PDA

View Full Version : Current thoughts on this team

matthewschiefs
01-03-2016, 10:20 PM
First about todays game

The Defense continues their strong play. What more needs to be said about them. It's great to see that they are getting to QBs without Houston and Hali not playing all that much.

The offense still can't seem to put a whole game together. Alex was not at his best today made 2 really poor choices and missed a couple of deep throws. Houston has a good D and these mistakes CAN NOT be made next week.

I'm really nervous about the playoff game. I've never seen a Chiefs playoff win. I want to see one so bad. I'm not getting my hopes up and will go into the game expecting a loss. The last playoff game was just to painful to do anything different.

That being said this is the most complete Chiefs TEAM I think I've ever seen.

In the 90s they had a great D VERY weak offense which came back to bite them in the playoffs. Well that and a poor QB choice. I'm not still bitter about that honest.

In the early 2000s they had a great offense and do we even pretend they had a defense? That D cost them in the playoffs in the game where no one punted.

in 2010 this team got to the playoffs but were nowhere near ready. And we saw the result

In 2013 this team just BLEW IT. Injuries played a role in that but when you have that big of a lead there is 0 excuse.

This team in more the 2013 team but deeper. The depth that John Dorsey has added might be the key to the Chiefs FINALLY FINALLY getting that playoff win. But I'm at the point where I'll believe it when I see it. Missouri is the "Show me state" SHOW ME A PLAYOFF WIN CHIEFS

Chiefs4life24
01-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Alex did good as did the whole team, I assume the 90's was after Montana left right?

matthewschiefs
01-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Alex did good as did the whole team, I assume the 90's was after Montana left right?

Yes Never saw Montana lead the Chiefs I started fallowing the Chiefs when i was about 10 Steve Bono was the QB I can't think of a single WR he had. Only Marcus Allen

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2016, 10:54 PM

Montana retired after the '94 season.

Kcman
01-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Yea c4l i would haft to agree alex played good I'm so excited seeing him play like he playing not being scared throw the rock !! I can deal with a pic here and there i love seeing him take shots like he has been not just laying down taking a sack!! And I'm going to be honest i wanted Denver to win today bc i didn't want to play pits 1st game of playoffs !! Playing the texans is way better for us to get are 1st win in playoffs and give the guys confidence that they can win in post game and make a run to the big show!!

Chiefs4life24
01-03-2016, 11:46 PM
To be honest I don't think Pitt can beat Cincy, Dalton may be back for Cincy

Eydugstr
01-04-2016, 02:04 AM
First about todays game

The Defense continues their strong play. What more needs to be said about them. It's great to see that they are getting to QBs without Houston and Hali not playing all that much.

The offense still can't seem to put a whole game together. Alex was not at his best today made 2 really poor choices and missed a couple of deep throws. Houston has a good D and these mistakes CAN NOT be made next week.

I'm really nervous about the playoff game. I've never seen a Chiefs playoff win. I want to see one so bad. I'm not getting my hopes up and will go into the game expecting a loss. The last playoff game was just to painful to do anything different.

That being said this is the most complete Chiefs TEAM I think I've ever seen.

In the 90s they had a great D VERY weak offense which came back to bite them in the playoffs. Well that and a poor QB choice. I'm not still bitter about that honest.

In the early 2000s they had a great offense and do we even pretend they had a defense? That D cost them in the playoffs in the game where no one punted.

in 2010 this team got to the playoffs but were nowhere near ready. And we saw the result

In 2013 this team just BLEW IT. Injuries played a role in that but when you have that big of a lead there is 0 excuse.

This team in more the 2013 team but deeper. The depth that John Dorsey has added might be the key to the Chiefs FINALLY FINALLY getting that playoff win. But I'm at the point where I'll believe it when I see it. Missouri is the "Show me state" SHOW ME A PLAYOFF WIN CHIEFS

Comparing this team to the '13 squad, this team is way better. The WR corps we have this year really cut down on the drops, and Alex Smith has had a career year as a result. Also, that team didn't have Marcus Peters, and Sean Smith wasn't playing as good then as he is now. Also, the '13 squad played more poorly in the second half of the season than it did in the first; With the '15 team it was the other way around.

