PDA

View Full Version : Drinking

luv
10-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love me a good drink. What floors me is how people can get drunk everyday. Then, whenever they do something to make someone mad, they just write it off as it happening due to being drunk. I would say that's acceptable for those who don't get drunk that often. However, if you're drunk all the time, then you should be held responsible for those actions. Just my opinion.

I love to get drunk. I'm a social drinker, though. If I'm drinking at home, then it's usually just one or two beers or mixed drinks. Very rarely do I get drunk when I'm by myself. I have, but just not that often. If I was at home, getting drunk by myself all the time, then I would say I have a dependency problem.

I have no clue why I'm posting this. It's not football, ut it's just something on my mind. No offense intended.

rbedgood
10-30-2007, 02:38 AM
None taken, but most nights (including tonight) I'm working on a 6 pack of Coke Zero. I am an infrequent drinker...and when I do drink it's usually with family or close friends in moderation...realize moderation when you weigh in around 300 lbs is more than most people.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love me a good drink. What floors me is how people can get drunk everyday. Then, whenever they do something to make someone mad, they just write it off as it happening due to being drunk. I would say that's acceptable for those who don't get drunk that often. However, if you're drunk all the time, then you should be held responsible for those actions. Just my opinion.

I love to get drunk. I'm a social drinker, though. If I'm drinking at home, then it's usually just one or two beers or mixed drinks. Very rarely do I get drunk when I'm by myself. I have, but just not that often. If I was at home, getting drunk by myself all the time, then I would say I have a dependency problem.

I have no clue why I'm posting this. It's not football, ut it's just something on my mind. No offense intended.

You got your problems, I got mine.

:toast2:

Canada
10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not touching this one, but I wouldn't judge too many people if I were you!

Chiefster
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
None taken, but most nights (including tonight) I'm working on a 6 pack of Coke Zero. I am an infrequent drinker...and when I do drink it's usually with family or close friends in moderation...realize moderation when you weigh in around 300 lbs is more than most people.

You should try Diet... :D

Canada
10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
You should try Diet... :D

Are you calling me fat??

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Are you calling me fat??

No he's calling the guy next to you in your sig fat!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-30-2007, 05:37 PM

First off, I think I am going to get involved with this since maybe some of this is directed towards me. In case no one knew, I like beer!! I mean I really like beer. I like it enough that when I get home after work I drink beer until I am legally drunk (not falling on the floor drunk) but I may slurr my speech a little while I say good night to my wife. Is this a dependancy problem? I don't think so...why are people so hung up on labelling drinkers?? If I have a beer in the morning it is bad because of the position of the sun?? Or if I drink alone then I have a problem because there are not other people sitting beside me? I do not get drunk and beat my wife and kids or drive my truck around town. Why should people who do not drink as much as me not be held responsible for their actions?? What if a someone who does not drink a lot gets drunk and drives their car home...are they less responsible for that than someone who is not a heavy drinker?? I work hard every day and I don't see a problem with coming home after work and having a few beers every day and getting drunk and watching football on the weekends. Just because you type no offence intended does not mean people will not feel insulted when classed as a drunk. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:44 PM
First off, I think I am going to get involved with this since maybe some of this is directed towards me. In case no one knew, I like beer!! I mean I really like beer. I like it enough that when I get home after work I drink beer until I am legally drunk (not falling on the floor drunk) but I may slurr my speech a little while I say good night to my wife. Is this a dependancy problem? I don't think so...why are people so hung up on labelling drinkers?? If I have a beer in the morning it is bad because of the position of the sun?? Or if I drink alone then I have a problem because there are not other people sitting beside me? I do not get drunk and beat my wife and kids or drive my truck around town. Why should people who do not drink as much as me not be held responsible for their actions?? What if a someone who does not drink a lot gets drunk and drives their car home...are they less responsible for that than someone who is not a heavy drinker?? I work hard every day and I don't see a problem with coming home after work and having a few beers every day and getting drunk and watching football on the weekends. Just because you type no offence intended does not mean people will not feel insulted when classed as a drunk. :bananen_smilies046:

Beer is my prozac.

Like I told luv before, you got your problems, I got mine.

:D

Canada
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
No he's calling the guy next to you in your sig fat!

that guy was fat!! Probably still is!! :lol:

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't drink all of the time, but there are nights that I sit and drink a beer with my fellow chiefscrowd. I am not a drunk and I am very responsible.... work full time and going to college and teaching obiedience classes. If it wasnt directed at anyone... then why start the thread? or are you sippin a few??

hermhater
10-31-2007, 12:38 AM
I don't drink all of the time, but there are nights that I sit and drink a beer with my fellow chiefscrowd. I am not a drunk and I am very responsible.... work full time and going to college and teaching obiedience classes. If it wasnt directed at anyone... then why start the thread? or are you sippin a few??

