PDA

View Full Version : NFL going international?

luv
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Possible Super Bowl OUTSIDE the US? WTF? I do not see the point in playing games outside the US, let alone the Super Bowl.

I agree. With every dollar they gain elsewhere, they'll lose that and more in the US.

Completely stupid, idiotic idea.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Possible Super Bowl OUTSIDE the US? WTF? I do not see the point in playing games outside the US, let alone the Super Bowl.

I agree. With every dollar they gain elsewhere, they'll lose that and more in the US.

Completely stupid, idiotic idea.

Where did you hear this?

luv
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Where did you hear this?
They talked about it on NBC this evening. THey said that London has already agreed to host it if we ever decided to.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
They talked about it on NBC this evening. THey said that London has already agreed to host it if we ever decided to.

GRRRRRR!!!!!

That makes me mad...

What they need to to is get a game to KC.

Screw the Dome teams and down south, we watched it rain in Miami last year.

Why not play football like it was meant to be played in Jan or Feb.

In the snow where it is 10 degrees.

That is football!

luv
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/international/story?id=09000d5d803988a7&template=with-video&confirm=true

Goodell: Making NFL the 'world's passion'

By Roger Goodell | National Football League

Note: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell delivered the opening remarks this morning at a sports business conference in London. Coinciding with this weekend's Dolphins-Giants game at Wembley Stadium, the conference -- "Sport 2020: The changing face of the global sports industry" -- featured several NFL owners and some of the biggest names in the sports industry. The following is a transcript of Goodell's remarks:
Good morning and thank you, Daniel, for those generous words and especially for organizing today's event.
Thanks to all of you for joining us from the four corners of the world and nearly every sport imaginable. This is very exciting and ground-breaking.
It is a pleasure to be with you for today's conference and the week-long festivities that culminate Sunday at Wembley Stadium. The historic first regular-season NFL game played outside of North America is a milestone for the NFL and the international growth of our game.

International Series at London (http://www.nfl.com/international)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/352.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NYG)New York vs. Miami (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG8&game_id=29301)
Sun., 1 p.m. ET (6 p.m. London time)http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/353.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=MIA)

Check out the NFLUK.com (http://www.nfluk.com/)
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/354.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork) The Miami Dolphins will host the New York Giants at London's Wembley Stadium in the first NFL regular-season game (http://www.nfllondon2007.com/) to be played outside of North America.

I would like to extend a special welcome to Wayne Huizenga of the Miami Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA) and Jonathan Tisch of the New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG). Thank you for being our pioneers and bringing your teams here during the heart of the season. This was especially challenging for Wayne, whose team gave up a home game. Not that Mr. Tisch is feeling much sympathy, but we do appreciate what you have done Wayne in leading the way.
We've come a long way since we started bringing our game overseas.
While we are the number-one sport in the U.S., our future success will depend in large part on our ability to globalize. As the world shrinks, thanks to emerging technology, we will increasingly become partners with many of you in this room.
Today's conference is a real opportunity to develop new partnerships and build upon existing ones. I encourage all of us to share and learn from each other.
We have an ambitious schedule today that should lend itself to that type of learning. Before we get to it I want to touch on one of the themes of this conference -- the future of sport and our role in it.
To understand the potential of NFL football outside the U.S., it is important to understand how we evolved.
Success did not come overnight. It took us in the NFL 45 years -- from 1920 to 1965 -- to become the most popular sport in America. Fifty years ago, the NFL consisted of only 12 teams. There was no Super Bowl, no national television contracts, one playoff game and no games played in primetime.
It took time for the NFL to put in place the building blocks that any sport needs to grow:
The right cities, the right owners and the right stadiums.

Great teams and the ability to change and tailor the game to spectator interests.

A sustainable competitive and balanced model that includes significant revenue sharing among owners.

