PDA

View Full Version : Eric Fisher

Seek
01-11-2016, 12:56 PM
As critical as I have been against him all year, Nothing made me smile more seeing him smash JJ Watts face into the ground and hit him the back of the head with an aggressive kicking his behind attitude. Can't stand how much that game was about JJ Watt an how great he is... blah blah blah.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 01:04 PM
As critical as I have been against him all year, Nothing made me smile more seeing him smash JJ Watts face into the ground and hit him the back of the head with an aggressive kicking his behind attitude. Can't stand how much that game was about JJ Watt an how great he is... blah blah blah.

Couldn't agree with you more! We've seen that kind of AGGRESSIVE ATTITUDE from several Chiefs this year. A couple of them have cost us penalties but in each case Reid has commented positively after the game as he did this time. Reid's attitude towards this sort of thing seems to be positive so long as it doesn't degenerate into loads of "Unsportsmanlike" penalties. In short, Reid seems to like seeing the players beat the hell out of their opponents and occasionally then rub their noses in it.

And I know for certain that I LOVE IT!!!

Seek
01-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Couldn't agree with you more! We've seen that kind of AGGRESSIVE ATTITUDE from several Chiefs this year. A couple of them have cost us penalties but in each case Reid has commented positively after the game as he did this time. Reid's attitude towards this sort of thing seems to be positive so long as it doesn't degenerate into loads of "Unsportsmanlike" penalties. In short, Reid seems to like seeing the players beat the hell out of their opponents and occasionally then rub their noses in it.

And I know for certain that I LOVE IT!!!

Grundhardt was on 810 this afternoon and he commented on how Nasty Zach Fulton was playing specially against Wilfork. He said he pushing guys over piles all game long.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Grundhardt was on 810 this afternoon and he commented on how Nasty Zach Fulton was playing specially against Wilfork. He said he pushing guys over piles all game long.

So long as it doesn't attract flags like flies to ship then mean, aggressive playing is GOOD!!!

kcvet
01-11-2016, 02:55 PM
ole JJ wattage blew a fuse

https://j.gifs.com/v2lLYr.gif

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 03:00 PM
ole JJ wattage blew a fuse

https://j.gifs.com/v2lLYr.gif​

THANK YOU for posting that kcvet!!!! I tried to copy it elsewhere but somehow just couldn't manage it. (Not so good with technology). I LOVE THAT PLAY. I can just hear Fisher saying to himself..."So you think you bad huh??? WELL...I'mma show you BAD!!!"

kcvet
01-11-2016, 03:03 PM

THANK YOU for posting that kcvet!!!! I tried to copy it elsewhere but somehow just couldn't manage it. (Not so good with technology). I LOVE THAT PLAY. I can just hear Fisher saying to himself..."So you think you bad huh??? WELL...I'mma show you BAD!!!"

im surprised it didn't draw a flag. he got away with it. good for him. guess they didn't see it.

Eydugstr
01-11-2016, 03:10 PM
im surprised it didn't draw a flag. he got away with it. good for him. guess they didn't see it.

Was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Was this a "payback" hit by Fisher? Did Watt take a cheap shot prior to this?

kcvet
01-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Was this a "payback" hit by Fisher? Did Watt take a cheap shot prior to this?

good question. as it turned out Wattage was neutered any way. and the media said he was to single handily stop our entire O. yeah right. well he's off to surgery so have a nice off season puke head

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Looking carefully at the play, it doesn't look to me like the injury had anything to do with Fisher. Looked to me like his knee just gave out. As to whether Fisher's hit should have drawn a flag...I don't know enough about the rules to say but it looked to me as if Fisher was just making sure Watt was out of the play. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

brdempsey69
01-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Looking carefully at the play, it doesn't look to me like the injury had anything to do with Fisher. Looked to me like his knee just gave out. As to whether Fisher's hit should have drawn a flag...I don't know enough about the rules to say but it looked to me as if Fisher was just making sure Watt was out of the play. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Looks to me like Fisher was making sure Watt didn't jump back up and get a hit on the QB. I don't believe Fisher knew that Watt was hurt.

