PDA

View Full Version : Saunders question?

daviddsims
10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Guys I am a big Skins fan and just had a few questions to those who were familiar with Al Saunders. First off the Skins offense is bad. It looks just like the Gibbs offense before Saunders got there. I am thinking Gibbs is handcuffing him. Did Saunders ever throw the ball downfield cause the Skins dont. Did they always do WR screens also? And another thing I noticed was the they never do crossing routes over the middle. It is like those plays arent even in the offense. I know this is a Chiefs forum but I thought who better to answer these questions then you folks who watched the Saunders offense for 4 or 5 years. Also what is you opinion of Saunders now that he is gone? Thanks

Canada
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Guys I am a big Skins fan and just had a few questions to those who were familiar with Al Saunders. First off the Skins offense is bad. It looks just like the Gibbs offense before Saunders got there. I am thinking Gibbs is handcuffing him. Did Saunders ever throw the ball downfield cause the Skins dont. Did they always do WR screens also? And another thing I noticed was the they never do crossing routes over the middle. It is like those plays arent even in the offense. I know this is a Chiefs forum but I thought who better to answer these questions then you folks who watched the Saunders offense for 4 or 5 years. Also what is you opinion of Saunders now that he is gone? Thanks

I liked Saunders. He did great things for our offence, but I also think that Vermeil let him have his way with the O. A lot of screens were thrown with Priest and Tony Richardson and were very successful. I wouldn't say that they threw the ball downfield a ton, but we did have a 1000yard reciever every year so I guess he threw it enough. That is my quick tow cents, but I am sure that there are others on here who can give you a little more detailed info. :bananen_smilies046: Hope you stick around and enjoy the site. Even though you are a skins fan! :lol: Welcome to the Crowd!!

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Our offense was da bomb with Saunders!

He should be our head coach right now!

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, but it's the truth!

Heh!

daviddsims
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah I used to live close to KC so I still follow the Chiefs in the AFC. I just remember watching the Chiefs when Saunders and Vermeil were there and there offense looked nothing like the Skins now. I remember a bunch of stretch running plays which I never see now. It just looks like the most uncreative offense now with the Skins and just wanted to confirm my theory that Gibbs is choking Saunders down on playcalling.

Canada
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Our offense was da bomb with Saunders!

He should be our head coach right now!

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, but it's the truth!

Heh!

no...i think Huard should be the head coach...uhhh....I mean starting QB!! :lol:

hermhater
10-30-2007, 05:19 PM
no...i think Huard should be the head coach...uhhh....I mean starting QB!! :lol:

Heh! :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
10-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I think Saunders was horrible then and now, I cant say that I am a skins fan but I do feel sorry for pawning Saunders off on you, How bout as a show of faith we take Saunders back and we will give you Solari, and to show we really mean it we will throw in Drummond.

Just want to show we are sorry lol.

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 01:41 AM
I think Saunders was horrible then and now, I cant say that I am a skins fan but I do feel sorry for pawning Saunders off on you, How bout as a show of faith we take Saunders back and we will give you Solari, and to show we really mean it we will throw in Drummond.

Well if you really want to do them a favor why don't you help them out by taking Pete Kendall and Jon Jansen off their hands...I mean if you're gonna make amends do it right.

chief31
10-31-2007, 01:48 AM

I don't know, but seriously doubt, that Gibbs is holding Saunders back too much. I haven't seen enough of the 'Skins to determine if the offense looks familiar, but would think that one major difference might be the young quarterback. Not that he is making mistakes, but perhaps that Saunders is still trying to 'ween' him from poor decision-making, by minnimizing the potential for him to do so.

Overall, I was rather impartial to Saunders. Vermiel was the offensive genius. He brought the same system from the Rams with him. I hope that Saunders learned from him, but have yet to see much in the way of evidence, to support that idea. Although, since his arrival in Washington, I have been hearing alot about the improvement of the offensive line.

I can't say that I miss him. I will say that I miss Dick Vermiel, Willie Roaf, Will Shields and Tony Richardson more.

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 01:52 AM

that was cold blooded.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/94/I%27m_RickJames_*****%21.jpg

McLovin
10-31-2007, 01:53 AM
Well if you really want to do them a favor why don't you help them out by taking Pete Kendall and Jon Jansen off their hands...I mean if you're gonna make amends do it right.

Actually I am a lil homerish on this one, I don't know that I know anyone on the team other then Santana Moss and Clinton Portis, oooh and Ladell Betts, (Former Iowa Hawkeye and Im a Huge Hawkeye fan) although after looking I can see that Jon Jansen is on IR and they are both O-Line, so even though he is on IR sure we could assist there also, and if they want to get rid of Portis and Moss also, I guess we could find or make room.

hermhater
10-31-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't know, but seriously doubt, that Gibbs is holding Saunders back too much. I haven't seen enough of the 'Skins to determine if the offense looks familiar, but would think that one major difference might be the young quarterback. Not that he is making mistakes, but perhaps that Saunders is still trying to 'ween' him from poor decision-making, by minnimizing the potential for him to do so.

Overall, I was rather impartial to Saunders. Vermiel was the offensive genius. He brought the same system from the Rams with him. I hope that Saunders learned from him, but have yet to see much in the way of evidence, to support that idea. Although, since his arrival in Washington, I have been hearing alot about the improvement of the offensive line.

I can't say that I miss him. I will say that I miss Dick Vermiel, Willie Roaf, Will Shields and Tony Richardson more.

Sorry to homer in on this one, but I agree.

