PDA

View Full Version : It just sunk in.....

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2016, 06:34 PM
No...I'm not talking about the playoff win. That one sunk in pretty quick.

But today it hit me like a bolt of lightning out of the blue...

THE CHIEFS ARE SERIOUS SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS!!!

Who stands between the Chiefs and making the Super Bowl???

#1) The Patriots in Foxboro. We are banged up (who really knows how badly???) They are banged up (who really knows how badly???) Could we lose to the Pats? SURE WE COULD. ANY TEAM can lose to the Pats in the playoffs in Foxboro. They are a very tough team to beat in their own house in the playoffs. COULD WE BEAT THEM??? BET YOUR ASH WE COULD!!! I'm not talking "any given Sunday" type stuff, this Chiefs team is good enough to beat the Patriots even if the Patriots have a good game!!!

So who remains between our Chiefs and the Super Bowl if we beat the Pats?

#2) The Broncos? We beat them twice this year, but then blew our legs off with a shotgun in the first game. The Steelers? We already beat them this year and we did that when we were 1-5 and on a 5 game losing streak. YEP! WE CAN BEAT EITHER ONE OF THESE TWO TEAMS!!! AND WE DON'T NEED EITHER OF THEM TO HAVE A LOUSY GAME FOR US TO DO IT.

GENTLEMEN...THESE CHIEFS ARE SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS!!!!

brdempsey69
01-14-2016, 07:47 PM
^^ I believe all that, as well. It's up to the Chiefs now to go out on the field and prove it.

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2016, 08:03 PM
^^ I believe all that, as well. It's up to the Chiefs now to go out on the field and prove it.

Of course. Every one of the 3 teams that potentially stand between the Chiefs and a Super Bowl appearance *could* beat the Chiefs. All 3 are good enough. And the reverse also applies. But NONE of those 3 teams are so good that they could call the Chiefs "an easy win". Sometimes when we have made the playoffs is been obvious that it would take one hell of a lot of luck to get past the first round or two. That is not the case this year. Not a team left in the AFC that we don't stack up well against.

matthewschiefs
01-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Any team that makes it to this week is a superbowl contender

You HAVE to be a good team to get this far. Being lucky won't do it

brdempsey69
01-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Of course. Every one of the 3 teams that potentially stand between the Chiefs and a Super Bowl appearance *could* beat the Chiefs. All 3 are good enough. And the reverse also applies. But NONE of those 3 teams are so good that they could call the Chiefs "an easy win". Sometimes when we have made the playoffs is been obvious that it would take one hell of a lot of luck to get past the first round or two. That is not the case this year. Not a team left in the AFC that we don't stack up well against.

This team is not likened to many of Marty's teams (with the exception of 1997) or the 2003 (no Defense),2006, 2010, or 2013 squads, as those teams all had serious question marks. This 2015 team, does have the horses to pull the wagon. Even without Maclin, there is still some world-class speed for opposing defenses to deal with in the form of Conley, Wilson, West, and Davis, and if any of these guys get the ball in open space, they can outrun any defender that is on the rosters of the Donkeys, NE, and Pitt. Plus, the Chiefs defense has been superb during their 11-game win streak, & will get a great opportunity in NE to prove that they are the best in the game.

Kcman
01-15-2016, 12:22 AM
Yep it hit me 2 ctc I'm so excited i just pray they go out play there hearts out!!!

ctchiefsfan
01-15-2016, 12:37 AM
Yep it hit me 2 ctc I'm so excited i just pray they go out play there hearts out!!!

Kcman.....That is what it will take to beat the Patriots in New England. But if the team gives it all they've got they can win even if the Patriots are giving it all they have. We are better than they are. Only by a whisker and the homefield advantage and playoff experience advantage gives the Patriot an edge but we can easily win this game if we play our best.