Eydugstr
01-11-2016, 05:14 PM

Granted, this is the NFL playoffs and there's a lot of things in play here...JJ Watt is an amazing player, but all the media hype is putting a target on his back, Fisher fighting to prove he's worth his draft status, and add in it's a playoff game...Stuff like this is going to happen. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where Fisher becomes a flag magnet in games down the road.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Looks to me like Fisher was making sure Watt didn't jump back up and get a hit on the QB. I don't believe Fisher knew that Watt was hurt.

EXACTLY my thought!

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Granted, this is the NFL playoffs and there's a lot of things in play here...JJ Watt is an amazing player, but all the media hype is putting a target on his back, Fisher fighting to prove he's worth his draft status, and add in it's a playoff game...Stuff like this is going to happen. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where Fisher becomes a flag magnet in games down the road.

EXACTLY. The Chiefs are NOT playing "dirty", but they are playing TOUGH AND AGGRESSIVE FOOTBALL. Making sure that someone who has been blocked STAYS BLOCKED. So long as the flags don't start flying every which way I like it.

brdempsey69
01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
If Fisher would have drove his shoulder into Watt, then I could see people calling it a dirty play by Fisher. But, that's not what happened. Fisher was just reacting instinctively to make sure Watt didn't get back up and get to the QB and because Watt is lightning quick. I really don't believe that Fisher knew Watt was hurt and everything was happening so fast anyway, so it's not like Fisher had any time to figure out that Watt was hurt.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 06:37 PM
^^^100% correct.

Frankenchief
01-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I have never heard of Watt being a dirty player or a cheap shot artist.

Chiefs4life24
01-11-2016, 06:40 PM
I cannot agree to dirty to me and should have been flagged, he acted like a Raider on that play sorry but that was wrong

kcvet
01-11-2016, 06:42 PM
maybe like the Donks, Hunt bought us some Zebra's

Frankenchief
01-11-2016, 06:47 PM
I have been a big Fisher supporter and I must say I like his new attitude. That said, that blow to the head was unnecessary. If he wanted to make sure Watt wouldn't get up and go after the QB he should have just thrown his full weight on top of him.

I don't think Fisher is a dirty player and I think that was a spur of the moment thing and an attitude overflow. I'm thankful we didn't get flagged for it. I do agree that Fish didn't know Watt was already injured, though.

Eydugstr
01-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I have never heard of Watt being a dirty player or a cheap shot artist.

Neither have I. Was just trying to understand if there was an additional reason why Fisher might've done it. The Chiefs have been sticking up for one another a lot more this season. Later in the game, the Texans got flagged when one of their players hit Stephenson after the play. The refs threw the flag, but Fulton came up and gave the guy a "wake up" shove.

Frankenchief
01-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Here's Fisher's postgame interview: "You literally have to finish every play (with that guy)."

Video here:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article53953380.html

kcvet
01-11-2016, 07:13 PM
a chip on his shoulder?? so he was ticked

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 08:06 PM
I have been a big Fisher supporter and I must say I like his new attitude. That said, that blow to the head was unnecessary. If he wanted to make sure Watt wouldn't get up and go after the QB he should have just thrown his full weight on top of him.

I don't think Fisher is a dirty player and I think that was a spur of the moment thing and an attitude overflow. I'm thankful we didn't get flagged for it. I do agree that Fish didn't know Watt was already injured, though.

I urge you to watch the video again. I also at first look thought it was a blow to the head. But after watching many times, it looks more to me like a blow to the shoulder blades that slipped off as Watt bent his upper body forward and traveled to the head unintentionally. If you look at that video carefully several times I think you will agree.