Think this will be the year we do break that curse.

Seek
01-04-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't think the offense tries to put in a whole game. Time and time again this year, they get out to a huge lead, and then the offense seems to go flat until needed. It is like the play calling is all about conservation of the ball and holding their lead.

KCMASS
01-04-2016, 11:11 AM
I think we can get by Houston (maybe) But overall the Chiefs haven't instilled overall confidence for me. The whole "down to the wire" mentality irks me too no end. Mistakes in the 4th QTR. have been consistent. Can we go deep in the playoffs? Maybe. I just don't like our offensive play calling overall.

I want to stay upbeat, but I always have that Chiefs will blow-it attitude as it's well deserved being a fan for so many years. Let's take care of the Texans & then see how things unfold.

matthewschiefs
01-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Comparing this team to the '13 squad, this team is way better. The WR corps we have this year really cut down on the drops, and Alex Smith has had a career year as a result. Also, that team didn't have Marcus Peters, and Sean Smith wasn't playing as good then as he is now. Also, the '13 squad played more poorly in the second half of the season than it did in the first; With the '15 team it was the other way around.

Think this will be the year we do break that curse.

I agree this team is better

They are just so much deeper then they were in 2013. Just look at the RB spot.

This team is more like the 2013 team in that they at least respectable on both sides. The D is the stronger of the two but the offense is at least respectable. Unlike the 90s and early 2000s you have to at least respect this team on both sides of the ball.

Eydugstr
01-04-2016, 01:53 PM
I agree this team is better

They are just so much deeper then they were in 2013. Just look at the RB spot.

This team is more like the 2013 team in that they at least respectable on both sides. The D is the stronger of the two but the offense is at least respectable. Unlike the 90s and early 2000s you have to at least respect this team on both sides of the ball.

What's weird is that, running back-wise, we're in the same spot we were in, in the '13 postseason (without JC). The difference maker now is that the RB corps is in a situation where they know it going into the game.

Defensively we'll be respected a lot more, no doubt. Dee Ford has been getting a lot more reps, Tamba is playing determined cast or no cast, and it's likely we'll get Justin Houston back soon. Our secondary is playing really well, and Dontari Poe is coming back to form (he's been breaking out of a lot of blocks in the past three games.)

Offensively we've got some things to prove. JJ Watt is no joke. We can't whiff blocks or get silly false start penalties. We'll need to be patient with the run game at times, too.

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2016, 03:17 PM
What's weird is that, running back-wise, we're in the same spot we were in, in the '13 postseason (without JC). The difference maker now is that the RB corps is in a situation where they know it going into the game.

Defensively we'll be respected a lot more, no doubt. Dee Ford has been getting a lot more reps, Tamba is playing determined cast or no cast, and it's likely we'll get Justin Houston back soon. Our secondary is playing really well, and Dontari Poe is coming back to form (he's been breaking out of a lot of blocks in the past three games.)

Offensively we've got some things to prove. JJ Watt is no joke. We can't whiff blocks or get silly false start penalties. We'll need to be patient with the run game at times, too.

Just my personal opinion, but I think that we should try to establish the running game early--especially after Reid's first 10-15 scripted plays. Use the run to try to establish occasional mid to deep ball passes-hopefully to our less utilized receivers and Tight Ends. Hit a few passes to them fairly early and it should take some coverage off Maclin and maybe open him up for a deep strike or two.

Chiefs4life24
01-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Brady has a high ankle sprain, hopefully we get to play the Patriots

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Brady has a high ankle sprain, hopefully we get to play the Patriots

Got to get that far first. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Eydugstr
01-05-2016, 05:46 AM
Got to get that far first. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

+1. Much more concerned about Houston's D and whether or not we can field a good run game against them.