PDA

View Full Version : Looking toward next week!(Updated)(Updated Again)

kenny1937
12-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Division leaders W-L Remaining schedule
1. CHARGERS — x 14-2
2. RAVENS — x 13-3
3. COLTS — y 12-4 CHIEFS 9-7
4. PATRIOTS- y 12-4 JETS 10-6

Wild-card teams W-L Div. Conf. Next Game
5.JETS z10-6 NE 12-4
6.CHIEFS z 9-7 COLTS 12-4

x=clinched home-field advantage throughout playoffs
y=clinched division title
z=clinched playoff berth

AS I see it, the Bengals have problems, they play at Indy, and Denver, looking into my crystal ball I think they have a good chance of ending up 9-7

The Jaguars play NE and KC, and probably end up 9-7
The Jets have the best chance of finishing 10-6, playing at home againt Oakland and making one of the wild card spots
The Broncos (gag) have the best chance of finishing with a 10-6 also because they finish at home against San Frannie.
The Steelers finish 8-8, out of the running, there're gone.
The Titans finish 8-8, out of the running.
The Chiefs have beaten Oakland ( Job is done) and need to beat Jac, (which will take a balanced attack by both defense and offense, which they havn't done in a while) to finish 9-7 which probably won't cut it, but we will see.
The Dolphins lost to the Jets, and I don't see them beating Indy, I see them finishing at 6-10, out of the picture, they are gone.
Buffalo has been beaten, ther are gone.

Anyway that is how this old fan sees it, I hope that One or two of the teams stumble and we make it in, but I am not holding my breath!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

wolfpack
12-18-2006, 09:48 AM
i always look forward to playing the faiders. but its on the road. and like if for some reason the football gods are smiling on us and we make the playoffs,it willbe on the road. this team would have trouble or the heart to beat a div.3 college team. just getting to the playoffs dont mean jack,you have to go deep to make a difference.

kenny1937
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
wolfpack wrote:
i always look forward to playing the faiders. but its on the road. and like if for some reason the football gods are smiling on us and we make the playoffs,it willbe on the road. this team would have trouble or the heart to beat a div.3 college team. just getting to the playoffs dont mean jack,you have to go deep to make a difference.

This is true, my friend, but logic tells you that the team has no chance unless they at least make it into the playoffs. I agree with you that the road to the Super Bowl is on the road, and the likely hood that the Chiefs will make it is probably nil and none, but stranager things have happened, this is the NFL, and you can't count out anything, but to have any chance means you have to makle the playoiffs. So taking them one at a time I say:

Chiefster
12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
This is true, my friend, but logic tells you that the team has no chance...

Should have stopped right there.

Guru
12-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Ain't happening.

wolfpack
12-19-2006, 08:25 AM
all aside,forgetting about the pipe dream called playoffs,,,, its faiders week! my sons and their families come home for this. since we`ll be doing x-mass that day,one cant ask for more(expect a win). we will smoke a turkey for the x-mass meal and bbq ribs for the game.plus i`ll get to see my new granddaughter. let the beer flow and the family fun begin!

Chiefster
12-19-2006, 09:03 AM
wolfpack wrote:
all aside,forgetting about the pipe dream called playoffs,,,, its faiders week! my sons and their families come home for this. since we`ll be doing x-mass that day,one cant ask for more(expect a win). we will smoke a turkey for the x-mass meal and bbq ribs for the game.plus i`ll get to see my new granddaughter. let the beer flow and the family fun begin!

Well have a great time with the family bud! :pint: :-D

...Just don't let the possibility of another Chiefs loss on the road dampin yer holiday spirits. ;-)

kenny1937
12-23-2006, 07:13 PM
The litmus teat is an hour away, by eleven oclock we will know the status of our very dim playoff status, I hope we beat the Faiders, because they are the Faders, whether we continue to be the play off hunt or not, this is for good old fashion Pride!!

Old_admin
12-23-2006, 08:34 PM
At this point, pride is all we got.

kenny1937 wrote:
The litmus teat is an hour away, by eleven oclock we will know the status of our very dim playoff status, I hope we beat the Faiders, because they are the Faders, whether we continue to be the play off hunt or not, this is for good old fashion Pride!!

kenny1937
12-26-2006, 02:21 AM
I totally agree coach, and no matter what happens next week, there were more teams in the NFL with worse records, than the Chiefs and they did give us 8 wins to feel good by, and maybe 9, so we just say GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars, and with the never ending hope of next season that beats in the chest of every Chief's Fan, it has been a lot of fun on this great board. I hope that we end our season on a winning note, and finally, "Happy New Year"!!

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 08:09 AM
[quote]
admin wrote:
At this point, pride is all we got.[quote]

Some would say that pride waved bye, bye in Cleveland, but you are correct sir. I, however, am torn because if we win the last game to end the season 9-7 we still do not have a realistic shot at the playoffs but may have saved some of our pride, and slipped further down in the picking order come draft day. Although, admittedly, I don't know just how much difference one more game is going to make.

kenny1937
12-26-2006, 12:14 PM
That is a reasonable assessment Chieftser, even if we had the First pick, my confidence that management would know what to do with it, is shot. At least at 9-7 we finish over 50%, and can feel somewhat good about a season that went awry after the injury to Trent, we still don't know what Mr. Hunt is going to do, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Jaguars!!

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 02:51 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
That is a reasonable assessment Chieftser, even if we had the First pick, my confidence that management would know what to do with it, is shot. At least at 9-7 we finish over 50%, and can feel somewhat good about a season that went awry after the injury to Trent, we still don't know what Mr. Hunt is going to do, so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Meh, at this point 9-7 or 8-8 is all about the same; it = no playoffs this season.

chief31
12-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Is that really going to be your assesment of this season?!?!?! A season that went awry when Trent Green was injured?!?!?!

It was a season where the team was only capable of doing anything when Trent WAS injured.

I've said it before, I love Trent Green too. But, I love the Chiefs above any one player. I won't be blinded by that kind of favoritism.

Huard played like an absolute, stud, and the Chiefs won when he was starting. Whereas, Grenn has struggled, and the Chiefs have eliminated themselves from the playoff spot that Huard had us in position to win, since he came back from injury.

Chiefster
12-26-2006, 09:48 PM
chief31 wrote:
Is that really going to be your assesment of this season?!?!?! A season that went awry when Trent Green was injured?!?!?!

It was a season where the team was only capable of doing anything when Trent WAS injured.

I've said it before, I love Trent Green too. But, I love the Chiefs above any one player. I won't be blinded by that kind of favoritism.

Huard played like an absolute, stud, and the Chiefs won when he was starting. Whereas, Grenn has struggled, and the Chiefs have eliminated themselves from the playoff spot that Huard had us in position to win, since he came back from injury.

Not to totally disagree with your assessment, but the fact of the matter is that when Huard was in, the offensive play calling was such that it catered to Huards strengths; as well it should have. When we got Trent back we went back to Hermy-ball which is in reality the old Marty-ball. You know run, run, pass, punt.

kenny1937
12-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Right on Chiefster, no one else seem to notice that difference, and it was in the play calling, one tends to compare QB's when in reality you have to look at the type of plays called for the individual QB's, look upstairs to the guy sitting in the little room with headsets on feeding the plays down to the field, Hey Mike, Wake Up In The Projection Booth!!

wolfpack
12-27-2006, 11:02 AM
i`m kinda looking forward to the offseason. just to see if or what changes are made. will it be lite weight ones or big ones. let them (clark) start by firing queen carl! this team needs,or should i say "must",make major changes. i`m tired of "needing" help to get to the playoffs.

kenny1937
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Yep, let's get a team of Chiefs that will circle that NFL Wagon, and get us a Super Bowl!!

Chiefster
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Right on Chiefster, no one else seem to notice that difference, and it was in the play calling, one tends to compare QB's when in reality you have to look at the type of plays called for the individual QB's, look upstairs to the guy sitting in the little room with headsets on feeding the plays down to the field, Hey Mike, Wake Up In The Projection Booth!!

Yep!

Chiefster
12-27-2006, 09:22 PM
wolfpack wrote:
i`m kinda looking forward to the offseason. just to see if or what changes are made. will it be lite weight ones or big ones. let them (clark) start by firing queen carl! this team needs,or should i say "must",make major changes. i`m tired of "needing" help to get to the playoffs.

Yep it would be nice to get there out right.

kenny1937
12-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Ditto Chiefster, Ditto.

Chiefster
12-28-2006, 05:27 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Ditto Chiefster, Ditto.

Well, not that we'll get there on our own out right any time soon.

kenny1937
12-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Not this season anyway, the ongoing saga will have to be played out next season. Maybe saga is to strong a description. (grin).

Chiefster
12-29-2006, 11:25 PM
kenny1937 wrote:
Not this season anyway, the ongoing saga will have to be played out next season. Maybe saga is to strong a description. (grin).

You mean the next couple of seasons until Queen Carls contract is up.

kenny1937
12-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, what ever it takes, (grin) I have been patient for so many years, what is a couple of more.

wolfpack
12-31-2006, 11:22 AM
on another chiefs board there was a topic that said espn reported that gonzo was offered 15 mill signing bonus and 5 mill ayear. couldn`t find anything to back it up,probably board bs,but thats alot of money for a aging TE. especialy since we have so many gapping holes to fill.

kenny1937
12-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I heard the same thing, I am waiting for Official notification on this one.

wolfpack
12-31-2006, 06:15 PM
i did hear on fox that gonzo was offered a big $ contract. they didnt say how much but it was big $. i did wish they would have forced feed TG the ball in the endzone. at least if he leaves the td record would have been as a chief.

Chiefster
12-31-2006, 06:29 PM
wolfpack wrote:
i did hear on fox that gonzo was offered a big $ contract. they didnt say how much but it was big $. i did wish they would have forced feed TG the ball in the endzone. at least if he leaves the td record would have been as a chief.

Yep! 15 million resigning bonus and 5 million a year for an unspecified number of years.

kenny1937
12-31-2006, 09:28 PM
"WOW!!!"

GO CHIEFS :hammer: Indy!!

kenny1937
01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Next Week End we get Peyton Manning and the Colts, Because WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!! (wonder what the odds was in Vegas of that happening)

Can we make the Super Bowl, remember now, no one said we could make the play offs, anything, no matter how rediculous it seems, can happen, got my fingers crossed!!

cochief
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Any givin play-off team can wind up in the Super Bowl. That's the greatest thing about making it to the Play-Offs! In the past,the Chiefs went in feeling invinceable because of having a season where everything went their way and having homefield. I look for this years team to go to Indy with a chip on their shoulder and playing with a lot of attitude,especially LJ! GO GHIEFS :hammer: INDY!!!!!!

cochief
01-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Any givin play-off team can wind up in the Super Bowl. That's the greatest thing about making it to the Play-Offs! In the past,the Chiefs went in feeling invinceable because of having a season where everything went their way and having homefield. I look for this years team to go to Indy with a chip on their shoulder and playing with a lot of attitude,especially LJ! GO GHIEFS :hammer: INDY!!!!!!

Chiefster
01-01-2007, 09:30 PM
cochief wrote:

Sure hope your right! It was such a good statement you had to say it twice eh? :-D

kenny1937
01-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Hey cochief, say it as many time as you like, I like the way you think!!

kenny1937
01-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Division leaders W-L Remaining schedule
1. CHARGERS — x 14-2
2. RAVENS — x 13-3
3. COLTS — y 12-4 CHIEFS 9-7
4. PATRIOTS- y 12-4 JETS 10-6

Wild-card teams W-L Div. Conf. Next Game
5.JETS z10-6 NE 12-4
6.CHIEFS z 9-7 COLTS 12-4

x=clinched home-field advantage throughout playoffs
y=clinched division title
z=clinched playoff berth

We are in, all the pieces fell into place, our game with the Colts is winnable, we may be the team of destiny in this mix this year, I would like to see them go all the way, it would be a fitting tribute to Mr. Hunt. I say we do It, we have just as good a chance as any one else in a one game elimination, who would have thought that the Donks would be beaten in a key game at home. It will be interesting to see how this thing all plays out.

8-) :lol: :pint: [/quote]

I think it comes down to whoever has the ball last - again. JMHO

kenny1937
01-06-2007, 03:00 PM
The Colts!!Allen plants Manning, LJ has a great day running, 4 TDs, Tony G has a record breaking 4 TDs, Eddie has 6 spectacular catches, 4 TDs, Green hangs on to the ball, and throws no INTs, and WE WIN, that would make a great day for me.

GO CHIEFS :hammer:The Colts!!

chief31
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm down with that, Kenny. I'll be thrilled to see enough of those predictions become reality, that we win.

Go Chiefs!!! Just win, baby!!! I don't care how, just win!!!