Good for you girl!

Being productive is not the antithesis of being a drinker!

:sign0098: :toast2:

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Sometimes drinking sparks my creativity too.... not only here, but in my online comp class... LOL ... I scored a 94 on my last essay and I know I had more than the legal limit that night.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 12:53 AM
I have analyzed this phenomenon nightly and realized for me that my most creative side comes out after beer 8 or 9 or 10.

After that I become rather longwinded, boring and unable to communicate.

I'm on 11 right now!

Heh! :D

McLovin
10-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Im going to throw the no offense in here but HH you get intolerable after too many beers, 30 posts of crap I would never want to see, and none of the Chiefs info we love from you.

Also remember when you reply to this fuzzy furry little kitties.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 01:00 AM
Im going to throw the no offense in here but HH you get intolerable after too many beers, 30 posts of crap I would never want to see, and none of the Chiefs info we love from you.

Also remember when you reply to this fuzzy furry little kitties.

My friend this is a thing of the past!

During your hiatus I was making amends with the Crowd.

I overstepped my bounds in many ways and have apologized many times...

I am a changed man!

(and no one took over hermhaters computer, this is me!)

McLovin
10-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Good you remembered the fuzzy furry little kittens in your reply :) Have a nice night.

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Its all good, just dont know why in the world somebody would post something about drinking - let alone beer on a FOOTBALL FAN SITE!!

hermhater
10-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Its all good, just dont know why in the world somebody would post something about drinking - let alone beer on a FOOTBALL FAN SITE!!

He was actually referring to some rather annoying posts I put on the site a bit ago, and have since decided not to do anymore after some good natured ribbing at my expense!

But I'm not gonna stop talking about beer...

There's a limit to a mans ability to contain himself...

:lol:

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 01:54 AM

i need a good beer or four at every chance i can get.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
i need a good beer or four at every chance i can get.

You two will get along well.

Let the Force be with you as you drink beer.

luv
10-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Exactly. Let's talk about FOOTBALL. I know there are threads about other stuff. It just seems like you can't go through any thread without someone mentioning beer, or being drunk, or buying beer, or planning on drinking beer, etc.

McLovin
10-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Exactly. Let's talk about FOOTBALL. I know there are threads about other stuff. It just seems like you can't go through any thread without someone mentioning beer, or being drunk, or buying beer, or planning on drinking beer, etc.

Ill drink to that.

OOOPS Not helpin am I Luv :P

luv
10-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Ill drink to that.

OOOPS Not helpin am I Luv :P
Eh. I'm just going to go along with what everyone says. You voice any opinions or thoughts that differ from what's popular, and you get mocked.

Guru
10-31-2007, 02:26 AM

I am the last barman poet / I see America drinking the fabulous ****tails I make / Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake / The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer. / I make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth. / I make drinks so sweet and snazzy / The iced tea / The kamakazi / The orgasm / The death spasm / The Singapore sling / The dingaling. / America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got / But if you want to got loaded / Why don't you just order a shot? / Bar is open.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:27 AM

For some reason that happens with football fans.

Go figure?

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:28 AM
I am the last barman poet / I see America drinking the fabulous ****tails I make / Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake / The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer. / I make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth. / I make drinks so sweet and snazzy / The iced tea / The kamakazi / The orgasm / The death spasm / The Singapore sling / The dingaling. / America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got / But if you want to got loaded / Why don't you just order a shot? / Bar is open.

YouTube - ****tail - The Last Barman Poet

YouTube - ****tail - Tom Cruise

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:30 AM

I'm not sure if you're a poet, but that sounds like a night on the town with me!

Also sounds like a song.

I have had everyone of those drinks also.

Never in the same night though.

That would be a good night!

OR DAY!

Guru
10-31-2007, 02:34 AM
YouTube - ****tail - The Last Barman Poet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZsiY9S4WpI)

YouTube - ****tail - Tom Cruise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbjzztYbUo)

May be a stupid movie but I still liked it. Course, I had a huge thing for Elizabeth Shue at the time too.:D

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:35 AM
May be a stupid movie but I still liked it. Course, I had a huge thing for Elizabeth Shue at the time too.:D

Twins....Drinks on the house...:yahoo:

Guru
10-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Twins....Drinks on the house...:yahoo:

You outwork, outthink, outscheme and outmanuever. You make no friends. You trust nobody. And you make damn sure you're the smartest guy in the room whenever the subject of money comes up.

luv
10-31-2007, 02:37 AM
For some reason that happens with football fans.

