaded stuff like taking his helmet off and slamming it to the ground after West's game killing fumble. But right before that he had a majestic catch to make a 1st down. I give him a bit of slack for that reaction, given his production today.

5- If any unit represented the true spirit of "The Good, The Bad, and, The Ugly" it was today's defensive unit. They played with a lot of heart (The Good). Something that has been missing for weeks now. But still they can't seem to stop a 3rd and long (The Bad). Especially when the enemy goes to the sidelines with passes in those situations. 3rd and 10, the Vikes get a 52 yard completion. 3rd and 10 they get 24 yards. I didn't particularly watch Sean Smith but it seems a lot of those type of completions came on his sideline. And did we need the unnecessary penalties by this D? I love Jay Howard, but that roughing the passer and giving a 1st down to the Vikes was "UGLY." If I'm not mistaken, without it, it was a 3 and out for the Vikes. We just are not good enough to bounce back from bonehead mistakes.

brdempsey69
10-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Would you PUHLEEEZ end this useless, asinine LT/RT experiment? Stephenson is not our future at LT and he is no better than Fisher. In fact he is NOT as good as Fisher.

Those of us who watched Fisher closely in 2014, know that Fisher was NOWHERE close to being the liability at LT that Stephenson has been at this stage of the season. All that talk about "Fisher lost his LT job to Stephenson" is just BS being made up by those that were butt-hurt about Fisher being drafted instead of Geno Smith. I'd laugh my a$$ off if the Chiefs took another Tackle in the top-5, and waited until round 2 to select a QB, or even better still not take a QB at all (believing that Murray is the guy), and take 2 O-Lineman and 1 WR or CB with their top 3 picks.

jason1981
10-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Yes. Put fisher back at lt and put allen at rt. Is allen still on our team? Or have i forgotten hes injured?

brdempsey69
10-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Yes. Put fisher back at lt and put allen at rt. Is allen still on our team? Or have i forgotten hes injured?

Allen is not on the injury report at this time. Stephenson should get demoted just like LDT did. Mitch Holthus called him out on the post-game show for his struggles in this game. If Fisher and Allen hadn't gotten hurt in pre-season, and Allen would have shown that he was worth a grain of salt at RT, then we would have never seen Stephenson in the starting lineup.

Katherine
10-18-2015, 11:47 PM
The weak offense and all its problems were immediately apparent back in Phoenix, but game after game, week after week, NOTHING is being done to fix it. Andy, just bench the first string, and bring in the second string. That would clean up this cluster real quick.

Frankenchief
10-18-2015, 11:57 PM
Those of us who watched Fisher closely in 2014, know that Fisher was NOWHERE close to being the liability at LT that Stephenson has been at this stage of the season.Keep in mind also that Stephenson is in his contract year, which means this year is probably his best performance. This is the best he's ever gonna be, folks.

Frankenchief
10-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Allen was in for a few snaps as an extra O-lineman. I'm pretty sure.

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2015, 12:04 AM
The weak offense and all its problems were immediately apparent back in Phoenix, but game after game, week after week, NOTHING is being done to fix it. Andy, just bench the first string, and bring in the second string. That would clean up this cluster real quick.

Katherine....I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. At this point it's not like a mistake will cost us anything. It's beyond time to see what the backups can do.

brdempsey69
10-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Keep in mind also that Stephenson is in his contract year, which means this year is probably his best performance. This is the best he's ever gonna be, folks.

It ain't even close to being good enough. The Chiefs will take a Tackle with one of their top two draft picks.

You would think that after having gone through training camp at LT, then getting hurt, and then having to make the switch to RT, that it would be Fisher that would be struggling more so than anyone else on this O-Line, but that clearly isn't the case.

Kcman
10-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Frank grubbs is trash ive been saying this for a long time its time to do what the colts did !!!! Bench the problems!!!!! Look how good the colts o-line did tonight!! And for alex im sorry man i think it will be just better for the fans to see what chase can do at this point in the game... Maybe bench him for a game might make him pull his head out..!!! And for reid omfg im soo sick of screen pass every play!!!! Your play calling crap!!! Time step down let the oc call the damb plays!!! And i swear i want the gm head on choping block!!! Grubbs <~~ fish <~~ witch fish has gottin alot better butt still no #1 overall dee ford <~~~ i love tomba but he pretty much dun ..dee ford are next man up were in trouble ... Petters <~~ very good cb but cant tackle a fly soo lets hope big rb like hill <~~ wait already happend ))or blount or beast mod come his way... And my man DT <~~ wtf coach u high why he playing WR !!!! He the best thing we got at rb to fit right into what JC does !!!!!

