PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs - Raiders news

Chiefs4life24
12-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Terez Paylor reports the game has been flexed to 3:25 pm

TopekaRoy
12-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Excellent. Now the Donks won't be able to rest their starters.

ctchiefsfan
12-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Excellent. Now the Donks won't be able to rest their starters.

Good point! This does force them to go all out.

Eydugstr
12-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Does anyone have the link to this? What does this have to do with the Broncos resting their starters?

Chiefs4life24
12-28-2015, 12:56 PM
NFL changes Raiders-Chiefs game time to match up with Broncos game
By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Dec 28, 2015, 6:18a 62

 TWEET SHARE (2010)
The Kansas City Chiefs final regular season game of the year has been flexed back to the late afternoon time slot.

The game was previously scheduled for 12 p.m. (Arrowhead Time) but was moved back so that they play at the same time as the Denver Broncos.

The AFC West is still up for grabs so the NFL wanted both the Chiefs and Broncos to play at the same time so neither side would be able to gain an advantage and potentially rest starters. For example, if the Chiefs played the early game and lost then the Broncos would win the AFC West and have no need to play for anything on Sunday afternoon. Playing the games at the same time is the NFL's way of ensuring that we will see two games that matter.

The most likely path for the Chiefs to win the AFC West would be winning in Week 17 while seeing the Broncos lose to either the Bengals on Monday Night Football this week or against the Chargers next week.

Drama in the AFC West coming to a stadium near you!

Chiefs4life24
12-28-2015, 01:29 PM
This is the right desicion

Andy Reid says the #Chiefs will prep themselves to play the Raiders. Does not care about all the playoff scenarios.

kcvet
12-28-2015, 05:58 PM
both on diff or same channels ?? ill have to check the schedule

brdempsey69
12-28-2015, 06:12 PM
both on diff or same channels ?? ill have to check the schedule

CBS, I believe will be carrying both games, so one would need two different CBS feeds from different parts of the country to flip back and forth between the two games.

kcvet
12-28-2015, 06:18 PM
CBS, I believe will be carrying both games, so one would need two different CBS feeds from different parts of the country to flip back and forth between the two games.

that blows. we have a contract with CBS to carry all Chief games here in KC

brantcanchiefsfan
12-28-2015, 06:45 PM
NFL.com says that the Chiefs will be on Fox and Donkeys on CBS

brdempsey69
12-28-2015, 06:57 PM
NFL.com says that the Chiefs will be on Fox and Donkeys on CBS

I believe you are right. I believe I did see a telecast of an AFC game on FOX earlier this year & remembered thinking "isn't FOX supposed to only televise NFC games?".

Eydugstr
12-28-2015, 07:02 PM
nfl changes raiders-chiefs game time to match up with broncos game
by joel thorman  @joelthorman on dec 28, 2015, 6:18a 62

 tweet share (2010)
the kansas city chiefs final regular season game of the year has been flexed back to the late afternoon time slot.

The game was previously scheduled for 12 p.m. (arrowhead time) but was moved back so that they play at the same time as the denver broncos.

The afc west is still up for grabs so the nfl wanted both the chiefs and broncos to play at the same time so neither side would be able to gain an advantage and potentially rest starters. For example, if the chiefs played the early game and lost then the broncos would win the afc west and have no need to play for anything on sunday afternoon. Playing the games at the same time is the nfl's way of ensuring that we will see two games that matter.

The most likely path for the chiefs to win the afc west would be winning in week 17 while seeing the broncos lose to either the bengals on monday night football this week or against the chargers next week.

Drama in the afc west coming to a stadium near you!

ty, c4l.

Eydugstr
12-28-2015, 07:03 PM
I believe you are right. I believe I did see a telecast of an AFC game on FOX earlier this year & remembered thinking "isn't FOX supposed to only televise NFC games?".

I thought that too - maybe it's just a goofup, but it's posted on the website as being televised by FOX. Brace yourself for animated robots.

kcvet
12-28-2015, 07:07 PM
I had to check my channel line up but we are on Fox and the Donks on CBS cool

ctchiefsfan
12-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Does anyone have the link to this? What does this have to do with the Broncos resting their starters?

Since the Broncos and Chiefs games will both be late games at the same time, the Broncos won't have the luxury of seeing what the Chiefs do before they decide whether to rest their starters or go all out. Had the Chiefs game been an early game the Broncos could have made a decision based on the result of the Chiefs game.

Since we hold the tie-breaker on the donks had we lost to the Raiders they could have rested their starters and still won the Division, but with the Chiefs holding the tie-breaker not knowing in advance what the Chiefs have done will force the Broncos to play their starters.

Eydugstr
12-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Since the Broncos and Chiefs games will both be late games at the same time, the Broncos won't have the luxury of seeing what the Chiefs do before they decide whether to rest their starters or go all out. Had the Chiefs game been an early game the Broncos could have made a decision based on the result of the Chiefs game.

Since we hold the tie-breaker on the donks had we lost to the Raiders they could have rested their starters and still won the Division, but with the Chiefs holding the tie-breaker not knowing in advance what the Chiefs have done will force the Broncos to play their starters.

Ty, ctc. When C4L pasted the story, the light bulb finally came on...Very glad they made that move.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2015, 12:52 AM
Ty, ctc. When C4L pasted the story, the light bulb finally came on...Very glad they made that move.

Sorry I missed C4L's post. He explained it far better than I did.

TopekaRoy
12-29-2015, 03:23 AM
I'm pretty sure it is because the Chiefs game was "flexed" into the later time slot, and Fox has the national "game of the week," this week. Had the game been played at 12:00 as originally scheduled, it would have been on CBS.

This is done occasionally when one network or the other doesn't have any quality late games scheduled. It results in better overall cumulative ratings for the NFL and with revenue sharing that benefits all teams.

Eydugstr
12-29-2015, 06:11 AM
Sorry I missed C4L's post. He explained it far better than I did.

It's all good - Hey, I asked a question, got an answer!