PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about a few things

matthewschiefs
12-21-2015, 06:31 PM
First With yesterdays win by the Chiefs the Chiefs will now have there 3rd straight winning season. This is the first time since the 90s that has happened for the Chiefs. After being to the abyss a couple of times first under Herm and Cp then Romeo and Pioli the CHIEFS ARE BACK

After yesterdays game Jermey Maclin is just 15 yards away from a 1,000 yard season. Unless he goes all 2015 Dwayne Bowe the next 2 weeks he should be the first WR to have a 1,000 for Alex Smith. Anther thing that can finally be put to bed.

It has been noted before but I don't think we can talk about it enough. What a job by Mr. John Dorsey. This goes well past the move for Maclin. But lets look at all the guys that no one thought about being anything that he has brought in that have helped. Tyvon Branch is the lastest example. The last 2 games he has made some plays and big plays. Anther is Anthony Sherman if you go back and watch the long TD run you see him throw a BIG key block that allowed the run to happen. Albert Wilson had a great game last week and saved us from a huge turnover on Maclin's fumble yesterday. You add the draft picks he has brought in. Dorsey came in with no nearly as much fan fare as Piloi but he has done 10xs the job. Keep this guy as long as you can. Well as long as he's winning.

I mentioned Bowe he comes back to KC this weekend. Close all Sonic drive thrus :)
It's a fear that coming back will give Mr.Bowe some motivation. When he has motivation he can be an impact player. He just doesn't have the motivation very often.

What an amazing year it has been for the Chiefs. Lets keep it going this week. The chiefs win most likely clinches a playoff spot. As I don't see the pats losing to the Jets. But it all starts with a Chiefs win. I don't want to give Oakland something to play for week 17 That I don't think would be good news for the Chiefs

brdempsey69
12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Here's what I posted in another thread:

If the Chiefs beat the Browns and the Jets lose to NE, then the season final against Oakland is no longer a "must win" game, as the Chiefs would be guaranteed a play-off slot.

Then it raises the question. Does Andy Reid do like he did at the end of the 2013 season & play all his backups and rest his starters to make sure he has them ready for the post-season? Or does he put all his stock into that regular season final? I suppose a legit case can be made for either scenario, but personally, I'd rather that Andy Reid did the former (same as he did in 2013), because if the Chiefs win one of their remaining two games and Donks lose both of their remaining games, the Chiefs still win the AFC West.

The "must-win" game clearly is the Cleveland game coming up & the Chiefs must treat it like a playoff game.

A very realistic scenario, indeed, and the best case scenario is that the Oakland game doesn't boil down to a "must win" game.

slc chief
12-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Cleveland does have some talent. A mobile qb and they love the screen game so we must stop both of those. They do miss alot of tackles on defense but the bowe factor definitely could come into play he has more reps with manzele than anybody probably and possible motivation

brdempsey69
12-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Cleveland does have some talent. A mobile qb and they love the screen game so we must stop both of those. They do miss alot of tackles on defense but the bowe factor definitely could come into play he has more reps with manzele than anybody probably and possible motivation

That's right & Cleveland is not weak in their Offensive Line or Defensive Front 7, either.

ctchiefsfan
12-21-2015, 09:49 PM
A bunch of posts made by people that have their eye on the prize---MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and get into a WHOLE NEW SEASON!!!!

This Chiefs team can go deep into the playoffs and maybe to the big game. We have the talent and we have a TEAM that is better than the sum of it's parts. But thanks to the 1-5 start we have ZERO margin for error. We just have to keep winning until that playoff berth is secure and with a little help from the Pats the Browns game is the place to GIT-R-DONE!!! I'd rather a playoff berth wasn't on the line when we face the Raiders in week 17. I'd prefer that game didn't matter all that much.

Can we win the West? Sure. It could happen but we need to forget about that and just concentrate on winning each and every game until we have AT LEAST secured a playoff berth. We control our own destiny as far as making the playoffs are concerned. Winning the division requires help that we can't control. So focus on that Wildcard slot and let the chips fall as they may.