Frankenchief
10-19-2015, 02:29 AM
Kcman's post reminded me reread my OP for typos and weird construction of sentences. Sorry for all the typos and stuff. I was just pissed and did not want to review what I wrote before I posted it.

Chiefs4life24
10-19-2015, 02:35 AM
Keep in mind also that Stephenson is in his contract year, which means this year is probably his best performance. This is the best he's ever gonna be, folks.

Frankly I liked him better when he was on the Roids

matthewschiefs
10-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Kcman's post reminded me reread my OP for typos and weird construction of sentences. Sorry for all the typos and stuff. I was just pissed and did not want to review what I wrote before I posted it.

It's all good dude. If my horrible spelling and grammar is allowed here then well anyones should be LOL

And please continue with them. I enjoy them even when they are losses. You have a good take on things I agree with about 99% of what you post in these.

matthewschiefs
10-19-2015, 02:41 AM

It could help. But it could be even worse. Keep in mind they were also playing against backups in the preseason. But hey it's not like we are winning a bunch of games and looking good anyway

Frankenchief
10-19-2015, 10:16 AM
It's all good dude. If my horrible spelling and grammar is allowed here then well anyones should be LOL

And please continue with them. I enjoy them even when they are losses. You have a good take on things I agree with about 99% of what you post in these.Thanks. Sometimes you rewrite or restructure a sentence or two and if you are not careful you may leave a word in from the previous structure which screws up the new one. Most of the time I go back and reread before I post, but I was really too sick to my stomach to want to do it. :smile

Frankenchief
10-19-2015, 10:32 AM
It could help. But it could be even worse. Keep in mind they were also playing against backups in the preseason. But hey it's not like we are winning a bunch of games and looking good anyway
Though I don't agree with Katherine's suggestion to do a wholesale replacement of the starters with back ups, I do think that we can stick a fork in this season and the only way it could have some benefit is to use the chance to give starting snaps to guys like Dee Ford, Aaron Murray, Steven Nelson, etc.

Seek
10-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Total offensive line is garbage.. I agree 100% Stephenson is complete crap at LT and Fisher is a better option right now. However, I have a feeling Fisher will remain at RT, as that is probably where he will be next year after we acquire some sort of Lt.

Grubb has been a complete and utter disapointment. Real pathetic.

Eydugstr
10-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Think the English teacher wouldn't mind. Good post(s). Lots to cover.

1 & 4. Agreed, and definitely about the locker room effect a "give up" season can have. One thing that gets overlooked is the fact that our D pretty much kept Adrian Peterson in check all day. Ramik Wilson contributed a lot to this. At one point, AP was sent limping to the sidelines. When our offense attacks straight ahead we usually do pretty well.

Kelce was on the verge of having a breakout game. The helmet penalty sucked but the fumble was the heartbreaker. Maclin was a reliable target until he got injured.

2. The parallel pass (and it's repeat) need to GO. Reid needs to rip it out the playbook, Peterson needs to call something else, and if it gets to Alex's headset he should audible something else out of the same formation. Couldn't believe it when they played it twice. My guess is Reid is trying to figure out something for DAT. The Vikes figured it out, too.

3. We don't have an O-line. Instead we have a linebacker speed bumps. Can't wait to hear the reaction if we take a Tackle high up in next year's draft. Fisher's the most consistent one of the bunch, after Morse.

5. Agreed. The other thing I'd put into the "Good/Bad" column would be Conley's performance. For a rookie he did well but the drops killed some drives. If he can cut down on the drops he'll be a reliable target.

Seek
10-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Conley looks a lot like Bowe. Dropping the same type of passes.

brdempsey69
10-19-2015, 07:19 PM
3. We don't have an O-line. Instead we have a linebacker speed bumps. Can't wait to hear the reaction if we take a Tackle high up in next year's draft. Fisher's the most consistent one of the bunch, after Morse.

I'll laugh my head off, if a Tackle does get taken with the top pick in 2016. Of course, Fisher will get blamed for that, instead of Stephenson's failures.

Total offensive line is garbage.. I agree 100% Stephenson is complete crap at LT and Fisher is a better option right now. However, I have a feeling Fisher will remain at RT, as that is probably where he will be next year after we acquire some sort of Lt.

Grubb has been a complete and utter disapointment. Real pathetic.

I don't feel that way. A QB could be taken with the top draft pick in 2016, and a RT could be taken in round 2, with Fisher staying at LT.

Chiefs4life24
10-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Fisher is fine at RT need a true LT in the draft

rodu
10-19-2015, 08:58 PM

Put Fisher back at LT, we have enough holes elsewhere that need to be addressed, no need to make another. Fix it another year

Chiefs4life24
10-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Either way your kicking the can down the road, from what I've read Fisher has better numbers than he's ever had at LT. They need a LT, LG and RG for sure in the draft and this draft is loaded with linemen, we also need to replace Devito, Tamba and DJ we somehow need to get younger in a lot of areas I'm just glad its not my job it makes my head spin just thinking about all the **** we need to do

Frankenchief
10-20-2015, 12:04 AM
2. The parallel pass (and it's repeat) need to GO. Reid needs to rip it out the playbook, Peterson needs to call something else, and if it gets to Alex's headset he should audible something else out of the same formation. Couldn't believe it when they played it twice. My guess is Reid is trying to figure out something for DAT. The Vikes figured it out, too.

5. Agreed. The other thing I'd put into the "Good/Bad" column would be Conley's performance. For a rookie he did well but the drops killed some drives. If he can cut down on the drops he'll be a reliable target.

2. I might be a bit harsh on the "Parallel pass" because we obviously don't have the personnel who can execute it. It needs good blockers and a QB who puts a zip on it. I am frustrated by how pathetic and pathetically predictable it has become.

Look, other teams operate the slant with authority and success, and usually a bit of a forward angle. Ours is always parallel to the LOS and takes too long to get there. That's why I call it the parallel pass instead of slant.

5. There was one obvious bad drop that would have gone for first down on a 3rd and whatever. That was squarely on Conley. Other than that, if memory serves me right, there was one or two Alex specialties that he had to catch off his shoe laces that he couldn't bring in.

Conley is a work in progress. I give him some slack. I'm just happy he is getting some snaps.

Frankenchief
10-20-2015, 12:09 AM
How do you define a true LT? If I'm not mistaken that's all Fish has been throughout high school and college. We drafted him for his upside in a draft bereft of superstars. The fact that he has not played LT all along is silliness on the coaches part.

Frankenchief
10-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Either way your kicking the can down the road, from what I've read Fisher has better numbers than he's ever had at LT.Maybe he is just a better player now, period. Imagine how much even better numbers he could have this year if he had stayed in his natural position.

Seek
10-20-2015, 08:49 AM
I'll laugh my head off, if a Tackle does get taken with the top pick in 2016. Of course, Fisher will get blamed for that, instead of Stephenson's failures.

I don't feel that way. A QB could be taken with the top draft pick in 2016, and a RT could be taken in round 2, with Fisher staying at LT.

I know you don't agree with that. You make a point in almost every post you do now to argue it. Yet he is still at RT isn't he despite how horrible Stephenson has been. Maybe after the bye he will move back to LT. If not, you have to consider that Fisher will remain at RT.

Seek
10-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Either way your kicking the can down the road, from what I've read Fisher has better numbers than he's ever had at LT. They need a LT, LG and RG for sure in the draft and this draft is loaded with linemen, we also need to replace Devito, Tamba and DJ we somehow need to get younger in a lot of areas I'm just glad its not my job it makes my head spin just thinking about all the **** we need to do

What is wrong with DJ.

Chiefs4life24
10-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Don't be surprised if DJ isn't resigned

brdempsey69
10-20-2015, 02:38 PM
I know you don't agree with that. You make a point in almost every post you do now to argue it. Yet he is still at RT isn't he despite how horrible Stephenson has been. Maybe after the bye he will move back to LT. If not, you have to consider that Fisher will remain at RT.

Just because he's still at RT because Stephenson been horrible only means Reid is being stubborn, same as with his play-calling. Any other coach would have already made the change.

Chiefs4life24
10-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Fisher needs to put on 10-20 more pounds of muscle for me to be impressed, that child needs Brock Lesnar power

Eydugstr
10-20-2015, 04:50 PM
2. I might be a bit harsh on the "Parallel pass" because we obviously don't have the personnel who can execute it. It needs good blockers and a QB who puts a zip on it. I am frustrated by how pathetic and pathetically predictable it has become.

Look, other teams operate the slant with authority and success, and usually a bit of a forward angle. Ours is always parallel to the LOS and takes too long to get there. That's why I call it the parallel pass instead of slant.

