PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Ware Update

Chiefs4life24
12-21-2015, 01:43 PM
His injury shouldn't hinder him too much, he is fighting separated cartilage in his ribs, but should practice this week

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 02:20 PM
I think Ware was active yesterday but I don't know if he played. Don't think so though. I heard during the leadup to the game that the plan was to use him sparingly and only if needed. I get the impression Reid is trying to give dinged up players all the rest he can in an effort to get us healthy if we make the playoffs.

Almighty chief
12-21-2015, 02:20 PM
i say let him heal.. let KD fill in.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 02:26 PM
i say let him heal.. let KD fill in.

I agree. But I like having him active so that if West goes down we still have Ware. Ware is a different kind of runner than West or JC. Not as fast or shifty but he can really pound it out and he seems to get better the more carries he gets. Reminds me a little of John Riggins.

brdempsey69
12-21-2015, 03:55 PM
I agree. But I like having him active so that if West goes down we still have Ware. Ware is a different kind of runner than West or JC. Not as fast or shifty but he can really pound it out and he seems to get better the more carries he gets. Reminds me a little of John Riggins.

Good comparison. Ware is a grind it out type like Riggins, that will occasionally pop a big one.

Frankenchief
12-21-2015, 03:58 PM
In Ware's absence, can we try Sherman in that role? A fullback is after all a RB.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Good comparison. Ware is a grind it out type like Riggins, that will occasionally pop a big one.

Thanks Demps. I lived in the DC area for 22 years and throughout Riggins time there so I saw a LOT of him. He would absolutely RUIN defenses in the 4th quarter. The Redskins almost never lost when he got over 30 carries in a game. And when you wanted a long time-eating drive in the 4th quarter Riggins was who you turned to. West and JC are GREAT running backs and can do amazing things, but it's a great thing to have a bulldozer type RB too.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 05:12 PM
In Ware's absence, can we try Sherman in that role? A fullback is after all a RB.

I really don't know enough about Sherman to answer that question, but for certain a FB *should* be able to run behind this O-line. Our O-line could still stand some improvement at pass blocking but I think that the success West and Ware have had shows pretty clearly that our O-line can do some damned fine run blocking.

brdempsey69
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks Demps. I lived in the DC area for 22 years and throughout Riggins time there so I saw a LOT of him. He would absolutely RUIN defenses in the 4th quarter. The Redskins almost never lost when he got over 30 carries in a game. And when you wanted a long time-eating drive in the 4th quarter Riggins was who you turned to. West and JC are GREAT running backs and can do amazing things, but it's a great thing to have a bulldozer type RB too.

Overall, what Ware has brought to the table was the missing element that nobody suspected. And that is, the power RB that can effectively grind out yards for you when you need it most, especially in the 4th QTR.

I do not know what will become of JC, but we do know that Ware and West MUST stay & there is no getting around that, as both are very good pass-blockers & GREAT fits for Andy Reid's Offense.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Hard to say it, but Ware and West cost us less combined than JC.....and we have a lot of cash problems coming up with our Defense. Hard choices coming up after this season.