Gentlemen....our Chiefs are poised on the edge of GREATNESS. We just have to keep on winning....ONE GAME AT A TIME.

CincyChiefsFan
12-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Even if we have clinched a playoff birth after this weekend I still think we go all in against Oakland as there will be a HUGE difference between getting in as the 5th or 3rd seed vs. the 6th seed in this playoff field. But first things first, let's take care of business against the Brownies, who always give us trouble for whatever reason.

ctchiefsfan
12-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Even if we have clinched a playoff birth after this weekend I still think we go all in against Oakland as there will be a HUGE difference between getting in as the 5th or 3rd seed vs. the 6th seed in this playoff field. But first things first, let's take care of business against the Brownies, who always give us trouble for whatever reason.

I agree about going all out against Oakland, but for somewhat different reasons. I think it would be TERRIBLE to win 9 in a row after a 1-5 start and then lose our last game before the playoffs. IF we win against Cleveland and IF the Patriots help us out and knock off the Jets then I think the Oakland game becomes a "must win" just as a matter of keeping the MOMENTUM going.

CincyChiefsFan
12-22-2015, 03:20 PM
I agree about going all out against Oakland, but for somewhat different reasons. I think it would be TERRIBLE to win 9 in a row after a 1-5 start and then lose our last game before the playoffs. IF we win against Cleveland and IF the Patriots help us out and knock off the Jets then I think the Oakland game becomes a "must win" just as a matter of keeping the MOMENTUM going.

Agreed. I don't want to see a repeat of the ending of the 2010 season when Oakland roughed us up in the last game and sent us into the playoffs on a tailspin.

ctchiefsfan
12-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Agreed. I don't want to see a repeat of the ending of the 2010 season when Oakland roughed us up in the last game and sent us into the playoffs on a tailspin.

EXACTLY!!! We just have to KEEP WINNING! One game at a time. If we can win 10 in a row, make the playoffs and break the curse then we would be VERY TOUGH TO STOP.

TopekaRoy
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM

I really don't think we have a choice. If we tie with Denver we win the division and we are a game behind them. Only 4 things can happen, this Sunday.

1. Chiefs win, Donks win. We still have a chance to win the division if we win against Oakland and the Donks lose.

2. Chiefs win, Donks lose. Now we are tied for the division lead. We can't risk losing our last game because if Denver wins, they win the division.

3. Chiefs lose, Donks lose. We are still a game behind, but if we win in week 17 and the Donks lose, again, we win the division.

4. Chiefs lose, Donks win. Now we can't win the division, but in scenarios 3 and 4 we will be fighting for a wildcard (probably) with the Steelers and/or the Jets. Lose 2 in a row and we could miss the playoffs completely.

Regardless of what happens this week, we have to play to win against the Raiders. We will either be battling for the 2 or 3 seed, or fighting for a playoff spot. Even if we clinch this week, we can't just let the Broncos win the division when we have a chance to take it from them!

ctchiefsfan
12-22-2015, 04:42 PM
I really don't think we have a choice. If we tie with Denver we win the division and we are a game behind them. Only 4 things can happen, this Sunday.

1. Chiefs win, Donks win. We still have a chance to win the division if we win against Oakland and the Donks lose.

2. Chiefs win, Donks lose. Now we are tied for the division lead. We can't risk losing our last game because if Denver wins, they win the division.

3. Chiefs lose, Donks lose. We are still a game behind, but if we win in week 17 and the Donks lose, again, we win the division.

4. Chiefs lose, Donks win. Now we can't win the division, but in scenarios 3 and 4 we will be fighting for a wildcard (probably) with the Steelers and/or the Jets. Lose 2 in a row and we could miss the playoffs completely.

Regardless of what happens this week, we have to play to win against the Raiders. We will either be battling for the 2 or 3 seed, or fighting for a playoff spot. Even if we clinch this week, we can't just let the Broncos win the division when we have a chance to take it from them!

​You said it all Roy!!! WE MUST BEAT THE RAIDERS!!! And the Browns too.

NJChiefs
12-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Now this is a trip. We have a 95.8% chance of making the playoffs. The Donkeys have a 90.1% chance. Hah!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds