PDA

View Full Version : Time to roll the dice?

Frankenchief
11-01-2015, 11:38 PM
The Jets lost 2 QBs today and they are hitting the phones to trade for a QB. I know it's risky for this season, but Chase Daniel's value will never be better than now. Would you do the trade if the Jets were desperate enough to offer, say, a 2nd rounder?

How about a starting guard?

This would require preparing Murray quickly to become Alex's back up, for better or worse.

Thoughts?

brdempsey69
11-01-2015, 11:40 PM
^^It could happen, but where is the Chiefs #3 QB going to come from, is the next question. Bray is on IR.

matthewschiefs
11-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Don't think Chase would bring a 2nd rounder. 5th at best IMO

Kcman
11-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Im soo proud off offenses sense steph and Grubbs out very good job!!! But on the question at hand i wouldn't trade chase at all if Alex goes down we can still win big with chase !!

Frankenchief
11-02-2015, 12:12 AM
^^It could happen, but where is the Chiefs #3 QB going to come from, is the next question. Bray is on IR.
We only had 2 QBs active today. So we will go into most remaining games with two anyway. We can sign an insurance QB like Ponder who is still unsigned.

Frankenchief
11-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Don't think Chase would bring a 2nd rounder. 5th at best IMO
chase can start for the Jets the rest of this year. They do not have a starter. They wouldn't want just anyone off the street. They could be desperate enough to part with their 2.

Or do they have a guard who can come in and start for us?

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM
The Jets lost 2 QBs today and they are hitting the phones to trade for a QB. I know it's risky for this season, but Chase Daniel's value will never be better than now. Would you do the trade if the Jets were desperate enough to offer, say, a 2nd rounder?

How about a starting guard?

This would require preparing Murray quickly to become Alex's back up, for better or worse.

Thoughts?

As you say, trading Daniel now would be a gamble. But being realistic I don't think it is that big a gamble. If we lose 2 more games we are pretty much out of contention for a Wild Card and while we could go on to win 8 of our remaining 9 games I think it's a longshot. So weighing all the options I think trading Daniel would be worthwhile IF we got good value for him...a starting guard or a 2cond or 3rd round pick. That said, the Jets are 4-3 and looking at their schedule I doubt they are going to win 6 of their remaining 9 games so they are probably out of the playoffs so I doubt they would gave enough in trade for Daniel. If they were sitting at say 5-2 I think they would give most anything to get a QB good enough to keep them winning.

Frankenchief
11-02-2015, 02:19 PM
The Jets would probably trade for RG3 before the do for Chase anyway. But I hear they are calling teams. In case they have called the Chiefs I really think Dorsey should listen.

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2015, 03:42 PM
The Jets would probably trade for RG3 before the do for Chase anyway. But I hear they are calling teams. In case they have called the Chiefs I really think Dorsey should listen.

Completely agree! It costs nothing to listen to an offer and while it is risky I would have nothing against Dorsey pulling the trigger if the offer was right.

slc chief
11-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Adam schefter is throwing around a scenerio where we trade Daniel for rg3 straight across.

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Adam schefter is throwing around a scenerio where we trade Daniel for rg3 straight across.

I can't imagine that happening. RGIII is probably all done, but we are done with Daniel after this year anyways so why not.

slc chief
11-02-2015, 09:30 PM
I can't imagine that happening.
I wouldn't be a fan of it. But it would be a wash out. Daniel is most likely going to land with another team this off season. So of it did it wouldn't be the end of the world

Frankenchief
11-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Heh. I was ahead of the curve, wasn't I. I can't see any incentive on either side for the Chase/RG3 trade though.

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Perhaps after tonight the Colts will trade Andrew Luck straight up for Chase Daniel. LOL!!!!

ctchiefsfan
11-02-2015, 11:04 PM
YUP!!!! Colts might even give us Luck and a draft pick for Daniel! LOL

Kcman
11-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Adam schefter a dumb he also says Dj to packers and tamba to falcons and sean smith to patriots like are season over piss on him!!!!

Kcman
11-02-2015, 11:31 PM
RG3 a joke i wouldnt give a peace of bubble gum for him some people rly!!

slc chief
11-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Adam schefter a dumb he also says Dj to packers and tamba to falcons and sean smith to patriots like are season over piss on him!!!!
Welcome to the forum but chill out half of these trade rumors are done in fun