In the past 40 years we've accelerated our growth.
The primary force was the use of broadcast television to reach the broadest audience. As the media landscape shifts, we have used different media platforms, such as cable, satellite and the Internet to complement and support our successful connection with fans.
The vision of our owners -- many of whom are here today, including Wayne Huizenga, Jonathan Tisch, Joel Glazer, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Stan Kroenke, Dan Snyder and John York -- and Commissioners Tagliabue and Rozelle has played a leading role in our success.
They have all been committed to the success of the entire league. They compete on Sunday and Monday nights on the football field, but they are business partners off the field.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/355.jpgMatt York / Associated PressCommissioner Roger Goodell said the NFL's future success will depend "in large part on our ability to globalize."
We do not, however, take our position for granted. The challenges going forward will be significant. Our success is not guaranteed.
Our game plan is to keep a tight focus on core themes. We have to make sure the game remains exciting and competitive. We have to have a solid league structure with strong franchises across the board; and we have to continue to be innovative, always looking for ways to improve everything we do.
Growth in the future clearly means expanding our presence in the global sports marketplace.
We have dedicated considerable resources already to the global development of football. American Bowls and NFL Europe succeeded in developing our game and the football experience to new fans and establishing a European fan base. But it was time for something new.
The focus of our international strategy now is to present the NFL to the widest possible global audience in new ways. We are focusing on two key initiatives:
First: Staging regular-season NFL games outside the U.S. It is bringing our best product -- live regular-season games that count -- to fans here and in other international cities.
The live-game experience -- in stadium and on TV -- is what makes our sport and all sports unique and distinctive from other forms of entertainment. Sports are appointment TV. Much has been said about reality TV this decade. But the NFL is the ultimate reality TV -- three hours of unscripted and unrehearsed moments that bring people together unlike any other entertainment opportunity.
For example, about 30 million Americans watched the Cowboys-Patriots game a couple weeks ago. It was the most-watched event in the U.S. for the entire week by a margin of 10 million viewers. Not just the most-watched sport, but the most watched television program of the season.
Our goal is to translate America's obsession into the world's passion. A year ago our owners approved a plan to stage up to two games a season outside the U.S. This Sunday is just the beginning.
Second: We will connect with more fans globally through digital media. Digital media expands the potential for communicating about our game and with our fans. The Internet is the new town square, a place for fans across the globe to gather and enjoy the NFL.
I participated in a session at Google's headquarters in California earlier this month, appropriately titled "Sports of the 21st Century, Sports and Fans -- A New Connection."
We discussed how this is the golden age for the fan. It's a great time to be a sports fan with more points of contact than ever. It's a self-service, on-demand environment with fans connecting on their own terms. They can get information when and how they want it. That changes our business model dramatically.
Thanks to new technology, we can bring fans closer to football and deepen their interest in the game.
The sports industry is not alone. Other industries are facing similar challenges and opportunities. We must learn from the failures and successes of others. Technology change is a powerful force capable of creating whole new industries.
The music industry failed to recognize and adapt to changes in technology and consumer consumption.

The media industry, primarily print, is evolving itself from a hardcopy newspaper and magazine to a 24/7 online news service that has become multi-media. I know we'll hear more about that later today from leaders like Sports Illustrated's Terry McDonnell.

Speaking of the music industry, there's a fellow named Bob Dylan who wrote a song about changing times in the mid-'60s -- when the NFL was in the process of overtaking baseball. He said:
"The old road is rapidly aging. You better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone."
For those of us in sports, it's happening again. And we'd better heed the call.
We have an exciting schedule for the rest of the day and it's time to get to it. I hope you have a productive day and look forward to meeting many of you.

luv
10-28-2007, 09:40 PM
GRRRRRR!!!!!

That makes me mad...

What they need to to is get a game to KC.

Screw the Dome teams and down south, we watched it rain in Miami last year.

Why not play football like it was meant to be played in Jan or Feb.

In the snow where it is 10 degrees.

That is football!
I hear that the Chiefs are maybe playing a game abroad next year.

luv
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
http://alexharden.org/blog/archives/2006/10/nfl_internation.html

NFL International?

If I was a taxpayer that had helped fund a stadium for my local NFL team, I'd be pissed to learn that the league decided they were going to take regular-season home games away (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings&prov=ap&type=lgns) from my community. It'll be interesting to see how the league or team owners will compensate fans and local businesses negatively affected by this decision.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I hear that the Chiefs are maybe playing a game abroad next year.

Someone mentioned Germany.

The Germans do actually have an NFL fan base.

My buddy used to go to alot of the Frankfurt Galaxy games, and said the fans were better there than where he was from.

This was the early nineties and I'm not sure which Florida team's games he went to.

As long as the game is televised here in KC (and we get to play a crappy team so we can show off) I don't really have a problem with it.

luv
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I talked to dad about this today. He wonerd if whoever was supposed to have that game at home, if their season ticket holders got charged for their ticket to that gam.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I talked to dad about this today. He wonerd if whoever was supposed to have that game at home, if their season ticket holders got charged for their ticket to that gam.

That is an interesting thought.

Perhaps the NFL has to provide air fare for the fans?

:lol:

luv
10-28-2007, 09:45 PM

My buddy used to go to alot of the Frankfurt Galaxy games, and said the fans were better there than where he was from.

This was the early nineties and I'm not sure which Florida team's games he went to.

As long as the game is televised here in KC (and we get to play a crappy team so we can show off) I don't really have a problem with it.
I would if I was a season ticket holder.

Besides. It's like having two soccer teams from differetn countries play here. Why do I care who wins? I have no affiliation with either team.

luv
10-28-2007, 09:46 PM
That is an interesting thought.

Perhaps the NFL has to provide air fare for the fans?

I'm sure you wouldn't make light of it if you were a season ticket hoder.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm sure you wouldn't make light of it if you were a season ticket hoder.

I wasn't making light of it at all, luv.

I was thinking that if the NFL (not the team) had to pay for the transportation and accommodations for season ticket holders they might think twice about it!

:bananen_smilies046:

luv
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM

So, the Super Bowl abroad makes you mad, but not a regular season game? TO me, it's the same principle.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
So, the Super Bowl abroad makes you mad, but not a regular season game? TO me, it's the same principle.

For the life of me I can't figure out why you are trying to argue with me when I am agreeing with you, luv.

:sign0153:

For the record though, I WOULD HAVE LOVED to see a Chiefs game while I was stationed in Germany.

I am a Chiefs fan that had no opportunity to go to ANY games for 4 years.

There are still Chiefs fans in Germany serving our country to this day.

I said I has LESS of a problem with Germany than London, because I personally know there are Chiefs fans there.

Why the subtle, yet effective attempts to get a rise out of me?

I have apologized to you many times, and respect your knowledge of the Chiefs and will continue to.

luv
10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I said I has LESS of a problem with Germany than London, because I personally know there are Chiefs fans there.

Why the subtle, yet effective attempts to get a rise out of me?

I have apologized to you many times, and respect your knowledge of the Chiefs and will continue to.
You apologized in another thread for taking away from my *****ing threads, and you said I don't post Chiefs stuff. You should know the post I'm talking about. I gave you rep for it.

Also, nowhere did you say you had LESS of a problem with Germany than London. You said you were fine with Germany as long as it was televised here. Would you be okay with a Super Bowl in Germany as well?

I'm not trying to "get a rise out of you". We're having a discussion. Not all discussions include smilies.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
You apologized in another thread for taking away from my *****ing threads, and you said I don't post Chiefs stuff. You should know the post I'm talking about. I gave you rep for it.

Also, nowhere did you say you had LESS of a problem with Germany than London. You said you were fine with Germany as long as it was televised here. Would you be okay with a Super Bowl in Germany as well?

I'm not trying to "get a rise out of you". We're having a discussion. Not all discussions include smilies.

Since there are rarely (if ever?) Superbowls played in a teams hometown, it doesn't seem to matter to me where the Superbowl is played.

I thought we were talking about home games being played overseas.

Unless I win the lottery, or some contest for Super Bowl tickets, I don't see myself EVER getting to go to one. I believe this is the case for about 99% of NFL fans around the world, stateside, or overseas.

Doesn't really matter to me where the Super Bowl is played as long as it is shown live in America during evening hours on a Sunday in Jan or Feb.

I don't think I didn't say you DON'T post Chiefs stuff, I was commenting on the weird situation you had with your friend in the car.

I was hung over and getting angry at my CATS for gods sake. :lol:

I appreciate that you don't post drunk like me, and I realize that I kill alot of threads.