Go figure?

CHEERS!

:lol:

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 02:39 AM
hmmmm.... its 1:30 in the morning... of halloween.... 1st let me say happy halloween everyone.... anyone got any witches brew??? 2nd... are we still talking about drinking?

:mob: :lol:

rbedgood
The luck is gone, the brain is shot...ahhh...but the liquor we still got.

hermhater

This is not timely but I did too!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/401.jpg

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 02:40 AM
whoah HH this post went from rated G to PG-13

luv
10-31-2007, 02:41 AM
hmmmm.... its 1:30 in the morning... of halloween.... 1st let me say happy halloween everyone.... anyone got any witches brew??? 2nd... are we still talking about drinking?

I think it would be ironic to get off track on a drinking thread.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:41 AM

Good timing!

I am still drinking does that count?

BOOOOO!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/402.jpg

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:42 AM
whoah HH this post went from rated G to PG-13

Nahh, with all the beer/liquor references it was probably already PG...but I'd say with the see-through garments, we're looking at an R-rating on this one. As long as the powers to be don't deem it NC-17 HH should be fine.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:42 AM
I think it would be ironic to get off track on a drinking thread.

Huh?

We are still drinking right?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/402.jpg

luv
10-31-2007, 02:43 AM
Good timing!

I am still drinking does that count?

BOOOOO!

Have you ever been on here sober?

:lol: :beer: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:44 AM
Have you ever been sober?

:lol: :beer: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

FYP...

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:44 AM
I can repost my pictures of the jack-o-lanterns.

I haven't seen any others.

Does anyone else celebrate Halloween that espouses family values?

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 02:45 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/288.jpg

did anyone say drinks? DRINKS FOR EVERYONE!

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:47 AM
FYP...

I am an intellectual that has issues. I drink, therefore, I am.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/403.jpg

luv
10-31-2007, 02:47 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/288.jpg

did anyone say drinks? DRINKS FOR EVERYONE!
WOOHOO!! I'm getting trashed in the middle of the week!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Guru
10-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Coughlin's Law; Anything else is always something better.
Coughlin's Law; Bury the dead, they stink up the place.
Coughlin's law: never show surprise, never lose your cool.
Coughlin's law: never tell tales about a woman. No matter how far away she is, she'll always hear you.
Couglin's diet: ****tails and dreams.

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
We did our pumpkin decorating last Saturday as I'm out of town for the week. Since my son is only 3 and we wanted the pumpkins to still look decent by mid-week we went with the decal decorations. Worked out okay

Guru
10-31-2007, 02:53 AM
We did our pumpkin decorating last Saturday as I'm out of town for the week. Since my son is only 3 and we wanted the pumpkins to still look decent by mid-week we went with the decal decorations. Worked out okay

I was going to rep you for a great paint job, then I read your post.:11::D

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Here is a spooky story:

Chiefs embomb the packers.... Jarrod sacks farve so many times it creates a hole in the ground.... Hali rips off his arm in the process on stopping the pass and the spirit of dante envelopes drummond and he runs it back all the way!.... And all the chiefs get together for a BEER!:mob:

I could have gotten spookier, but then it was too scary

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:59 AM
Here is a spooky story:

Chiefs embomb the packers.... Jarrod sacks farve so many times it creates a hole in the ground.... Hali rips off his arm in the process on stopping the pass and the spirit of dante envelopes drummond and he runs it back all the way!.... And all the chiefs get together for a BEER!:mob:

I could have gotten spookier, but then it was too scary

Beer is good!

Drummond running it back all the way though is HEH!

Post some pictures of costumes!

:yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 03:01 AM
Beer is good!

Drummond running it back all the way though is HEH!

Post some pictures of costumes!

:yahoo:

heres a costume for ya.........MY BAD WRONG COSTUME

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/76782858.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935D3080936F032C37F91F4A5C7B106873 284831B75F48EF45

chief31
10-31-2007, 03:05 AM
Eh. I'm just going to go along with what everyone says. You voice any opinions or thoughts that differ from what's popular, and you get mocked.

It tends to happen if you keep your opinions to yourself too.

luv
10-31-2007, 03:07 AM

It tends to happen if you keep your opinions to yourself too.
:lol: :funnypost: :beer: :yahoo:

hermhater
10-31-2007, 03:08 AM
heres a costume for ya.........

http://ramsrevenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/holt3.bmp

I don't root for the rams unless they are in it and the Chiefs are out.

Missouri thing and all.

luv
10-31-2007, 03:10 AM
I don't root for the rams unless they are in it and the Chiefs are out.