It's also a question of when slants get called. They're great when the defense is in prevent mode and the cb's are backed off ten yards from the line of scrimmage, and the team needs to stop a clock. That wasn't the case last sunday. If it was, then yes run it, get 3-4 yards and stop the clock. But the way they handled it last Sunday...We're lucky (especially the second time) that it didn't come back to bite us as a pick six.

5. There was one obvious bad drop that would have gone for first down on a 3rd and whatever. That was squarely on Conley. Other than that, if memory serves me right, there was one or two Alex specialties that he had to catch off his shoe laces that he couldn't bring in. Conley is a work in progress. I give him some slack. I'm just happy he is getting some snaps.

Not losing faith in Conley - Hey Tony Gonzalez dropped his fair share of passes during his rookie year, too - but if he cuts down the drops he'll boost his own chances to get more passes thrown his way.

Seek
10-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Just because he's still at RT because Stephenson been horrible only means Reid is being stubborn, same as with his play-calling. Any other coach would have already made the change.

Now you are speculating. But like I said, maybe he will make the move during the bye as there is other options at RT if the move is made instead of Stephenson. If not, the only other logical answer is that long term Fisher is not the plan at LT, but RT is more feasible.

Still need to fix LG and RG too?

Chiefs4life24
10-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Vadal Alexander from LSU would Qualify as a damn good LG or RG

brdempsey69
10-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Now you are speculating. But like I said, maybe he will make the move during the bye as there is other options at RT if the move is made instead of Stephenson. If not, the only other logical answer is that long term Fisher is not the plan at LT, but RT is more feasible.

Still need to fix LG and RG too?

Rubbish!! Common sense should tell you that if Stephenson were to get hurt, then Fisher would immediately replace him. Since Stephenson has already too often looked like a wounded duck, then what's the difference? And Reid is notorious for being stubborn. Stephenson has been a liability FIVE games in row & should have already been replaced by Fisher, even as LDT was replaced by Fulton.

Chiefs4life24
10-21-2015, 09:38 PM
My father in law hasn't been impressed by anyone on the offensive line this year he's mad cause everyone is too inconsistent and gets whooped

Frankenchief
10-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Vadal Alexander from LSU would Qualify as a damn good LG or RG
Come draft time a lop of people will again adopt the convention that you don't spend a 1 on a guard. We may just be frustrated enough to go against that convention this year. And I have to say I will be OK with that.

Frankenchief
10-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Rubbish!! Common sense should tell you that if Stephenson were to get hurt, then Fisher would immediately replace him. Since Stephenson has already too often looked like a wounded duck, then what's the difference? And Reid is notorious for being stubborn. Stephenson has been a liability FIVE games in row & should have already been replaced by Fisher, even as LDT was replaced by Fulton.
Stephenson IS actually hurt. Hurt by not using PEDs.

Seems he got a reputation for being a solid tackle while using them and is now riding that rep.

Chiefs4life24
10-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Not gonna lie I wish he was still juicing he was better

brdempsey69
10-22-2015, 01:13 AM
Stephenson IS actually hurt. Hurt by not using PEDs.

Seems he got a reputation for being a solid tackle while using them and is now riding that rep.

Not gonna lie I wish he was still juicing he was better

I just saw photos of the Chiefs practices and Fisher was lined up at LEFT TACKLE. I hope the change is made for this coming game on Sunday.

Frankenchief
10-22-2015, 03:37 PM
I just saw photos of the Chiefs practices and Fisher was lined up at LEFT TACKLE. I hope the change is made for this coming game on Sunday.
Just watch. People will call him a bust again as he takes a few games to get used to LT again. If they move him back to LT I hope they will stay with it with patience. Don't scramble his development.

brdempsey69
10-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Just watch. People will call him a bust again as he takes a few games to get used to LT again. If they move him back to LT I hope they will stay with it with patience. Don't scramble his development.

Quite correct. Fisher will not get fair or objective scrutiny from those same people willing to give Stephenson a hall pass.

Seek
10-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Quite correct. Fisher will not get fair or objective scrutiny from those same people willing to give Stephenson a hall pass.

Demps. I have given him fair objective scurtiny. I was a fan of this pick. His play over the years have dissapointed me into not being a fan. No one is giving Stephenson a pass. NO ONE! The Guys sucks and needs to go. So your argument to state so is you being defensive and stubborn to prove yourself right regarding Fisher. I still say Fisher belongs at RT as he will never be an above average LT in this league. The burned bridge between you and I started years ago when you stated Fisher would be a top tier LT once he was moved to his natural position and he gets three years experience. I didn't think a failed year at RT deserved a promotion to LT over a guy who had a good year at LT. Since Then Stephenson clearly has failed, and he needs to go. I have more than once admitted that but the issue remains to be Fisher.