TopekaRoy
01-11-2016, 08:17 PM
I urge you to watch the video again. I also at first look thought it was a blow to the head. But after watching many times, it looks more to me like a blow to the shoulder blades that slipped off as Watt bent his upper body forward and traveled to the head unintentionally. If you look at that video carefully several times I think you will agree.
Agreed.

There were two "shots" at the end of that play. The first was a blow to the back (between the shoulder blades). His hand just slid up to the helmet on the follow through, but there was no force applied to the head. At the end of the play Fisher just places his hand on Watt's back for leverage as he pushes himself back upright. There is no cheap shot there, either.

I gotta give credit to the refs, because in real time it looked like a personal foul, but it wasn't so it was a good "no call." If you were going to flag Fisher for anything, I could see holding, maybe, but Watt's own momentum carried him to the ground, the play was over at that point and Fisher did not prevent him from getting up, because he made no attempt to get up.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Agreed.

There were two "shots" at the end of that play. The first was a blow to the back (between the shoulder blades). His hand just slid up to the helmet on the follow through, but there was no force applied to the head. At the end of the play Fisher just places his hand on Watt's back for leverage as he pushes himself back upright. There is no cheap shot there, either.

I gotta give credit to the refs, because in real time it looked like a personal foul, but it wasn't so it was a good "no call." If you were going to flag Fisher for anything, I could see holding, maybe, but Watt's own momentum carried him to the ground, the play was over at that point and Fisher did not prevent him from getting up, because he made no attempt to get up.

Thanks Roy! That is what I saw as well. Took me a while and several watches to see it though. First several times I watched it I though it was a simple case of head hunting but after watching it a bunch of times I came to the conclusion there was nothing wrong with Fisher's play there.

brdempsey69
01-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Thanks Roy! That is what I saw as well. Took me a while and several watches to see it though. First several times I watched it I though it was a simple case of head hunting but after watching it a bunch of times I came to the conclusion there was nothing wrong with Fisher's play there.

I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Pass for three years now. Fisher is not a dirty player & he doesn't repeatedly hold defenders. What happened was just spur of the moment reaction. If Fisher had shoved Watt multiple times while Watt was down, then that would have been one thing. That's not what happened -- it was just one shove and done.

Chiefs4life24
01-11-2016, 09:04 PM
He was down he didn't have to do any more to him I know you guys don't agree with me , but it was dirty, he should at least get a fine you don't need that in the NFL we don't need that kind of reputation

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 10:55 PM
He was down he didn't have to do any more to him I know you guys don't agree with me , but it was dirty, he should at least get a fine you don't need that in the NFL we don't need that kind of reputation

You're right. I don't agree with you. But you are a good and honest Chiefs fan (as am I) which means we can disagree without getting upset about it. I have friends of over 40 years and sometimes even we don't agree on some things.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 11:00 PM
I've watched Fisher closely via NFL Game Pass for three years now. Fisher is not a dirty player & he doesn't repeatedly hold defenders. What happened was just spur of the moment reaction. If Fisher had shoved Watt multiple times while Watt was down, then that would have been one thing. That's not what happened -- it was just one shove and done.

Demps...don't undersell yourself. You have supported Fisher from day 1....always said he just needed a bit more time. While I sometimes think you are a little tougher on people than you need to be, you were completely right about Fisher and you haven't rubbed people's noses in it. A tip of my hat Sir.

brdempsey69
01-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Demps...don't undersell yourself. You have supported Fisher from day 1....always said he just needed a bit more time. While I sometimes think you are a little tougher on people than you need to be, you were completely right about Fisher and you haven't rubbed people's noses in it. A tip of my hat Sir.

Eleven straight wins since Fisher returned to LT leaves people with very little reason to complain about him & speaks for itself, in essence. Fisher is not the sole reason for the 11 straight wins, of course, but it certainly hasn't hurt the Chiefs by any means.

Fisher, to me, was getting a bum rap and not being given a fair chance. I don't think Fisher had as good a game in Houston as i would like to have seen & will need to do better against the Pats in this next game.

