PDA

View Full Version : OC Doug Peterson

Chiefs4life24
01-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Chiefs OC Doug Pederson expected to be a leading candidate for Philadelphia HC job, per sources. Pederson coached in Philly from 2009-12.

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Wouldn't be happy with that at all.

Seek
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Let him go. It is not like he calls plays or anything.

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Let him go. It is not like he calls plays or anything.

Yeah....but we need an OC who Reid trusts if we are ever to expect Reid to turn over any of the play-calling. Reid and Peterson go back a LONG WAY. Peterson might be about the only guy around Reid would give some of the play-calling to.

Seek
01-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Yeah....but we need an OC who Reid trusts if we are ever to expect Reid to turn over any of the play-calling. Reid and Peterson go back a LONG WAY. Peterson might be about the only guy around Reid would give some of the play-calling to.

He already has Brad Childress on the pay roll responsible for spread offensive plays. I have a feeling Reid is a well respected coach who gets along with a lot of people and can find someone to replace Peterson. Todd Haley he is not.

Kcman
01-05-2016, 01:17 AM
If i was peterson i wouldn't want that job look at Philly fans he will never get a fare chance in philly .. He should just stay here if he was smart go get the giants job not philly

Eydugstr
01-05-2016, 05:44 AM
Better still.....For the time being I hope he focuses on his job in KC. Our offensive play calls seem disorganized enough as it is. We don't need another distraction, especially now.

Frankenchief
01-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't be happy with that at all.
Why. I think he is not at all irreplaceable. I'd be excited about the new OC and maybe one that is more into calling plays.

Frankenchief
01-05-2016, 12:16 PM
He already has Brad Childress on the pay roll responsible for spread offensive plays. I have a feeling Reid is a well respected coach who gets along with a lot of people and can find someone to replace Peterson. Todd Haley he is not.
This.

Frankenchief
01-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Better still.....For the time being I hope he focuses on his job in KC. Our offensive play calls seem disorganized enough as it is. We don't need another distraction, especially now.
When right before playoffs USC hired OC Paul Hackett from Marty's staff, THAT was a distraction that came back to bite us in the behind. But Hackett was our total OC and called the plays. Pederson is none of that.

Eydugstr
01-05-2016, 05:24 PM
When right before playoffs USC hired OC Paul Hackett from Marty's staff, THAT was a distraction that came back to bite us in the behind. But Hackett was our total OC and called the plays. Pederson is none of that.

Regardless of Peterson's importance in the playcalling, he's still getting a paycheck from Kansas City right now. It's a distraction we don't need.

ctchiefsfan
01-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Agreed!

Chiefs4life24
01-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Chiefs OC Doug Pederson will interview with the Eagles Sunday win or lose this weekend

Kcman
01-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Rly i hate eagles i wish that crap would wait!!

ctchiefsfan
01-07-2016, 12:58 PM
I won't be shocked but still a little surprised if Pederson goes to the Eagles. Mostly Reid's people are pretty loyal to him.

Didn't both Sutton and Pederson get feelers from other teams last year? Or was it Sutton and Toub?

Chiefs4life24
01-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Toub did for sure

ctchiefsfan
01-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Toub did for sure

My memory is that it was 2 of his assistants that got "feelers" from other teams. I remember being very impressed that his boys were loyal enough to Reid that they didn't even interview.

Seek
01-07-2016, 05:06 PM
from what I am reading. Pederson is not really being considered. Yes he is being interviewed, but their owner is looking for a big splash.

Frankenchief
01-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I disagree. He got his big splash with the hot name Chip Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for the "next Andy Reid." remember, Reid was not a big splash when the Eagles plucked him from the Packers' staff. he made his name with the Eagles.

look, I'm not saying that Pederson is the next Andy Reid. But the eagles might look at him that way.

ctchiefsfan
01-07-2016, 07:22 PM
from what I am reading. Pederson is not really being considered. Yes he is being interviewed, but their owner is looking for a big splash.

That would be good.