PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Pederson...

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2016, 03:05 AM
Latest reports are that Chiefs OC Doug Perderson is now the leading candidate for the Eagles head coaching position. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/195881/with-giants-set-to-make-ben-mcadoo-head-coach-eagles-turn-to-doug-pederson

Looks like the Eagles are really regretting firing Reid.

NickheadKCAU
01-14-2016, 04:21 AM
hes a lock...

that said... i believe no organization should be allowed to speak to any prospective coach until after the super bowl.

its a seriously unnecessary distraction.

coaches can wait.

NickheadKCAU
01-14-2016, 04:38 AM
think charlie weis as chiefs oc, interviews before the kc baltimore game, they get their asses kicked...

had that 'distraction' been eliminated, kc 'could have' beaten baltimore!!

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2016, 01:09 PM
hes a lock...

that said... i believe no organization should be allowed to speak to any prospective coach until after the super bowl.

its a seriously unnecessary distraction.

coaches can wait.

Agreed. That puts everybody on a level playing field. Naturally coaches, GMs and assistants that have been fired before the Super Bowl should be free to have their agents contacts teams.

Seek
01-14-2016, 01:11 PM
think charlie weis as chiefs oc, interviews before the kc baltimore game, they get their asses kicked...

had that 'distraction' been eliminated, kc 'could have' beaten baltimore!!

Nah, he and Haley had a falling out the week before against the Raiders.

Seek
01-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Uh that article said he would be hired when the Chiefs are eliminated from the play offs. There is a slap to the face. Lets not get eliminated from the play offs and just win it. Stupid ESPN writers.

Eydugstr
01-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Agreed. That puts everybody on a level playing field. Naturally coaches, GMs and assistants that have been fired before the Super Bowl should be free to have their agents contacts teams.

+1. Save it for the morning after.

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Yeah....This business of people interviewing while they are preparing for a playoff game is BS. Once you know you have the new job and promotion how much is your mind going to be on preparing for the playoffs????

Eydugstr
01-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Yeah....This business of people interviewing while they are preparing for a playoff game is BS. Once you know you have the new job and promotion how much is your mind going to be on preparing for the playoffs????

Hopefully Pederson has been so involved with the team and the season that for him it's actually harder to think about anything else. Bad timing.

Chiefs4life24
01-14-2016, 06:35 PM
I'd keep an eye on Matt Nagy, #Chiefs QB coach to replace Doug Pederson as OC. Andy's been grooming him for years. Star young coach

NickheadKCAU
01-15-2016, 04:35 PM
here is why nfl teams should wait till after the superbowl...

lets say the chiefs lost last week and pederson is now the coach of the eagles.

then lets say the broncos win the superbowl, but for whatever reason kubiak signs off and retires.

lets say pedersons' dream job was with the broncos... now hes screwed.

this is just a hypothetical, but worth a mention when comes to teams trying to hire before the season is done..

ctchiefsfan
01-15-2016, 11:17 PM
here is why nfl teams should wait till after the superbowl...

lets say the chiefs lost last week and pederson is now the coach of the eagles.

then lets say the broncos win the superbowl, but for whatever reason kubiak signs off and retires.

lets say pedersons' dream job was with the broncos... now hes screwed.

this is just a hypothetical, but worth a mention when comes to teams trying to hire before the season is done..

Aussie....I'm with you 100%!!!! No interviews until after the Super Bowl--unless the guy you want to interview has already been fired.

NickheadKCAU
01-16-2016, 05:09 AM
Aussie....I'm with you 100%!!!! No interviews until after the Super Bowl--unless the guy you want to interview has already been fired.

see, i say same goes for those that get fired...

again.. one opportunity might not be there until later too...

it simply makes it an even playing field when it comes to management and coaches...

there are restrictions on players why not management too!!!