Kcman
01-15-2016, 02:27 AM
I agree 110%

slc chief
01-15-2016, 08:09 AM
This team especially the defense is reminding me of the Seahawks team that won it all a few years ago. The intensity on defense the ball hawking takeaways. And the efficiency on offense. And let's not forget I believe the Seahawks were faced against the almighty saints an offensive juggernaut in new orleans that people didn't give them a chance against. Kind of like our patriots scenerio. I could be wrong on that though. Heck even alex smith and Russell Wilson are similar. Go chiefs

ctchiefsfan
01-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Heck even alex smith and Russell Wilson are similar. Go chiefs

I tried to say that a year or two ago and was told I was a fool who knew nothing about football. Happily that person is gone now. It's nice to see someone come to a similar conclusion.

slc chief
01-15-2016, 11:11 AM
I tried to say that a year or two ago and was told I was a fool who knew nothing about football. Happily that person is gone now. It's nice to see someone come to a similar conclusion.
Heck I was one of the smith nay sayers I will eat crow. He has proven alot this year. His style of play takes a while to get used to at the qb position.

kcvet
01-15-2016, 12:36 PM
well all the hype ends tomorrow. gear up time

Pro_Angler
01-15-2016, 02:12 PM
we can beat the chaters!!! pressure brady jam the frikin receivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! push up the middle will be huge.

kcvet
01-15-2016, 03:30 PM
we can beat the chaters!!! pressure brady jam the frikin receivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! push up the middle will be huge.

I think that's in the game plan. I want to see our special teams step up and make the game changers

ctchiefsfan
01-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Heck I was one of the smith nay sayers I will eat crow. He has proven alot this year. His style of play takes a while to get used to at the qb position.

That is for certain. The type of game he seems to be best at is quite different from "the model QB" these days. Most fans want a real gunslinger (someone like Tom Brady) these days--someone who throws 35-40 times per game (Brady averaged 39 attempts per game this year) and runs up 4,500 or more passing yards per season (Brady had 4,770 passing yards this season). That ain't Alex Smith. Alex averaged 29.4 attempts per game (about 25% less than Brady) and ran up 3,486 yards passing (about 27% less than Brady). Alex took 45 sacks this season. Brady 38. So it is easy to see that if you use someone like Brady as the ideal QB that Alex doesn't seem so hot.

But QBs like Brady are not easy to come by and if you don't have someone like Brady you still have to find a QB that you think can get you to the playoffs and beyond. Alex is pretty good for that if you have the right kind of team around him. He needs a good defense and a good running game. We have both. And Alex adds to that running game. We had 4 players rush for over 350 yards this season and had a total of 2044 yards. The Patriots had 1,404 yards rushing. The Chiefs had 640 more yards rushing than the Patriots. Alex was one of those 4 with 84 attempts for 498 yards. He had the highest yards per attempt (5.9).

The ideal is to win games and gaining yards helps win games. The Patriots had 5,991 offensive yards. The Chiefs 5,299. So the Patriots had 43.3 more offensive yards per game. But Defense helps win games too. The Chiefs forced 35 turnovers, the Patriots 34. The Chiefs gained 477 yards from interceptions. The Patriot 181. The Chiefs had a +14 turnover ratio. The Patriots +7. The Chiefs went 11-5. The Patriots 12-4.

So when it is all said and done Alex ain't no Tom Brady, but Tom Bradys aren't easy to come by and if you can't have a QB like Brady you can still win A LOT of games with a QB like Alex. Andy Reid's job was to make the Chiefs into winners. There was no Tom Brady clearly available in the draft in 2013 nor was there one in Free Agency so Reid went out and got a QB that he (Reid) thought could help turn the Chiefs into winners. Alex may not help win games the way most fans would like to see a QB help win, but in his own way he still gets the job done.

And what more can we ask than that???

ctchiefsfan
01-15-2016, 03:47 PM
I think that's in the game plan. I want to see our special teams step up and make the game changers

A TD from Special Teams or long returns that get us a lot of good field position would make a HUGE difference.