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 02:16 AM
Actually I am a lil homerish on this one, I don't know that I know anyone on the team other then Santana Moss and Clinton Portis, oooh and Ladell Betts, (Former Iowa Hawkeye and Im a Huge Hawkeye fan) although after looking I can see that Jon Jansen is on IR and they are both O-Line, so even though he is on IR sure we could assist there also, and if they want to get rid of Portis and Moss also, I guess we could find or make room.

I'm referring to their All Pro RT and Pete Kendall is a very versatile O-lineman (can play Guard or center)...

anaeelbackwards
10-31-2007, 02:50 AM
i miss the high flying offense. i miss seeing all that. but defense wins games... the defense can keep you in games just like we have been getting away with. i just hope at one point of the season the o-line can get their heads out of their a#@$% and do some decent blocking. the way we have been winning and playing offensively is a big big joke. if we didn't have a kick a$$ defense, we would be playing for first round draft kicks. don't get me wrong, we have great players on the o-line, but things aren't clicking. so all that being said and having nothing to do with this thread, I MISS CRYIN' DICK and the old players....bahblahblah:beer:

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 02:59 AM
DITTO!! I miss crying dick too! Its like they dont know who to even block.....midseason.. they better get that together if they want to be contenders.

tammietailgator
10-31-2007, 02:59 AM
although, I have faith they will

hermhater
10-31-2007, 03:05 AM
i miss the high flying offense. i miss seeing all that. but defense wins games... the defense can keep you in games just like we have been getting away with. i just hope at one point of the season the o-line can get their heads out of their a#@$% and do some decent blocking. the way we have been winning and playing offensively is a big big joke. if we didn't have a kick a$$ defense, we would be playing for first round draft kicks. don't get me wrong, we have great players on the o-line, but things aren't clicking. so all that being said and having nothing to do with this thread, I MISS CRYIN' DICK and the old players....bahblahblah:beer:

DITTO!! I miss crying dick too! Its like they dont know who to even block.....midseason.. they better get that together if they want to be contenders.

Posts of the Months together guys!

I can't navigate to do that right now, but someone else should.

Give the love.

Rep added!

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM

He also played high school ball in Blue Springs. He stayed at the motel my friend works at here over the 'skins bye week and he got to meet him. As far as Saunders goes... I can't remember who said it but I agree in missing Roaf, Shields, and Richardson more. Dick was a good coach but I didn't have much faith in Saunders and Robinson was a joke. I'm so glad we got Gun back.

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Welcome back brother F0e. We were wondering how you were the other day. Glad to see you just took a break during the bye week.

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome back brother F0e. We were wondering how you were the other day. Glad to see you just took a break during the bye week.

Thanks. I really wasn't meaning to take so long of a break but I have been really busy lately. Business has been picking up a lot. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hire my first employee not too long into next year, possibly. I can't wait to get some underlings to boss around! :lol:

rbedgood
10-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks. I really wasn't meaning to take so long of a break but I have been really busy lately. Business has been picking up a lot. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hire my first employee not too long into next year, possibly. I can't wait to get some underlings to boss around! :lol:

Glad to hear business is up. Hope that you're able to find a good employee...you own and IT type business right...??? If so, there are plenty around here, problem is you probably don't want to hire an employee that you know has a drinking problem...:yahoo:

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear business is up. Hope that you're able to find a good employee...you own and IT type business right...??? If so, there are plenty around here, problem is you probably don't want to hire an employee that you know has a drinking problem...:yahoo:

:lol: I have a drinking problem too. Namely, I don't have a beer in my hand right now!

In all seriousness, I am going to hire my bro as a full-time tech and eventually my service manager so I can get him out of the hell-hole that is best buy...

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:27 PM
:lol: I have a drinking problem too. Namely, I don't have a beer in my hand right now!

In all seriousness, I am going to hire my bro as a full-time tech and eventually my service manager so I can get him out of the hell-hole that is best buy...

U need any part time help?? I am in KC once in a while. Don't know much about computers and I am drunk a lot and often late for work. Shall I send a resume?? :bananen_smilies046: I can also help you drinking problem (the one where u don't have one in your hand)

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
U need any part time help?? I am in KC once in a while. Don't know much about computers and I am drunk a lot and often late for work. Shall I send a resume?? :bananen_smilies046: I can also help you drinking problem (the one where u don't have one in your hand)

I will need some 12th-man-power at Arrowhead stadium on certain Sundays of your choosing. Just let me know when you are coming down so I can make arrangements and let the other teams know that they will be served shortly.

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:38 PM
I will need some 12th-man-power at Arrowhead stadium on certain Sundays of your choosing. Just let me know when you are coming down so I can make arrangements and let the other teams know that they will be served shortly.

I will be there a lot next season. Wife done skool and workin to send me away to Chiefs games!! :yahoo:

m0ef0e
10-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I will be there a lot next season. Wife done skool and workin to send me away to Chiefs games!! :yahoo:

Right on. Hopefully I won't be quite as poor by next season and can go to more games.

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Right on. Hopefully I won't be quite as poor by next season and can go to more games.

I will buy tickets for everyone in the crowd!! :bananen_smilies046:

*I will not buy tickets for the whole crowd!!

timsatt1
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
so what you are all saying is basically that you like dick.

and the tailgator chick likes a "crying" dick. Sounds kinky.

hmmm...interesting.

Canada
10-31-2007, 06:54 PM
so what you are all saying is basically that you like dick.

and the tailgator chick likes a "crying" dick. Sounds kinky.

hmmm...interesting.

WTF??