Missouri thing and all.
BLASPHEMY! Kansas citians (or whatever you're called) hate EVERYTHING St Louis. At least, that's what I've heard.
:bananen_smilies046: :toast2: :beer:

Guru
10-31-2007, 03:10 AM
I have never rooted for the Rams. And NEVER will.

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 03:11 AM
BLASPHEMY! Kansas citians (or whatever you're called) hate EVERYTHING St Louis. At least, that's what I've heard.

we hate them they hate us. and the world spins.:11:

Guru
10-31-2007, 03:12 AM
we hate them they hate us. and the world spins.:11:

Hell, they are still carrying on about 1985.

luv
10-31-2007, 03:14 AM
Hell, they are still carrying on about 1985.
Heh. How many World Series have the Royals been in since?

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 03:15 AM
not true... we all loved dick.... some of us still do (take that how you want:D) sorry couldnt pass that one up... but anywhoo..... we also like the arches and ummmmm well thats all I can think of.

anaeelbackwards
they think theyve got something on us just because theyve got that arch of theirs.

they are nothing but wanna-be new yorkers.

sorry to all you st-louis folks.

that is all.

Guru
Heh. How many World Series have the Royals been in since?

Who cares. We beat them. Oh... and.... 11-0:yahoo:

luv
10-31-2007, 03:17 AM
Who cares. We beat them. Oh... and.... 11-0:yahoo:
I was 8 in 1985. Like I cared...lol.

Springfield is an odd place. We're a KC Chiefs/STL Cardinals town.

Guru
10-31-2007, 03:20 AM

I sense a lack of spirit there. HAZING REQUIRED:mob:

hermhater
10-31-2007, 03:20 AM

My son lives in Springfield and doesn't know who to root for. He is young and impressionable. I give him what advice that I can.

He is in the middle of Missouri and Mom doexn't know any better.

That is why I posted about the Rams.

I feel dirty.

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 03:23 AM
I was at the victory parade in 85... George stepped on my toe...

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 03:23 AM
My son lives in Springfield and doesn't know who to root for. He is young and impressionable. I give him what advice that I can.

I feel dirty.

you should. i started it though my bad, i posted a picture of torry holt instead it was supposed to be dante hall in a rams uni...:sign0104:

Guru
10-31-2007, 03:24 AM

Now I am jealous.

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Now I am jealous.

royals fan? maybe? i love baseball just not the royals.

luv
10-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Hey, I can only be so spirited. I can't carry an entire city!

Guru
10-31-2007, 03:28 AM

No wonder Springfield is only good for passing by. :D

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 03:29 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/409.jpg

tammietailgator
Now I am jealous.
It was good.... made me more of a football fan Yeah!!

chief31

Yeah, it's kinda hard to convince my local Bears fans of the truth too.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 04:03 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/409.jpg

Is it too late?

Woot!? :lol:

McLovin
10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
I have never rooted for the Rams. And NEVER will.
Even when they are 0-12ish and playing the Chargers?

Now that is a town, Chiefs and Cardinals, HMMM I could live there.

Touch her and you will have my Royal hating A$$ on ya lol. j/k

I feel dirty.

At least when ya feel dirty your in the locker room, time for a shower, or some gum.

At least your not still talking bout the Cubs world series win, heck I dont even know if Chiefster is that old. But seriously the Royals, my high school team could have beaten the Royals. They have a culture of losing I hope that it never spills over the parking lot to the Chiefs.

Kinda makes me uneasy bout them sharing an area.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to convince my local Bears fans of the truth too.
If I wasn't a Chiefs fan I would be a Bears fan, the Bears and Cubs for that matter have some really great fans, love them whether they win or lose. (which with the Cubs is normally lose.

Just my 2 cents I grew up a Cardinals fan, and have become a huge Chiefs fan, I have Chiefs shirts, Cardinals shirts, but even my time off of 40 HWY could not get me backing the Royals.

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
thats sad. i didn't know the rams were winless... shows how much attention i give to the other city down I-70

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
thats sad. i didn't know the rams were winless... shows how much attention i give to the other city down I-70

Rams winless....sorry I just can't see or say that enough...:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

stlchief
10-31-2007, 01:57 PM

"at the time"? How could it ever end.....

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
i only knew that the dolphins were winless. i guess its because i don't pay much attention to the nfc teams. figures. the big powerhouses are in the afc and thats who will win the probowl and the superbowl... you can kind of compare it to the world series and playoffs.. the boston red sox had a time with the indians, but blew away the rockies.

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Guru is da debil...he can't stick with anything too long.

p.s. Rams Winless :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: