PDA

View Full Version : I'm NUMB.....

ctchiefsfan
01-10-2016, 01:30 AM
DING DONG THE CURSE IS DEAD. THE WICKED CURSE, THE WICKED CURSE. DING DONG THE WICKED CURSE IS DEAD! (Sung to the tune of the Wizard of Oz.)

I'm exhausted. Like Andy Reid said...."We'll enjoy it tonight and then it's back to work tomorrow." I'm going to bed now. This business of have having the Chiefs win PLAYOFF GAMES 30-0 wears my ash right out!

I'll be back with my mindless blither tomorrow.

brdempsey69
01-10-2016, 01:34 AM
I'll be up all night celebrating this Chiefs playoff victory. It's been a LONG time coming.

ctchiefsfan
01-10-2016, 01:42 AM
A VERY LONG TIME!!! January of '94 I was 37 or so, making real money and had to beat hot women off with a stick. Times have changed for me and also for the Chiefs. I'm happy where I am and even more happy with where the Chiefs are!

​SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!!

Almighty chief
01-10-2016, 02:27 AM
i couldn't sleep at all last night so anxious for the game .. ima sleep well tonight knowing we won .. we just need our offense to put up points to complement our d.. and we will win it all.

N TX Dave
01-10-2016, 02:29 AM
A VERY LONG TIME!!! January of '94 I was 37 or so, making real money and had to beat hot women off with a stick. Times have changed for me and also for the Chiefs. I'm happy where I am and even more happy with where the Chiefs are!

​SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!!

I was 46 still in my prime and making big money and had big aspirations but now I am retired and loving it and so happy I got to see the Chiefs win a playoff game before I am put to rest. I had been in Dallas for 15 years and the internet did not have the way to follow the Chiefs, now I can watch them and listen to Lenny on the internet every week.

matthewschiefs
01-10-2016, 02:43 AM
I was going to start a very similar thread to this

I became a Chiefs fan at the age of 10 it was the 94-95 season. I've been around for all of the playoff loses. They all HURT. None like that last one. Blowing such a big lead that was the most painful sports loss I've ever went through

This win made it all worth it. Made this more special. I watched the post game recap on Kcchiefs.com and you could tell it ment something to Mitch Holthus who is right up there with my favorite play by play man. Tom Hamiltion of the tribe is the other. (God bless that man hes made years of losing enjoyable some how with his humor) He mentioned how he went to DJ first the longest chiefs and a couple of others. This is a LONG Time coming for those guys. Who have been through two 2-14 seasons. And many other lack luster they played in that game. In a lot of ways the heartbreaks of the past made this mean even more. We earned it for sure.

Eydugstr
01-10-2016, 09:41 AM
It really hasn't sank in yet for me. Probably because I'm looking forward to another game (and hopefully two more).

The moment I felt "We're going to win this, period." was when they tried to run JJ Watt out of the wildcat, and the team stopped him not once but twice on that play. JJ Watt is hands down their best player, and here we are stopping him despite the fact he had blockers. Once that happened, knew that sooner or later the offense was going to catch fire and get something going.

NJChiefs
01-10-2016, 10:07 AM

​SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!!

1993, our last playoff victory (also Houston): I was in front of the TV jumping around in joy tossing my two year old, who was wearing his little Joe Montana Jersey, into the air like a football. Yesterday, my son (even though he is now a traitorous Broncos fan) was wearing my Tony Gonzales Jersey, slapping me (I was wearing my Derrick Thomas Jersey) on the back equally joyous for our victory. Things will be different between us when we meet the Broncos in Denver for the AFC championship. Football is family.

slc chief
01-10-2016, 12:03 PM
This hangover is extremely bad. I might have celebrated to much oh well it was worth it go chiefs chiefs chiefs what a great day

chiefsfan35hey
01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
On to foxborough I have a lead on 4 seats ! Anyone interested ! Tough to beat us the way we play all facets of the game are the patriots as healthy as they say? Belichik took them bowling whichy friends say is a good sign? Our tight end Kelce has to be reckoned with. Chiefs have to stop Edelman who opens it up for gronk . I'm not worried at all to be the best youy at beat the best? But these aren't the same pats from October ? For all the longtime Chiefs fans celebrate but it's back to work Monday.

kcvet
01-10-2016, 12:09 PM
yeah Off to foxborough where it will probably be 10 feet a snow and 50 below

chiefsfan35hey
01-10-2016, 12:19 PM
33 degrees and sunny boo hah!!

