PDA

View Full Version : Alex smiths backup

marloweopatchiefs
02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Was just wondering who everyone thought would be the backup next year now that daniel is gone. I still like Tyler bray.

Chiefs4life24
02-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Murray or they draft Kevin Hogan from Stanford in round 6

rodu
02-15-2016, 06:48 PM
I can't see us having a backup with no game exp, it's either Daniel or a FA

ctchiefsfan
02-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Was just wondering who everyone thought would be the backup next year now that daniel is gone. I still like Tyler bray.

Makes 2 of us.

NickheadKCAU
02-16-2016, 01:57 PM
rg3, chase to philly

NickheadKCAU
03-02-2016, 01:19 AM
bradford staying definitely changes the equation.

jason1981
03-02-2016, 09:52 AM
I like tyler bray. I think he would have beaten out daniels last year if he hadnt got injured. Daniel would have been gone last year. I wouldn't mind having bray as a back up and rg3 as 3rd string to see if ried can improve rg3.

KCMASS
03-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Don't you guys think we should look towards the future in this years draft? I like Murray (he's got heart) but, I don't think he's starter material. I like Alex, but we should look @ a prospect this year or the next IMHO. We have one of the worst history of drafting QB's.

I wouldn't want Brey as our back-up QB.

Eydugstr
03-02-2016, 12:34 PM
This draft seems pretty wide open, from the Chiefs' standpoint. While I think the lineup will be Alex, Tyler and Murray...If a really good QB drops in the draft and we can afford to take a chance with the pick, why not. It seems likely to me that Chase Daniels will get an offer to start somewhere (Philly maybe?)

Seek
03-02-2016, 01:00 PM
I can't see us having a backup with no game exp, it's either Daniel or a FA

Really, How much experience did Daniel have. It certainly was not enough to call him game experienced. If the Chiefs feel either Bray or Murray can handle it, doesn't that qualify. They have to get experience some where.

NickheadKCAU
03-03-2016, 11:48 PM
This draft seems pretty wide open, from the Chiefs' standpoint. While I think the lineup will be Alex, Tyler and Murray...If a really good QB drops in the draft and we can afford to take a chance with the pick, why not. It seems likely to me that Chase Daniels will get an offer to start somewhere (Philly maybe?)

they did the same thing for bray..

i dont see the chiefs doing anything qb related this year aside from offloading daniel.

bill444
03-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Really, How much experience did Daniel have. It certainly was not enough to call him game experienced. If the Chiefs feel either Bray or Murray can handle it, doesn't that qualify. They have to get experience some where.

i think murray was drafted to be Daniel's replacement. bray was and still is a project.

jason1981
03-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Murray doesnt habe the arm to succeed in the nfl. Bray will be the back up.

Chiefs4life24
03-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Murray has everything you want

jason1981
03-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Murray arms weak. He lobs his passes. Just like daniels does. Defense will eat his arm up.

Chiefs4life24
03-07-2016, 08:58 PM
I respectfully dissagree

jason1981
03-08-2016, 12:51 AM
I just want a qb who has an arm and can make all the throws and can throw into tight windows. Murray cant throw hard enough to mke those tight throws. He has to anticipate and lob it in. If bray can stay healthy he has a chance.

NickheadKCAU
03-08-2016, 01:01 AM
i seem to remember a guy named montana that didnt have the greatest arm.

another former chief too, trent green...

had a weaker arm than most.

Seek
03-08-2016, 01:14 PM
i think murray was drafted to be Daniel's replacement. bray was and still is a project.

Murray was supposed a first pick his JR year. He chose to go back and got hurt. He has potential to replace Alex, not just Chase

jason1981
03-08-2016, 02:11 PM
I just dont want a qb with limitations. But i know that asking alot.

Seek
03-08-2016, 04:27 PM
I just dont want a qb with limitations. But i know that asking alot.

Based on last years pre-season. I was kind of shocked they kept Chase with his salary compared to Murray. Murray looked the part and thought they could part ways with Daniel.

jason1981
03-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Based on last years pre-season. I was kind of shocked they kept Chase with his salary compared to Murray. Murray looked the part and thought they could part ways with Daniel.

I think murrays arm is the same as daniels. So dont think much drop from daniels to murray as in arm talent besides te mental aspect. But bray i think has the nfl arm and can make all the throws.

Chiefs4life24
03-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Here's the thing we've never got to see if Bray can play, who know if he can doesn't matter if he can't stay healthy

Seek
03-09-2016, 08:57 AM
I think murrays arm is the same as daniels. So dont think much drop from daniels to murray as in arm talent besides te mental aspect. But bray i think has the nfl arm and can make all the throws.

I understand Bray has an arm. I don't think he has the intelligence and mental ability to be an NFL QB. He has made mental mistakes during pre-season specially under pressure. That was the big knock on him when he was not drafted. His interviews with teams killed him.

I have no expectations of him being anything more than a back up. Don't know why you guy love him so much. He has done nothing to support it.

Frankenchief
03-09-2016, 01:23 PM
If I'm Dorsey I'm trading down to get Paxton Lynch. Couple of years behind Alex and he'll be ready to go.

Frankenchief
03-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I did too. But before his injury, he was disappointing last year in the preseason. I wanted to see more polish and he didn't show it.

ctchiefsfan
03-09-2016, 01:35 PM
I did too. But before his injury, he was disappointing last year in the preseason. I wanted to see more polish and he didn't show it.

I haven't seen much from Bray either. But we extended his contract and gave him a raise. Reid must think he sees something in him. If Reid thinks there is some potential we haven't seen then I'm OK with keeping Bray. He's going to cost us $620K this year with no guaranteed money. We can cut him any time with no dead money. Not much risk.