PDA

View Full Version : chiefs free agents. who should we bring back.

jason1981
01-18-2016, 11:51 AM
Heres the list from adam teicher on espn.

S*Husain Abdullah
OL*Jeff Allen
WR*Jason Avant
S*Eric Berry
S*Tyvon Branch
QB*Chase Daniel
DE*Mike DeVito
CB*Jamell Fleming
LB*Tamba Hali
DE*Jaye Howard
LB*Derrick Johnson
LB*Dezman Moses
CB*Sean Smith
OL*Donald Stephenson
LB*Frank Zombo

Looking at the list its prolly easier saying who i wouldnt bring back.

The ones i wouldnt is flemming, daniels, moses.

Im on the fence about is devito, avant, stephnson, abdullah and branch. Stephenson is still a good backup and with our track record could we find a better backup? Avant is a leader as you can see he was our best wr against the pats. He never gives up on a play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!! Wish that would rub off on other wr's. Abdullah is good but dont think hes irreplaceable. Branch is a servicble backup. Devito is good but bailey and howyard is better.

Must resigns is sean smith, hali, dj, howard, zombo, allen, berry. Sean smith has proved himself. Hali we resign as a partime player to keep him fresh and let dee ford start. DJ no explanation needed hes the heart beat and very good at diagnosing plays and breaking up plays in the backfield. Howyard is a beast and have him replace devito at end. Zombo is a good backup and could prolly start somewhere on another team. Allen is a must and make him our starting lg. Berry is also which at 1st of the year i was done and over him but if we keep him at free safety where he excelled then we should resign him. I think he will take a hometeam discount. Berry might also be good at linebacker if he ever wanted to switch positions. Like thomas davis of the oanthers. Have berry just move around and blitz where he wants with no design. Offenses would always have to guess and look for him. But if he had the freedom to roam and blitz where he wanted i think he would blow alot of plays up in the back field.

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Notable franchise tag values last year (won't be same this year but similar):

DT: $11.1M
LB: $13.1M
CB: $13M
S: $9.6M

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Chiefs drafting 28th in 2016 NFL Draft
by Matt Verderame 2h ago TWEET

The Kansas City Chiefs know where they will be drafting in the 2016 NFL Draft, which will take place on April 28 in Chicago, Ill. If this seems like the latest the Chiefs have picked in a while, that is because they have never picked further back than this before. Good sign for the future.

This is a draft class that doesn’t have a ton of skill position players, but is loaded on both the offensive and defensive lines. Should general manager John Dorsey choose to go that route (although as Dorsey always says, the board will dictate what Kansas City does) he will have plenty of options. The Chiefs have some needs, but those needs will fluctuate with free agency coming well before the draft.

Last year, Dorsey and the Chiefs drafted 18th overall and selected cornerback Marcus Peters. In the second round, Dorsey shocked everyone with a perceived reach and took center Mitch Morse out of the University of Missouri. As it turns out, Peters will easily win the Defensive Rookie of the Year while Morse was a stud on the interior.

If Kansas City can knock out another quality draft and add two or three more key players, it will be in prime position for a Super Bowl run.

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Chiefs opponents: Easier schedule ahead
by Matt Verderame 2h ago TWEET

The Kansas City Chiefs must start looking ahead to 2016 right away. After losing in the AFC Divisional playoffs by a 27-20 count to the New England Patriots on Saturday, the organization has no choice but to move full-speed ahead in hopes of capturing an elusive championship next year.

Much of Kansas City’s fate will rest on what happens this offseason in both the NFL Draft and free agency. Another factor to consider is the schedule. While we won’t know what the order of the slate is until sometime in mid-April, we do know who the Chiefs play, and where they play them. Here’s the rundown…

HOME: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Tennessee, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New York Jets
AWAY: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, Pittsburgh

In the immediate aftermath of the playoff loss, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin noted how important it is in 2016 to get a first-round BYE. To do that, the Chiefs probably need to reach 12 wins.

Looking at this schedule, Kansas City has a very real chance of running the table at Arrowhead Stadium. In fact, the Chiefs really should go 8-0 at home. The road docket has some tricky games, but you can certainly see four or five wins in there, with the only really hard game being against the Panthers. The Steelers, Raiders and Broncos won’t be gimmes either, but they are not impossible by any means.

slc chief
01-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Ouch that list is a long one full of talent

matthewschiefs
01-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Hali has proven he will take less to stay a Chief. So that's good hope DJ might be willing to do that as well.

List that I think we can let go and not miss much
1.Stephenson
2.Chase
3. Avant Just didn't do much this year
4. Fleming we can find his value in the draft I hope

HAVE to bring back Berry IMO

Chiefster
01-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Ouch! Awful lot of good players on the block.

N TX Dave
01-18-2016, 09:19 PM
According to over the cap we will be at $121 million and the cap should be around $152 million so we will have $31 million. We can cut Grubbs and save $4 million, Colquitt $4.4 million, Parker $2.2 million. Other than those 3 cut for $10.5 million no one else should be cut that can save us any money we could cut Poe for $6.2 savings and Charles for $5.3 savings but then we would miss them and us fans might demand Dorsey's head.

Chiefs4life24
01-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Colquitt isn't going anywhere and Parker, but for the right price I would listen to offers for Charles

Kcman
01-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Im going list of must keeps in order

1:sean smith
2: jeff allen
3: dj
4: howard
5: eb
6: haili 1 year deal to back up ford or houston

Keeping these guys i promise a surperbowl next year!!!

jason1981
01-19-2016, 01:25 AM
According to over the cap we will be at $121 million and the cap should be around $152 million so we will have $31 million. We can cut Grubbs and save $4 million, Colquitt $4.4 million, Parker $2.2 million. Other than those 3 cut for $10.5 million no one else should be cut that can save us any money we could cut Poe for $6.2 savings and Charles for $5.3 savings but then we would miss them and us fans might demand Dorsey's head.

Colquit and parker aint going nowhere. 31 mil under aint bad at all. Grubbs should be gone as well. He sucked. Also poe and charles are not going anywhere.

Kcman
01-19-2016, 02:03 AM
Yep would haft to agree jason grubbs should be gone he crap .... And i don't think dat coming back poe charles parker colquitt not going anywhere

N TX Dave
01-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Yep would haft to agree jason grubbs should be gone he crap .... And i don't think dat coming back poe charles parker colquitt not going anywhere

Oh I agree about Parker, Poe and Charles I was just saying those are the only cuts that could be made that would save any money, I am not so sure about Colquitt $4.4 million seems a lot for a punter but that may be a going price for a good one I don't know.

Chiefs4life24
01-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Why does no one on here watch college ball, I think everyone should that way you know who the Chiefs might get

Kcman
01-19-2016, 08:33 PM
I watch college ball ... There a big diff between college lvl and nfl thats why its a coin toss if that player is going be great in nfl or he going to be a bust... For example take tom brady back in college did u think he would have 4 super rings and as great as he is now?? Bc i sure didnt or how about my man joe montana little guy did u think he was going be what he was? You never no how there going fit in the nfl..

N TX Dave
01-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Another reason is I watch a lot of college FB but there are so many teams you cannot follow them all. I have my teams that I like and I will watch a couple of conferences but many teams I don't see all year unless they are in a bowl game I might get to see the team one or two games at most.

Chiefs4life24
01-20-2016, 01:08 AM
I watch almost all every weekend to keep track

Seek
01-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Eric Berry was replaced last year as they where and while I hear he was playing at a pro-bowl level. I didn't see it. His interceptions were poorly thrown balls right to him. Cant tell you how many times I saw him burnt on passes. That TD to Gronk in the play offs was a joke. He looked like a dog faked out by pretending to throw a ball.

He would have to take a very cap friendly contract.

DJ is probably too old to get a contract on another team we couldn't match.

Chiefs4life24
01-20-2016, 10:16 AM
DJ and Berry you studs are always welcome here please come back for us

jason1981
01-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Eric Berry was replaced last year as they where and while I hear he was playing at a pro-bowl level. I didn't see it. His interceptions were poorly thrown balls right to him. Cant tell you how many times I saw him burnt on passes. That TD to Gronk in the play offs was a joke. He looked like a dog faked out by pretending to throw a ball.

He would have to take a very cap friendly contract.

DJ is probably too old to get a contract on another team we couldn't match.

I was down on berry myself but he did i.prove alot once they moved him to free safety and yes some of it was prolly just being at the right place at the right time with the ints. Not sure if i would ever trust him to cover anyone but as a disrupter and tackler and his pursuit and passion he plays improved alot this year. If he could bulk up id love to see him as a linebacker. He wouldnt ha e to cover like a safety. When berry plays free and agressive he can disrupt plays as good as anyone. Covering has never been his strong suit. But he did improve alot but maybe not as much as hes hype up for. I think everyones giving him more credit cuz of cancer but to be honest before he was diagnosed i was ready for him to go but he came back strong and improved. He was the highest paid safety which he didnt deserve so maybe he will give credit to the chiefs and take a discount to stay cuz the chiefs were loyal to him. If he didnt ha e cancer i really believe the chiefs were planning to cut him.

brdempsey69
01-20-2016, 04:53 PM
^^ Not to knock Berry for anything, but he's already made an average of 10 mill over the past 6 seasons. This current regime doesn't really owe him that much per year going forward. They handled his situation properly and with as much class as anybody could ask for.

I can't see the value of resigning him at 10 mill. a season, regardless of how much of a fan favorite he may be. Either he accepts half of that per season, at the most, or he can walk.

Sean Smith, Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen are higher priorities to resign than Berry is. Sorry, but that is the way it is.

Kcman
01-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Very well said brd69 i agree 110% think berry needs take in house discount or walk... Dont get me wrong i love eb but there more important matters !! And sean smith and howard and jeff allen big!! For are charg to the big show

Chiefs4life24
01-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen need first priority, we can't make the same mistake with Allen that we do with everyother lineman

jason1981
01-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Jaye Howard and Jeff Allen need first priority, we can't make the same mistake with Allen that we do with everyother lineman

Allen is prolly the biggest if we move him to lg permanently.