kcvet
01-10-2016, 03:27 PM
33 degrees and sunny boo hah!!

that's now for next Saturday??

ctchiefsfan
01-10-2016, 03:55 PM
This hangover is extremely bad. I might have celebrated to much oh well it was worth it go chiefs chiefs chiefs what a great day

I hear that Brother!!! I slept until 2pm this afternoon!

ctchiefsfan
01-10-2016, 03:57 PM
On to foxborough I have a lead on 4 seats ! Anyone interested ! Tough to beat us the way we play all facets of the game are the patriots as healthy as they say? Belichik took them bowling whichy friends say is a good sign? Our tight end Kelce has to be reckoned with. Chiefs have to stop Edelman who opens it up for gronk . I'm not worried at all to be the best youy at beat the best? But these aren't the same pats from October ? For all the longtime Chiefs fans celebrate but it's back to work Monday.

I might be interested, but I'm pretty sure playoff tickets are out of my league pricewise

ctchiefsfan
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
yeah Off to foxborough where it will probably be 10 feet a snow and 50 below

I doubt it. We're having a CRAZY WARM winter here. It's 57 degrees outside right now.

brdempsey69
01-10-2016, 04:11 PM
I doubt it. We're having a CRAZY WARM winter here. It's 57 degrees outside right now.

I hope the conditions are the same next Saturday and the weather is not a factor & may the better team win.

Bike
01-11-2016, 12:30 AM
Kinda weird to wrap my mind around this, but here goes: Half of the NFLs 32 teams are still in the playoffs! We started out with 20, now down to 16. So, every year, OVER half the NFL is in the playoffs. Hard to comprehend that we haven't won one in 22 years.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 01:03 AM
I hope the conditions are the same next Saturday and the weather is not a factor & may the better team win.

The most reliable weather site I know (www.wunderground.com (http://www.wunderground.com)) says the following.... High for Saturday 37. Low 27. Chance of snow starting at 8:00 am 55%. Increases to 78% at 2:00 pm and stays between 78% and 76% until well after 8:00 pm. Predicted high at game time 35 degrees. Predicted low at 8:00 pm 32 degrees. Snow should melt as fast as it falls. Looks like we will have a "Snow Bowl" in Foxboro but with the snow melting as fast as it falls. Total predicted accumulation between 8:00 am and midnight-- 3-5 inches. I'll keep us updated.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:02035.1.99999?sp=KMAFOXBO5&MR=1

brdempsey69
01-11-2016, 02:27 AM
^^ I remember the snow game in Washington two years ago that seemed to have no effect on the Chiefs.

kcvet
01-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Kinda weird to wrap my mind around this, but here goes: Half of the NFLs 32 teams are still in the playoffs! We started out with 20, now down to 16. So, every year, OVER half the NFL is in the playoffs. Hard to comprehend that we haven't won one in 22 years.

I think they plant to many seeds

TopekaRoy
01-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Huh?

Which NFL are you watching? we started with 12 playoff teams - 8 division winners and 4 wild cards. We are now down to 8 - 4 in the AFC and 4 in the NFC.

Even the NBA and the NHL only have 16 teams that make the playoffs each season. I don't know of any American professional sports league that has 20 payoff teams.

Almighty chief
01-11-2016, 02:29 PM
cool. snow game.. the field will be slippery than no??

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 02:49 PM
^^ I remember the snow game in Washington two years ago that seemed to have no effect on the Chiefs.

And rainy games haven't kept us from winning either.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 03:05 PM
cool. snow game.. the field will be slippery than no??

REVISED WEATHER FORECAST....

Previously expected snow line has moved to the North and West.

Temperature will be above freezing from about 9:00 am until well after the game is over. High during the game expected to be about 39 degrees with a low of about 35.

Chance of sleet, snow and freezing rain from 8:00 am until about game time (4:30 pm Eastern time) 78-84%. Chance of snow, sleet, freezing rain decreases to about 49% at 5:00 pm--about the end of the 1st quarter and stays that way pretty much through the end of the game. Total accumulation of snow, sleet, freezing rain predicted to be less than 1 inch.

Expect a wet and sloppy field that may hinder the passing game on both sides. With the Patriots running game pretty beat up this weather could help our Chiefs.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:02035.1.99999?sp=KMAFOXBO5&MR=1

kcvet
01-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Saturdays weather at Foxborough,

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Foxboro+MA+02035:4:US#/!