C4L does have basis for his analysis, because Fisher can display a VERY nasty mean streak when the notion strikes him, but looking at the play, it looks like he was just making sure Watt wasn't going to get up and hit the QB. Add to that, if the league office thought it was dirty, they most likely would have fined Fisher already (although they still could), as they already have suspended Burfict for his hit on Antonio Brown in the Pitt-Cincy wildcard game.

ctchiefsfan
01-11-2016, 11:58 PM
^^^Just so. Unless my memory fails me fines are "usually" handed down on Monday. And Monday is just about gone now.

Like you, I don't agree with C4L's analysis of that play, but there is NO DOUBT that Fisher has been playing with a bit of a "mean streak" since he got back to LT. In his after game media availability he even mentioned the whole thing with him being moved to RT and the media playing it up as a "demotion". Clearly it hurt him and I can't blame him one damned bit. If that makes him want to beat the hell out of some people--especially high profile enemy pass rushers--then I say have right the hell at it....so long as he doesn't start drawing a lot of penalties. I don't want the Chiefs to be the "nicest" or "fairest" team in the NFL. I just want them to WIN!!! And playing dirty doesn't achieve wins. Just look at the Raiders in the height of their fame for being the dirtiest team in football. Never got them anywhere until they acquired Gannon.

Break the rules....NO! Push the edge of the rules...HELL YES!!!!! This ain't High School Football....THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Frankenchief
01-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Ahem,.... (cough, cough),... As I recall there was another guy who has "supported Fisher from day 1." ... I wonder who?

JPPT1974
01-12-2016, 01:01 AM
This is how you needed to have Eric play like a first rounder. All along! Hope there are great things to come.

brdempsey69
01-12-2016, 01:03 AM
Ahem,.... (cough, cough),... As I recall there was another guy who has "supported Fisher from day 1." ... I wonder who?

I'll acknowledge that. That would be YOU !!

Frankenchief
01-12-2016, 01:30 AM
I'll acknowledge that. That would be YOU !!Oh it was me! wasn't it? I just couldn't remember. ;)

Frankenchief
01-12-2016, 01:31 AM
This is how you needed to have Eric play like a first rounder. All along! Hope there are great things to come.
There is no reason Fish should not be considered a still ascending player.

ctchiefsfan
01-12-2016, 01:47 AM

I apologize for the omission.

ctchiefsfan
01-12-2016, 01:51 AM
There is no reason Fish should not be considered a still ascending player.

No doubt in my mind that he still has a ways to go. But in my opinion he has laid to rest the dreaded "B-word".

NickheadKCAU
01-12-2016, 02:14 AM
am i the first to say... at least he's not luke jokel...

Frankenchief
01-12-2016, 09:48 AM
I kept wanting to mention Joeckel in this thread, but could not think of his name. That's how obscure and irrelevant he has become.

ctchiefsfan
01-12-2016, 11:39 AM

Or Geno Smith.

jason1981
01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
I also was always supportive of fisher and said all he needsd was one good offseason and to stay healthy. If he continues to get better and better he will definitely earn his 1st pick of the draft. Someone on 610 radio even said hall of famer if he keeps it up but im not on that train until i see him healthy in back to back years.

Eydugstr
01-12-2016, 06:50 PM
I also was always supportive of fisher and said all he needsd was one good offseason and to stay healthy. If he continues to get better and better he will definitely earn his 1st pick of the draft. Someone on 610 radio even said hall of famer if he keeps it up but im not on that train until i see him healthy in back to back years.

I'd like to see him get another season where he stays at LT all season long. Like you said, it take some work but think if we just leave him at LT we'll see it pay off down the road.

Kcman
01-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Lol nice vid im glad we got grubbs out of the line up he was the problem and I'm glad it got fixed!!

ctchiefsfan
01-13-2016, 05:03 AM
An article well worth reading when talking about drafting offensive linemen.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991-11-03/sports/9104090265_1_offensive-linemen-nfl-randy-cross