Sorry if I post everything before others get to do it.

I will try and refrain and give others a chance to post some Chiefs stuff!

luv
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Since there are rarely (if ever?) Superbowls played in a teams hometown, it doesn't seem to matter to me where the Superbowl is played.

I thought we were talking about home games being played overseas.

Unless I win the lottery, or some contest for Super Bowl tickets, I don't see myself EVER getting to go to one. I believe this is the case for about 99% of NFL fans around the world, stateside, or overseas.

Doesn't really matter to me where the Super Bowl is played as long as it is shown live in America during evening hours on a Sunday in Jan or Feb.

I don't think I didn't say you DON'T post Chiefs stuff, I was commenting on the weird situation you had with your friend in the car.

I was hung over and getting angry at my CATS for gods sake. :lol:

I appreciate that you don't post drunk like me, and I realize that I kill alot of threads.

Sorry if I post everything before others get to do it.

I will try and refrain and give others a chance to post some Chiefs stuff!
Well, a drunk man never lies, but I will call truce.

You do realize the significant time difference between Europe and here, though. If it's prime time here, then it much later there. Otherwise, it's going to be really early here.

Guru
10-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I love how they can't support NFL Europe but the are fine with stealing the biggest event in sports. If they want to host a SuperBowl, then it is high time that they start a competitive EFL of their own and we can have the two champs face off in Feb, AFTER our superbowl.

hermhater
10-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, a drunk man never lies, but I will call truce.

You do realize the significant time difference between Europe and here, though. If it's prime time here, then it much later there. Otherwise, it's going to be really early here.

THAT is my only argument with an overseas Super Bowl.

If they can't broadcast it here LIVE on a Sunday in the evening IN THE USA, then I have a huge problem with it!!!

If that ever happens Goodell will be gone.

I think the Super Bowl is the highest rated TV even of the year.

If he lost those ratings he would be run out of town.

And I was not drunk, I was hung over and yelling at anything I could find.

Cats, doors (yes doors, I stubbed my big toe that day and the nail is black and blue and my toe is still swollen), my GF, and apparently you!

Since that rant, I have went and evaluated some of my own practices on the site and have begun to tone myself down.

Whether or not my posting all the news articles about the Chiefs has helped the site, it is still wrong to attack others for their contributions.

I hope the rest of the season I am able to hold my tongue, and be more respectful (especially to those that were here before me, and truly made the site what it is).

hermhater
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I love how they can't support NFL Europe but the are fine with stealing the biggest event in sports. If they want to host a SuperBowl, then it is high time that they start a competitive EFL of their own and we can have the two champs face off in Feb, AFTER our superbowl.

Now that is a good idea.

We could even start the NFL's second stringers, and win!

luv
10-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't see the need in us playing regular season games abroad. I heard Mexico wants to host a game to, so it's not just Europe.

I think the Super Bowl thing might have been speculation on the announcers' part on NBC. I feel the same way about regular season games.

If they are trying to build a new fanbase, they need to consider the amount of games that sell out here. Instead of taking the money to make the necessary upgrades, they want to take our teams elsewhere in order to make money.

Canada
10-29-2007, 08:37 AM

They aren't "stealing" it, the NFL is offering it to them. If the NFL asked me if i wanted to have the SB in my backyard I would say Yes, why shouldn't London!! And i think the NFL Europe folded so the NFL can start this regular season game thing knowing the there is some interest. They sold 90 000 tickets in 40 mins. When was the last time a game on US soil sold out that fast?

sling58
10-29-2007, 09:05 AM
They aren't "stealing" it, the NFL is offering it to them. If the NFL asked me if i wanted to have the SB in my backyard I would say Yes, why shouldn't London!! And i think the NFL Europe folded so the NFL can start this regular season game thing knowing the there is some interest. They sold 90 000 tickets in 40 mins. When was the last time a game on US soil sold out that fast?

good point.

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM

Well said...

rbedgood
10-29-2007, 04:47 PM

I can agree on the regular season game, however if my team lost a home game to this fiasco I'd be pissed. As for the Superbowl or playoff games I'd argue we sell those out just as quickly as they sell out anywhere else.

I'll be okay with the Superbowl being played in England when the British Open is played at Pebble Beach.

hermhater
10-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I can agree on the regular season game, however if my team lost a home game to this fiasco I'd be pissed. As for the Superbowl or playoff games I'd argue we sell those out just as quickly as they sell out anywhere else.

I'll be okay with the Superbowl being played in England when the British Open is played at Pebble Beach.

Hah!

Start the petition, dude!

The British are too stingy with their traditions, though.

I don't see that happening. Who can afford to go to the Super Bowl even if it is in their home town?

Not me.

Canada
10-29-2007, 06:41 PM

i completely agree with you, I am just saying that there obviously is an interest and that London is not "stealing" the game so much as the NFL is offering it. Not everyone in the NFL cares as much about the fans as Carl Peterson does!!

hermhater
10-29-2007, 09:17 PM
i completely agree with you, I am just saying that there obviously is an interest and that London is not "stealing" the game so much as the NFL is offering it. Not everyone in the NFL cares as much about the fans as Carl Peterson does!!

Good one!

Rep!

Chiefster
10-29-2007, 09:28 PM

...Could NOT agree more.

luv
10-30-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't care how fast they sell out. They want to see football? They should take Guru's advice and start a league of their own.

Canada
10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't care how fast they sell out. They want to see football? They should take Guru's advice and start a league of their own.

Then you need to write a little note to the NFL and tell them to keep the league in the U.S. but you guys need to realize that just because the game is played in the U.S. does not mean that your fans are all from the U.S. The NFL is being smart about making it a global game and the more it is played internationally, the more the game will grow.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Then you need to write a little note to the NFL and tell them to keep the league in the U.S. but you guys need to realize that just because the game is played in the U.S. does not mean that your fans are all from the U.S. The NFL is being smart about making it a global game and the more it is played internationally, the more the game will grow.

Good point guy!

Maybe we can get some of these soccer countries to see the light!

We need competitive football all over the world.

I understand how some people are angry about losing a home game, as well they should be (p!sses me off a bit too) but the NFL is a business and we are it's customers.

If the NFL loses fans over it they will quickly change their tune.

luv
10-30-2007, 02:34 PM
More fans, yes. Does that also mean less games played at home?

Canada
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Good point guy!

Maybe we can get some of these soccer countries to see the light!

We need competitive football all over the world.

I understand how some people are angry about losing a home game, as well they should be (p!sses me off a bit too) but the NFL is a business and we are it's customers.

If the NFL loses fans over it they will quickly change their tune.

Not to say you aren't a fan, but there are 90 000 people in London who have seen more NFL games than you. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Kansas City just get a soccer team?? I know, it is a different league. The NFL is a business and it is trying to expand and if that makes you not want to be a fan anymore then i guess we will all mss you!!

More fans, yes. Does that also mean less games played at home?

I have not really worked it all out so I do not know how it would work. My guess is that there will be some international exhibition games (regular season) and then possibly if the interest is still there then international teams. Maybe not overseas, but Canada and Mexico possibly.

luv
10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Not to say you aren't a fan, but there are 90 000 people in London who have seen more NFL games than you. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Kansas City just get a soccer team?? I know, it is a different league. The NFL is a business and it is trying to expand and if that makes you not want to be a fan anymore then i guess we will all mss you!!

I have not really worked it all out so I do not know how it would work. My guess is that there will be some international exhibition games (regular season) and then possibly if the interest is still there then international teams. Maybe not overseas, but Canada and Mexico possibly.
We've already played a game in London. Next year, I've heard rumor of Germany. It's not just North America.

It might be good for the "NFL", but I don't see it being too great for American fans or the economy of the cities these teams come from. Less home games would hurt hotels, restaurants, and gas staions near the stadium.

Canada
10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
We've already played a game in London. Next year, I've heard rumor of Germany. It's not just North America.

It might be good for the "NFL", but I don't see it being too great for American fans or the economy of the cities these teams come from. Less home games would hurt hotels, restaurants, and gas staions near the stadium.

Are you implying that by having games outside of the US is going to affect a cities economy?? American fans are not the only ones the NFL is concerned with right now. Who do you think fills some of those hotels and eat at some of those restaurants. Why should I not get a chance to see the Chiefs play near my house?? Am I not enough of a fan or loyal enough to my team?? You are assuming that all Chiefs fans (or whatever team) live in the city in which the team plays. How many fans are on this site who may never have a realistic chance at seeing a Chiefs game unless the Chiefs come and see them.

luv
10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Are you implying that by having games outside of the US is going to affect a cities economy?? American fans are not the only ones the NFL is concerned with right now. Who do you think fills some of those hotels and eat at some of those restaurants. Why should I not get a chance to see the Chiefs play near my house?? Am I not enough of a fan or loyal enough to my team?? You are assuming that all Chiefs fans (or whatever team) live in the city in which the team plays. How many fans are on this site who may never have a realistic chance at seeing a Chiefs game unless the Chiefs come and see them.
I don't live in a football city either. If they are going to appease every person on earth, they would have to visit every country. I don't think they can fit that many games in a year. What makes Canada more special than Egypt?

hermhater
10-30-2007, 03:23 PM

I don't know what that means?

Are you saying I have never seen an NFL game?

I have been to plenty of Chiefs games, and I watch every game that comes on the TV.

Chiefster
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Less filling.

Canada
10-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't live in a football city either. If they are going to appease every person on earth, they would have to visit every country. I don't think they can fit that many games in a year. What makes Canada more special than Egypt?

Did Canada get a game that I did not hear about?? I am pretty sure that there is some sort of market research that may go into it. Find interest in the game before they schedule it and if there is a huge NFL fanbase in Egypt....then why not?? I never said that Canada deserves it more than anyone else.

I don't know what that means?

Are you saying I have never seen an NFL game?

I have been to plenty of Chiefs games, and I watch every game that comes on the TV.

I am saying that there are a lot of NFL fans who have never gone to a game when they have had plenty of opportunity. Why should others not get the chance??

anaeelbackwards
10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
gives the nfl more exposure and puts kansas city on the map internationally.... did they ever say when this was going to happen?

Canada
10-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I was hopin the Chiefs Peckers game was gonna be at the school down the street from my house this weekend!!

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Less filling.

Tastes great!

Canada
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Less filling.

Tastes great!

mmmmmm.....beer!! YouTube - Homer Beer Song From Canada's #1 Homer!!

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
mmmmmm.....beer!! YouTube - Homer Beer Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKEjQpL0-4) From Canada's #1 Homer!!

Hilarious!!!!

I have never seen that before!

Post some more about beer Canada!

:sign0098: :toast2:

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Any time I see anybody who is not from America talk about football on the internet, they are just bashing it. We shouldn't be taking home games away from teams and fans to push the NFL internationally if the chumps in Europe don't want it, imo. (I hate Egopeans.)

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Any time I see anybody who is not from America talk about football on the internet, they are just bashing it. We shouldn't be taking home games away from teams and fans to push the NFL internationally if the chumps in Europe don't want it, imo. (I hate Egopeans.)

Ahem...

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Ahem...

Sorry, I should have said North America. Canada's still got the CFL, after all, while NFL Europe has tanked. It's apparent what continent the real football fans live on.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I should have said North America. Canada's still got the CFL, after all, while NFL Europe has tanked. It's apparent what continent the real football fans live on.

Much better!

Hey guy have you gotten any bets down on Canada's drinking this Sunday?

There is an event for it!

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Much better!

Hey guy have you gotten any bets down on Canada's drinking this Sunday?

There is an event for it!

I already blew all my arrowcash on the game bets.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 06:26 PM
I already blew all my arrowcash on the game bets.

We're all gonna be rich after Sunday!

4 sacks for the team, and 3 picks!

Woot!!!

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
We're all gonna be rich after Sunday!

4 sacks for the team, and 3 picks!

Woot!!!

Cool. I've gotta get one of these in:

GO CHIEFS!!!

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 06:43 PM
favre is gonna see a lot of jared allen and derrick johnson.

i guarantee that. lol

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
favre is gonna see a lot of jared allen and derrick johnson.

i guarantee that. lol

I don't think he is gonna see them so much as feel them and the pain they inflict on him!! :bananen_smilies046: