PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Alex Smith thinks being a game manager will help this we

Coach
01-13-2016, 03:30 PM
By Josh Alper (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/alex-smith-thinks-being-a-game-manager-will-help-this-weekend/) http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/504201534-e1452712429362.jpg?w=200&h=170&crop=1
Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith has been called a game manager many times over the course of his career and seemed to bristle at it a few years ago. That feeling seems to have gone away. During a conference call on Wednesday, Smith was asked if he takes it as a slight when people describe himů
Read more… (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/alex-smith-thinks-being-a-game-manager-will-help-this-weekend/)

ctchiefsfan
01-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Don't much care what people call Alex...a name is just a name. So long as at the end of the Patriots game the scoreboard says he is a "Game Winner" I'll be happy.

Kcman
01-13-2016, 06:50 PM
Lol i call him a game winer!!! ....

doobs_05
01-13-2016, 07:51 PM
If the D starts slipping he (and the offense) need to step it up

ctchiefsfan
01-13-2016, 10:41 PM
If the D starts slipping he (and the offense) need to step it up

Be honest with you doobs, even if the Defense plays at the level they have been I think the Offense is going to need to step it up a couple of notches. I simply don't see our Defense as being good enough to shut down a fairly healthy Patriots team in Foxboro in the playoffs...or anyway not like we have shut down some other teams.

Needless to say "any given Sunday" still applies and we could wind up crushing them like we did last year but I view it as exceedingly unlikely.

All in all I think the Patriots are far and away the toughest team we have any chance of facing between now and the Super Bowl.

doobs_05
01-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Be honest with you doobs, even if the Defense plays at the level they have been I think the Offense is going to need to step it up a couple of notches. I simply don't see our Defense as being good enough to shut down a fairly healthy Patriots team in Foxboro in the playoffs...or anyway not like we have shut down some other teams.

Needless to say "any given Sunday" still applies and we could wind up crushing them like we did last year but I view it as exceedingly unlikely.

All in all I think the Patriots are far and away the toughest team we have any chance of facing between now and the Super Bowl.

I feel if we lose any game this post season, we'll be looking at the offense, losing maclin did not help.

ctchiefsfan
01-13-2016, 10:51 PM
I feel if we lose any game this post season, we'll be looking at the offense, losing maclin did not help.

No doubt.

matthewschiefs
01-13-2016, 11:01 PM
IMO this is a game where for the Chiefs a game manager type will help

My biggest fear is getting into a shootout with Brady. If it's that type of game I just don't see the chiefs coming out on top

doobs_05
01-13-2016, 11:05 PM
IMO this is a game where for the Chiefs a game manager type will help

My biggest fear is getting into a shootout with Brady. If it's that type of game I just don't see the chiefs coming out on top

Unless first half 2013 wild card game Alex smith/offense shows up.

People cam say NE looked bad the last 2 weeks but those were division games

matthewschiefs
01-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Unless first half 2013 wild card game Alex smith/offense shows up.

People cam say NE looked bad the last 2 weeks but those were division games

They would have to do something I don't think they did all year PUT A WHOLE GAME TOGETHER on offense. If they haven't done it by now one may question if they have it in them. But you never know.

My thinking is if it's a low scoring game the Chiefs win the game
If it's a shootout I don't think we have much of a chance.

And not only were the last 2 pats games dicision games but they had an extra week to get healthy

Kcman
01-14-2016, 03:42 AM
Im not trying be a homer but man some of the people there getting back haven't played very long time there going to be a lot of rust.. We need strike fast scoring much as we can before these players shake of the rust .. And number 2 brady ankle still hurting him i promise u the more we can get dee ford Houston and hali to move him around the better off will be!!! I would even bring in some ron parker blitzz we don't want brady set in pocket and eat us up... We need to keep that never give up attuide and play all 4 quarters i rly believe we can win this game..

doobs_05
01-14-2016, 10:41 AM
Im not trying be a homer but man some of the people there getting back haven't played very long time there going to be a lot of rust.. We need strike fast scoring much as we can before these players shake of the rust .. And number 2 brady ankle still hurting him i promise u the more we can get dee ford Houston and hali to move him around the better off will be!!! I would even bring in some ron parker blitzz we don't want brady set in pocket and eat us up... We need to keep that never give up attuide and play all 4 quarters i rly believe we can win this game..

Getting to Brady is how most teams beat the pats