PDA

View Full Version : Kick-offs and Playoffs...

NickheadKCAU
01-03-2016, 11:56 PM
1: If you cannot kick a ball out of bounds on the sidelines, you cannot kick it out of the end zone either.

2: Just because you win your division, does not mean you get a home game.

rant over!!

:smile:

NickheadKCAU
01-05-2016, 06:05 AM
while im at it... rant wise...

when a team relocates... does the relocation fee go back to the taxpayers that helped fund the fleeing franchise?

if a team decides to relocate... ahem cleveland to baltimore...

that city should relinquish any nfl opportunities for 20 years...

anyways... as soon as no taxpayer monies are spent on stadiums or upgrades... then an owner can close shop in said city.

ctchiefsfan
01-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Some interesting ideas Aussie.

TopekaRoy
01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
2: Just because you win your division, does not mean you get a home game.

I agree with this. Keep the seeding the same (for the wildcard round), but the team with the better record should get home field advantage.

The argument against it is that some divisions are much better than others. Why reward a wildcard team with more wins just because they had a much easier schedule? The reward for winning your division, regardless of record, is hosting a home game. I don't agree with that argument, but there it is.

I'm also open to reseeding after the wildcard round, so that the 1 seed plays the team with the worst record whether that is the 3 seed or the 6 seed. This would help stop teams from resting their starters in the last game or two and keep them from possibly losing on purpose to face a weaker opponent in the playoffs. Make every win count for something and every game matter. The NFL owes that to season ticket holders who pay for 8 regular season home games.