I gave you many reasons to why Fisher won't be a stud LT which you shrugged aside as incredible sources. What sparked my whole interest recently is you are contradicting your whole entire argument form two years ago, when he was failing at RT because he was out of position. Then you spinned moving him to RT as a positive for him stating he was the best option. I thought Allen was a better option and if Fisher was really the best LT he should be there. I was giving him the one more year, you felt he needed and I still am. Now 5 weeks of crappy play from Stephenson has passed and we are finally back to where we should have been week 1. I will give Fisher the rest of the year to prove you right.

Here is my predictions though. It will play out the same as it has. I have already read you say he is not living up to your expectations and that he is not doing Great, but not horrible, this season. That will continue, and continue yet there will always be some excuse to why. From what I have heard on the radio which I know you don't count as credible. There is question from the Chiefs with how much he loves to play football, both with the brass and players in the locker room. They feel he is becoming unreliable when hurt and mentally may not have the toughness to play the position.

With that, I understand you are very stubborn and continue to push buttons with almost every single post you can to prove you may be right. I have already deleted over 15 responses I started to write you. This will be the last ever about Fisher. Unless you happen to be right in the end which I will say, you were right. I don't expect you ever to admit you being wrong about Fisher. You will find an excuse.

Frankenchief
10-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Demps. I have given him fair objective scurtiny. I was a fan of this pick. His play over the years have dissapointed me into not being a fan. No one is giving Stephenson a pass. NO ONE! The Guys sucks and needs to go. So your argument to state so is you being defensive and stubborn to prove yourself right regarding Fisher. I still say Fisher belongs at RT as he will never be an above average LT in this league.
I have to somewhat disagree with you here, Seek. I am in the camp that believes Fisher is being severely mishandled. Just look at the sequence:

Drafted as a future LT. Everything about him said untapped potential in that position. Then shoved to the right, back to the left and now to the right again. Combined with a couple of injuries, is it any wonder that this guy's (again, drafted for potential) play has been less than stellar? He hasn't had a chance to develop. I'd say with this season having been lost let's put him back on the left and let him get much needed snaps.

This season is already a lemon. The smart thing to do, before even the lemon rots, is to make lemonade by giving young guys like Fish, Dee Ford, and Conely some snaps and put them on the right track for next year. It would require balls by the coaching staff which Andy has not shown yet.

Come to think of it I'm not sure if I want Andy to show his balls. The mental image nauseates me. ;-))

brdempsey69
10-23-2015, 02:51 PM
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Same rhetoric repeating the same stuff

I have to somewhat disagree with you here, Seek. I am in the camp that believes Fisher is being severely mishandled. Just look at the sequence:

Drafted as a future LT. Everything about him said untapped potential in that position. Then shoved to the right, back to the left and now to the right again. Combined with a couple of injuries, is it any wonder that this guy's (again, drafted for potential) play has been less than stellar? He hasn't had a chance to develop. I'd say with this season having been lost let's put him back on the left and let him get much needed snaps.

This season is already a lemon. The smart thing to do, before even the lemon rots, is to make lemonade by giving young guys like Fish, Dee Ford, and Conely some snaps and put them on the right track for next year. It would require balls by the coaching staff which Andy has not shown yet.

Come to think of it I'm not sure if I want Andy to show his balls. The mental image nauseates me. ;-))

That's what I've been trying to tell him. How will we know what Fisher will become as LT, if he's never given the chance? Yet, Seek went along with that falsely constructed scenario of "Fisher lost his LT job to Stephenson" like a doo-doo eating dog gobbling up freshly dropped feces.

Chiefs4life24
10-23-2015, 05:28 PM
I doubt they will move him back permanently don't think Reid will do it

Eydugstr
10-23-2015, 05:51 PM

+1. Bad mental images notwithstanding, this is what needs to happen. Especially with Dee Ford. Fisher and Conley will (barring injury at practice) likely get the go-ahead next sunday, but there's way too much reliance on Tamba Hali. We need to get Ford in there more.

jason1981
10-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Im hoping fisher is back at lt and hope he proves himself as a lt. If he does that i would count this season as a success no matter the record. If he proves himself we dont have to draft a lt in the draft. And can draft a rt in the 2nd round or lower. Im not saying he will or wont but im optimistic with him having a full offseason. Id give him 1 or 2 games to readjust to the ledt sside before we can truely criticize or judge him. Maybe just one game. We already have him so lets hope he proves to be the lt.

brdempsey69
10-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Im hoping fisher is back at lt and hope he proves himself as a lt. If he does that i would count this season as a success no matter the record. If he proves himself we dont have to draft a lt in the draft. And can draft a rt in the 2nd round or lower. Im not saying he will or wont but im optimistic with him having a full offseason. Id give him 1 or 2 games to readjust to the ledt sside before we can truely criticize or judge him. Maybe just one game. We already have him so lets hope he proves to be the lt.

Considering that Fisher played 1032 snaps at LT in 2014 in 16 games, gave up only 7 of the teams 49 sacks, with no off-season preparation, then what reason is there to NOT give him the chance to continue playing LT and see if he can improve over the course of the next 2 or 3 seasons? None that I can think of.

jason1981
10-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Considering that Fisher played 1032 snaps at LT in 2014 in 16 games, gave up only 7 of the teams 49 sacks, with no off-season preparation, then what reason is there to NOT give him the chance to continue playing LT and see if he can improve over the course of the next 2 or 3 seasons? None that I can think of.

Yeah agree but i dont think you give him 2 or more years. If he shows improvement this year then you dknt draft a lt this year and if next year he regresses or doesnt continue to improve then you find his replacement. Let his play speak for himself.

jason1981
10-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Also i wont complain if they do draft a tackle and we have two book end tackles. Then all we need is two more guards to make our oline solid.

brdempsey69
10-23-2015, 11:01 PM
I'll change the subject here to another player that was drafted this past spring -- LB Ramik Wilson. This guy looks like the real deal and there is no way Mauga should be starting ahead of Wilson, if Wilson is healthy. Nice value pick in round 4 and nice addition to the Defensive Front 7.

jason1981
10-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I'll change the subject here to another player that was drafted this past spring -- LB Ramik Wilson. This guy looks like the real deal and there is no way Mauga should be starting ahead of Wilson, if Wilson is healthy. Nice value pick in round 4 and nice addition to the Defensive Front 7.

Especially with dj age and all.

Chiefster
10-24-2015, 10:16 AM
...Joining the conversation late, but the way I saw it this was a team loss. The defense kept us in it as long as they could but by the fourth quarter they were spent. After a week since the game concluded that is really all I remember. I've gone from high expectations to low expectations to no expectations and when that happens to a team, regardless of their pregame rhetoric, loosing then becomes an expected result and a very bad habit.

Frankenchief
10-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Yep, the habit of losing and being OK with it is the worst thing that can happen. That is my main concern (expressed in segment 1 of OP).

We play the game (especially on offense) like some snaps are not important. It's like the first and second downs are not important. "So what if we play sloppy on the first and lose 4 yards? We can probably not lose any yards on second down!" Legit teams play EVERY snap like it's a crucial. We just don't exhibit that demeanor this year. It's sad and frustrating to watch.

Chiefster
10-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Yep, the habit of losing and being OK with it is the worst thing that can happen. That is my main concern (expressed in segment 1 of OP).

We play the game (especially on offense) like some snaps are not important. It's like the first and second downs are not important. "So what if we play sloppy on the first and lose 4 yards? We can probably not lose any yards on second down!" Legit teams play EVERY snap like it's a crucial. We just don't exhibit that demeanor this year. It's sad and frustrating to watch.

Eggsactly!

Chiefs4life24
10-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Now we released Fred Williams and resigned Kenny Cook

Seek
10-25-2015, 07:05 PM

I agree so why is he not starting over mauga. Is he not healthy?

brdempsey69
10-25-2015, 07:18 PM
I agree so why is he not starting over mauga. Is he not healthy?

He's hurt, right now and was not active today. He was listed as DOUBTFUL coming into today's game. They need for Wilson to get healthy and get him back on the field.

Katherine
10-26-2015, 02:51 AM
I think the offense looked so much better this week. Even if they'd lost, which they might've had they played against all the Steelers' regulars, I'd have to commend them for more assertive play and better use of the whole lineup. Agreed?

ctchiefsfan
10-26-2015, 03:19 AM
I think the offense looked so much better this week. Even if they'd lost, which they might've had they played against all the Steelers' regulars, I'd have to commend them for more assertive play and better use of the whole lineup. Agreed?

AGREED and THEN SOME Katherine!