PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Ravens game....

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Frankenchief does a better job of this than I do, but he said he can't do it this week so I'll do my feeble best.

#1) Marcus Peters...JUST AMAZING!!!! Dorsey's other 2 first round picks may be taking a while to develop but Peters surely isn't! 7 picks. 2 pick-6. 20-something passes defended. This kid is PHENOMENAL! Does he get beat sometimes? Sure he does. He's a rookie. But he is going to be AMAZING!

#2) Tyvon Branch...."I love it when a plan comes together". Once again Dorsey grabs someone off the scrap heap and he turns out to be a real contributor. Especially sweet since he is an ex-Raider.

#3) Alex Smith...21-25, 171 yards, 0 INT, 1 TD. He won't go down in history as one of the "Greats" but he is a very good QB. He doesn't make mistakes that cost games and his running ability keeps enemy defenses off-balance. The replacement of Bowe with Maclin has made Alex a much more multi-dimensional threat. His medium to long ball game has gone WAY UP. Alex already has very close to 3,600 combined yards and will probably end up right around 4,000 for the season. His best year ever. We'd all like to see a truly amazing QB on the Chiefs roster, but at the time we got him he was FAR AND AWAY the best option available.

#4) Santos.....He's had a tough couple of weeks but that 53 yard field goal was GREAT! His longest ever and it came at a critical moment. GOOD JOB! Hopefully he will be on a streak if we get into the playoffs.

#5) Dee Ford....He didn't do as well as last week but he made some fine plays. He is going to turn out just fine. I just hope we get Tamba back for one more season. He's a great mentor to Ford.

#6) Tamba...FINE GAME. I think the loss of Houston is tiring him out though so I hope that when we get ahead in the next two games we'll find a way to give him some rest. We'll need him at his best if we make the Playoffs.

#7) Kelce....After a rough game last week he did well against the Ravens.

OK....that is all I can think of at the moment. Like I said, I'm not as good at this as Frankenchief....I just get too excited during the game to really keep track of how individual players are doing.

Hope everybody will expand on this with your own observations.

Frankenchief
12-21-2015, 03:57 PM
You flatter me ctchiefsfan. Good job.

Tyvon Branch, I think (I may be wrong) is in a contract year. I would try to extend him if I'm Dorsey and he Branch's price is reasonable. He seems to be around the ball a lot.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 04:30 PM
You flatter me ctchiefsfan. Good job.

Tyvon Branch, I think (I may be wrong) is in a contract year. I would try to extend him if I'm Dorsey and he Branch's price is reasonable. He seems to be around the ball a lot.

Not a matter of flattery. Your after game threads are EXCEPTIONAL!

Yes. Branch was signed for a 1 year "prove it" contract at $2.1 million with substantial additional incentives. http://overthecap.com/player/tyvon-branch/1304/

We have darned near the best defense in the NFL, but a lot of those players are in contract years. Dorsey is going to have to make some TOUGH decisions. I just hope he can keep most of this Defensive group together and replace those we lose with more of these "scrap heap guys" that he seems to do well at finding. Hoping EB will show the Chiefs the same LOYALTY we showed him.

brdempsey69
12-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Anybody else notice that LDT has slowly improved at the RG position as the weeks have gone by. We also need to get Jeff Allen back healthy. This off-season, the Chiefs will need another Tackle and a pair of Guards, as I believe that Zach Fulton is better served playing Center than Guard.

Seek
12-22-2015, 09:22 AM
I loved the Branch signing when it happened. I recalled hearing his name called a lot when he was a Raider. Thinking damn the Raiders got a good young Safety. I remember him being a hard hitting safety.

ctchiefsfan
12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
I loved the Branch signing when it happened. I recalled hearing his name called a lot when he was a Raider. Thinking damn the Raiders got a good young Safety. I remember him being a hard hitting safety.

He was good enough that I believe they hit him with the franchise tag once. Branch was one of Dorsey's better scrap heap pickups.

jason1981
12-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Kelce had an ok game. If he wants to be compqred to geonk then he needs to do more than that in a game and more consistent. It was juwt an average game for him.

Kcman
12-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Very nice ctc !! With alex wasn't rly happy with his game play this week .... Baltimore has one of the worst D against the pass and one of the best against the run.. That being said there were a lot of open wr!!! And Alex decided to run the ball!! Now to andy play calling ugh another disappointing day just like i said a min ago Baltimore has one of the best run stoping D and one of the worst pass stoping D .. And andy ran the ball all game!!! Wth!!! And i got excited thought andy stopped taking his foot off gas petal once again he shows he did again 3rd and 7 we run the ball take the fg (-- wth!!! I hate that very poor play calling!!! If wasn't for petters and D we could have lost against Baltimore .. And thats just horrible this O needs to get going now andy needs keep his foot on gas petal and attack apposing. Team weakness i felt he attacked there strength !! Ok now my man kelce if he wants to be one of the greats he needs to learn how to block as a TE!!.. Ok dun with my rant ...

Kcman
12-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Dee ford needs to step it up this week #91 and #50 out this week

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2015, 03:26 PM
That's NOT good news!

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2015, 03:52 PM
DAT also out for non football reasons

Kcman
12-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Wow thought dat finally past protacal this week..after a month now he out again.. 8-/ ..

Chiefs4life24
12-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Could be anything someone in his family could've died

ctchiefsfan
12-26-2015, 10:51 PM
Hope it is not something stupid. We don't need stupid right now. We need concentration and determination.