PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith...

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2015, 06:07 PM
As always, I don't want to start an Alex Smith fight. Sole purpose of this thread is to recognize that Alex has done a fine job this year.

So far this year he is 293 for 446 for 3,330 yards with a 65.7% completion rate. His most passing yards ever in a season.

He has rushed for 437 yards on 75 attempts for an average of 5.8 yards per carry giving him combined total yards of 3,767 in 15 games. An average of slightly over 251 yards per game. Nothing "world class" but good solid production. I think it is pretty safe to say that if he starts against the Raiders he will go over 3,900 combined yards for the season and *could* come very close to 4,000 combined yards.

The addition of a top tier WR (Maclin) has done WONDERS for Alex as many of us said it would. Alex has averaged 7.47 yards per attempt. His best average in any season with more than 220 attempts. This year Alex had his longest completion ever...80 yards. He has 41 completions for over 20 yards and 10 completions for over 40 yards. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but the idea that he is some sort of limp-wrist noodle arm is as DEAD AS THE DODO BIRD. He takes too many sacks (44 this year) and that's just a fact, but the blame for that gets shared with an O-line that while improving it's pass blocking still needs improvement.

Alex PROTECTS THE BALL. He has 5 turnovers on 446 attempts. 1 turnover for every 89.2 passing attempts. 1 turnover every 3 games. Not a lot of teams that don't wish their QB took care of the ball that well.

All in all Alex is a pretty damned good QB. Certainly the best we have had in a pretty long time.

Is there anybody left that wished we had gotten Geno Smith instead of Alex Smith?

rodu
12-29-2015, 07:54 PM
refresh my memory, who did we take over Geno?

matthewschiefs
12-29-2015, 08:19 PM

Eric Fisher

N TX Dave
12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't care who we took over Geno because he is still playing.

NJChiefs
12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
I think losing Jamaal Charles, while an immense loss for the Chiefs, was the best thing that ever happened to Alex Smith. It removed his easy outlet and forced him out of his comfort zone. It has forced him to look down the field. If you look at his statistics and QBR, other than the first game against Houston, his best output by far has come after Charles' injury. He has become a very good QB. And its great to realize that he steps it up in the playoffs. If he can play like he did against the Colts two years ago, and our defense plays like it should, the sky is limit in the playoffs this year.

Chiefs4life24
12-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Hopefully they don't revert back to the old ways after JC comes back

Kcman
12-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Lmfao who would want geno bust!!! I knew he was a bust from watching him in vt lol .. Whats bad is when your team rivals stand up and clap when the jets drafted the bust!! I think maylock draft guy pretty good but not when it comes to qbs lol!!! Alex has dun great!! I was worried when we were 1-5 and just got him new toys and wasn't doing much.. But he pulled it together and even making hard throws like a boss and taking chances !! I just hope he keeps it up !! I rly want him and jmac hit more deep bombs he just missed him on a wide open jmac last week on the browns .. They need to get that timeing down better..

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2015, 01:21 AM

Fisher. And IMO he is turning out a lot better than Geno Smith.

chiefsfan35hey
12-30-2015, 02:13 PM
He is having his best year ! Remember we were 1-5 and he not only matured and led the team providing stability ! If our defense can get him the ball we can run on Oakland and mix in play action stuff to our receivers . Tight ends might have to stay in and block more in this game . Anyone agree or am I giving him too much credit. Considering after losing Jamal we actually got better by necessity

chiefsfan35hey
12-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Is their anyone in my area central mass that wants to get together and watch our Chiefs playoff game. I feel like I am a pariah around all the pats fans who repeTedly discount my Chiefs . Let me know through the forum

ctchiefsfan
12-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Is their anyone in my area central mass that wants to get together and watch our Chiefs playoff game. I feel like I am a pariah around all the pats fans who repeTedly discount my Chiefs . Let me know through the forum

I'm in NW Connecticut....Falls Village to be exact. We also have a member here KCMASS who is somewhere in Mass. Perhaps we can put something together. Weekends are tough for me since I work in the restaurant business, but January is slow here in the sticks and I could probably get a Sunday off.

OH....and welcome to Chiefscrowd! I've been a Chiefs fan for almost 50 years but have never lived anywhere near KC. It is tough being an out-of-area Chiefs fan. But this is a GREAT place to hang out for out-of-area Chiefs fans. Have you followed one of our "in game threads" yet???? Great to watch the game and post here at the same time.

chiefsfan35hey
01-02-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm near thompson conn and would love to watch together once we secure the West tomorrow and Denver loses Houston coming back is huge but we have to establish our running game for Alex to throw o 2nd down ! Mark my words a wild card team is going to the AFC championship and our Chiefs hold the cards !!!

KCMASS
01-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Where are you in Central Mass? Leominster/Fitchburg area?

KCMASS
01-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Ok...I see your posted on the 2nd page. I guess you're south of Worcester. I can't do tomorrow's game, but maybe a playoff game if you want to get a small crew together. It would great to hang with some KC fans! We use to have a small club back in the mid-90's & went to a place in Framingham every Sunday.

ctchiefsfan
01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Ok...I see your posted on the 2nd page. I guess you're south of Worcester. I can't do tomorrow's game, but maybe a playoff game if you want to get a small crew together. It would great to hang with some KC fans! We use to have a small club back in the mid-90's & went to a place in Framingham every Sunday.

I'm in Ct. Can't do this weekend, but might be able to join a ChiefsCrowd gathering for the Wildcard game.