PDA

View Full Version : Post-game observations on the Donks' Little Big Horn

Frankenchief
11-15-2015, 09:13 PM
In no particular order of importance:

1- Starring Peyton Manning as Col. Custer, and the Chiefs as the Sioux. The Peyton Manning curse on the Chiefs is over. Very satisfying win. It's not like we have never beaten the Donks in Pile high. It's just that this one was against Manning. When the legendary QB lied down on the turf upon seeing yet another rush, it's clear that we lived in his head. When you realize the legendary QB had 4 picks against 5 completions, you know he is owned. And when said legendary QB is yanked from the game in the 3rd quarter due to no injury you know he is as good as gone. I have never disliked the guy as a person. He is a rather likable dude, but i have hated him as a Donk. GOOD RIDDANCE!

2- This was the statement game against Peyton that the Chiefs had planned in week 2. When that game went south, mostly due to our own screw ups and the absence of one Sean Smith it got into the players head and for all practical purposes ruined our season. Good to get a measure of satisfaction back by finally having our "statement game" against them. Sadly we did lose a shut out against the Donks, but, think about it, we shut out the Peyton-led Donks.

3- Did I hear somebody say "Statement Game?" Statement games end in one side scoring 40+ points while holding the victim to zero or single digit. This had the feel of a statement game but we still sputtered on offense when it came to finishing drives. Five fairly long field goals out of 6 testifies to the fact that we still don't have an offense that's worthy of playoff games. We were crisp in the first drive and a half. Then we bogged down and accepted field goals. That's not very comforting. How many times did we get the ball around midfield and wasted it? In the middle of the 3rd period the pattern was clearly no yards or only 1 on the first down followed by a try up the clogged middle for another zero or 1 yard. with the exception of the 80 yard pass/play score to West, it's hard to remember any consistency in our offense. In fact, late in the 3rd quarter on, Alex was reverting to the nervous bad passes or throwing the ball away with no creativity. That's not a good sign. With our D getting a bit tired in the thin Denver weather, back up Assweider drives their team, garbage time notwithstanding, to two TDs. That's one more real TD drive than we had. No sir, our O is still lacking.

4- Expanding on a theme in #3 this disturbing thought gnaws at me: What would happen if Peyton was yanked earlier and replaced by Asswider? Would the game be dangerously close then? We did not have a brilliant 2nd half, you know.

5- I did not bother focusing on Fisher and the rest of the Oline. I'm satisfied we have one now, although I might have to reconsider that notion due to #3.

6- This was by no means a clean game. We still shot ourselves in the foot with unnecessary penalties. The worst of them was when Alex scrambled for 16 yards on 3rd and 8 and Ja Reid decided that it was a great time to dive full body force onto Von Miller whom he had already pushed to the ground. FREAKING STUPID!!!

7- THIS D CAME TO PLAY! They came to punish, and they accomplished that. Kudos to the entire D. I would like to single out 22 Marcus Peters for his ball hawk attitude and for frustrating Demaryius Thomas, one of the best WRs in the game. Also worth mentioning is the importance of Sean Smith on the field which closed the big hole that Peyton abused in week 2.

8- I do not wish for injury to people but if they have to happen I have 3 candidates among NFL players that I get a little spark of satisfaction when something happens to them. Ben rapistberger, Phylis Rivers, and last but not least, Emanuel Sanders. My personal hatred of Sanders is for the cheap way he treated KC by doing a handshake only to sneak over to the Donks and sign with them. So I admit, there was some of that spark of satisfaction when we knocked him out of the game.

9- I'm not a big fan of our all white road uniforms. But the red sox made a hell of a difference. They broke up the boring generic white and provided were a nice compliment to the red helmets at the top. I can definitely live with that as a good alternative to the red road pants. We have good looking unis. One of the classic best in the NFL.

10- Next week on to the insides of Phylis Rivers head. We have shown in the past we can get into his noggin. GO CHIEFS!

Chiefs4life24
11-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Alex Smith has completed 228 passes without an INT, most in the NFL this year and 2nd all-time for #Chiefs behind DeBerg (233 in 1990).

Chiefs4life24
11-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Von Miller deserved every bit of what he got have no problem with what he did

Chiefs4life24
11-15-2015, 09:23 PM
@ESPNStatsInfo: Manning was 1-of-14 (7.1%) for 17 yards and 4 interceptions on throws more than 5 yards, worst for any QB last 10 years

doobs_05
11-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Glad we finally beat a Manning led bronco team

Tho it was a lesser manning

Eydugstr
11-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Really the only thing that held us up from REALLY tearing into the Broncos was the misfires (erratic passes/drops) on offense. If Smith had been able to connect with Avant, Wilson or Kelce a bit better this game would've really been lopsided.

Frankenchief
11-15-2015, 11:58 PM
I disagree. That was a very important first down that became 3rd and something like 23 due to Ja reid getting stupid.

If Miller deserved something, Reid should have applied it legally by outplaying him. At best that looked like a frustration foul by a lower ranked player unloading on the other guy because he got his one chance.

Chiefs4life24
11-16-2015, 12:03 AM
you would probably be the only one on here that disagrees about the Jah Reid Penalty, that was the greatest penalty ive ever seen

Frankenchief
11-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Really the only thing that held us up from REALLY tearing into the Broncos was the misfires (erratic passes/drops) on offense. If Smith had been able to connect with Avant, Wilson or Kelce a bit better this game would've really been lopsided.
Yes. And this is why I call this game as a half-statement game. The D made their 'statement.' The O really didn't.

Kcman
11-16-2015, 02:45 AM
Lol i agree i know the penalty sucked butt von miller deserved it no pity from me!!! Lol i love how this o-line plays !!! With much attitude!!! Hope grubbs stay away with steph!! Keep this same o-line plz!!!! And i pray sean smith ok we better sighn him next year and find more depth just incase petter or smith go down back there cooper and flemming not very good cooper much worst then flemming i m still dont understand why he still on team?? Anyone watch playoff game vs colts ?? The guy is complete garbage..

Eydugstr
11-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Yes. And this is why I call this game as a half-statement game. The D made their 'statement.' The O really didn't.

Wouldn't call it a complete bust on offense...The offense did consistently drive down the field enough to put Santos in a position to make FG's against a very highly rated D.

Chiefs4life24
11-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Denver's Peyton Manning has torn plantar fascia in right foot, league sources tell ESPN. Manning was battling plantar fasciitis; worsened.

Whatever the hell that kind of injury is??

doobs_05
11-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Denver's Peyton Manning has torn plantar fascia in right foot, league sources tell ESPN. Manning was battling plantar fasciitis; worsened.

Whatever the hell that kind of injury is??

Plantar fasciitis, also known as plantar fasciosis or jogger's heel, is a disorder that results in pain in the heel and bottom of the foot.[1] The pain is usually most severe with the first steps of the day or following a period of rest.[2] Pain is also frequently brought on by bending the foot and toes up towards the shin and may be worsened by a tight Achilles tendon.[2][3] The condition typically comes on slowly.[3] In about a third of people both sides are affected.[1] Typically there are no fevers or night sweats.[3]

TopekaRoy
11-16-2015, 10:24 AM
The high number of FGs doesn't bother me as much as it bothers, seemingly, everybody else. Keep in mind that Denver has given up the fewest yards of any team in the NFL and the 3rd fewest points per game, even after their 2 losses.

You want every offensive drive to end in points. Touchdowns are great but a field goal is still a "win" in my opinion. It beats the heck out of a punt or a turnover, that's for sure. At the end of the day, it's total points that count. It makes no difference how those points were obtained.

The Chiefs had 7 scoring drives, yesterday, against a team that gives up only 18.7 ppg. That's outstanding. Over the last 3 games (all wins) the Chiefs have averaged 32.3 ppg. That would put them 3rd over the course of the entire season, so far, and it has moved the Chiefs up to 10th in points per game overall at 24.9.

Keep in mind that the Chiefs also had 7 scoring drives against the Lions, but instead of scoring 5 FGs and 2 TDs, they scored 6 TDs and 1 FG. That is the difference between facing a great defense and a lowsy one.

Over the last 7 weeks of the season, the Chiefs have the easiest schedule in the NFL, in terms of opponents wins and losses. I fully expect the ratio of TDs to FGs to improve.

By the way, Carlos Santos is now the 3rd highest scorer in the NFL at just over 9 ppg. Don't discount the value of a field goal.

Chiefs4life24
11-16-2015, 10:28 AM
Plantar fasciitis, also known as plantar fasciosis or jogger's heel, is a disorder that results in pain in the heel and bottom of the foot.[1] The pain is usually most severe with the first steps of the day or following a period of rest.[2] Pain is also frequently brought on by bending the foot and toes up towards the shin and may be worsened by a tight Achilles tendon.[2][3] The condition typically comes on slowly.[3] In about a third of people both sides are affected.[1] Typically there are no fevers or night sweats.[3]

Thank you doobs I've never heard of that before

TopekaRoy
11-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Thank you doobs I've never heard of that before

I've known about plantar fasciitis for several years now, only because Bulls center Joakim Noah has been dealing with it for almost his entire NBA career. It can be very painful and takes a very long time to "heal." (pun partially intended!)

ctchiefsfan
11-16-2015, 12:55 PM

I disagree. That was a very important first down that became 3rd and something like 23 due to Ja reid getting stupid.

If Miller deserved something, Reid should have applied it legally by outplaying him. At best that looked like a frustration foul by a lower ranked player unloading on the other guy because he got his one chance.

If I may I'll make a comment on the penalty against Ja Reid....

As I said in a thread before the game, I WANTED us to lay a few really viscous hits on some of the donks. Penalty be damned. So from that point of view I am GLAD it was done.

On the other hand, the timing was REALLY POOR. If you are going to make a premeditated "statement hit" (and I get the impression that is what this hit was) then you choose a time to do it when the harm to the team will be minimized.

In summary, I'm THRILLED Ja Reid did it. Especially to Von Miller. But I REALLY wish he had put some more thought into WHEN to do it.

brdempsey69
11-16-2015, 02:18 PM
If I may I'll make a comment on the penalty against Ja Reid....

As I said in a thread before the game, I WANTED us to lay a few really viscous hits on some of the donks. Penalty be damned. So from that point of view I am GLAD it was done.

On the other hand, the timing was REALLY POOR. If you are going to make a premeditated "statement hit" (and I get the impression that is what this hit was) then you choose a time to do it when the harm to the team will be minimized.

In summary, I'm THRILLED Ja Reid did it. Especially to Von Miller. But I REALLY wish he had put some more thought into WHEN to do it.

I'm also pleased to see Jah Reid show some nasty, as did Eric Fisher on the Chiefs first Offensive play when Fisher got right up in Malik Jackson's face after the play was over & challenged him like he was ready to fight him right on the spot.

The O-Line played much better in this 2nd game, there were no turnovers to give Denver any opportunities, and Manning never crossed the 50-yard line. Offense was somewhat conservative, but they did the right thing staying patient & then hitting the big play at the right time to nail the coffin shut.

That Thursday night debacle was gut-wrenching for us, but yesterdays game was far, far worse for Donkeys fans, as they never dreamed the Chiefs would come into their park and beat them like that.