PDA

View Full Version : From some people close to the team, DJ and Smith may be gone

Seek
02-24-2016, 08:56 AM
DJ came out last week and said he wants to stay in KC. He is the ideal player to have on the team, from leadership and ability, however, his age and suspected price tag may be too high. This is just speculation, but some close to the Chiefs feel that unless he signs a very friendly deal they Chiefs may look to go younger. I HATE this!!

Sean Smith, is most likely gone. They suspect he is looking for top dollar. There is many debates that his success was not his own, but the bi-product of a good pass rush. He was beat when Qb's had time and many times argued with refs that he was pushed off, when beat.

Mike DeVito and Tamba are probably gone too. DeVito because we have younger options and Tamba because is age is catching up to him. When it gets to the point he is no longer practicing late in the season to help recoup, it is a sign he is getting too old.

Chiefs4life24
02-24-2016, 10:18 AM
So linebackers it is then in the 2016 draft

jason1981
02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
Sounds likeyour just speculating and just your opinions. Wheres your source of people close to the team saying this? People said te same thing about alex gordon with the royals md look where he stayed. Wish people would stop spreading rumors which thats all this is. Never know what the truth is. I think dj will be back and a strong chnce smith as well. Hali and diveto are the two i think are less likely to be back than all the rest. Hali i would like to come back as a situational player and keep him fresh.

Seek
02-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Sounds likeyour just speculating and just your opinions. Wheres your source of people close to the team saying this? People said te same thing about alex gordon with the royals md look where he stayed. Wish people would stop spreading rumors which thats all this is. Never know what the truth is. I think dj will be back and a strong chnce smith as well. Hali and diveto are the two i think are less likely to be back than all the rest. Hali i would like to come back as a situational player and keep him fresh.
I think I clearly said that it was speculation. But they are people who are close to the Chiefs. Such as Adam Teicher and Tim Grunhard. Yes they are speculating and don't know what the Chiefs are doing. It is the same as Alex Gordon.

The forum is dead. I just thought I would share what I being said.

Chiefs4life24
02-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Adam Teicher is a douchbag

jason1981
02-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Adam Teicher is a douchbag

Quoted for truth. He sucks balls. Hey just writes anything just for a check. Lot of its just stuff every one already knows. And seek your right this forum is dead right now. Im hoping it picks up closer we get to the draft.

Seek
02-25-2016, 08:42 AM
One thing about Alex Gordon, it was the national media saying he wouldn't return to the Royals when their team said they were interested. Alex always said he wanted to be in KC. The rumors of him going to St. Louis etc were quickly dismissed days after the new broke.

That may be the case with DJ. I would hate to see him leave as I don't think there is a market for him that we can't match.

If Tamba is truly wearing down to the point he is no longer practicing. He will decline as the season progresses.

jason1981
02-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Hali would be a great fit for patriots ifhe wanted to go chase a ring. Or dj for that matter but i think dj will be staying put

Chiefs4life24
02-26-2016, 10:31 PM
Chiefs
Jason La Canfora expects OLB Tamba Hali to return to the Chiefs, given that they mean a great deal to him.
However, La Canfora hears that Hali actually has a decent amount of interest in him, which probably isnít all that surprising considering the limited depth at pass rusher in this yearís market.
La Canfora hints that the franchise tag is likely coming for S Eric Berry.

Eydugstr
02-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Can't see DJ or Hali playing somewhere else. Berry will probably get tagged.

Sean Smith really shot himself in the foot with the suspension and with his performance in '13. Which is a shame because the past two years he really improved his play.

ctchiefsfan
03-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I'd be shocked if we let Tamba leave. He wants to finish his career as a Chief and he has shown he is willing to take a hit in the wallet to stay a Chief. And like any top tier player he wants a shot at a Super Bowl. The Pats might give him a better shot, but nobody is going to say at this point that the Chiefs are not in contention. Hali stays 1 maybe 2 more years.

DJ....he may be more problematic. There are some teams out there that are going to dangle a LOT of money in front of him. Probably more money than the Chiefs can really afford to pay given all the free agents they have this year. If DJ goes wherever the biggest offer comes from then he is probably gone. Sad...but I think true. On the other hand, I think DJ would like to finish out his career as a Chief. So I think it will all come down to if he is willing to take less money to stay a Chief and if so HOW MUCH.

Something to remember.....if we lose a lot of free agents this year we will be getting a bunch of compensatory picks for the 2017 draft like we did in the 2015 draft. I hate seeing long time Chiefs standouts go elsewhere, but in the end extra draft picks help keep the team fairly young and fairly inexpensive which helps us have more cash to spend on the guys WE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST KEEP.

Something else to consider....2017 is realistically the first year the Chiefs can consider cutting Alex Smith without killing themselves with dead money (though 2018 would be far better). Hence we probably keep Alex through 2017. It would be very interesting to go into 2017 with a boatload of picks to trade with either for a veteran or two in the twilight of their career or for draft position.

Chiefs4life24
03-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Tamba, D.J and Sean will all three net at least three 3rd round picks

ctchiefsfan
03-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Tamba, D.J and Sean will all three net at least three 3rd round picks

Don't be so sure. Remember that the maximum number of compensatory picks is 4; Free Agent pick-ups get counted against the number of compensatory picks you get and how the free agents you lose actually play in their first year with a new team are all factored into the equation.

And to top it all off, the NFL has never said what the actual equation is. So yeah....if we lost those three players we *could* get 3 picks. 3 picks in the 3rd round? NEVER HAPPEN. Remember that in 2015 we got 1 3rd rounder, 2 5th rounders and a 7th rounder. To get those picks we lost 5 free agents--Branden Albert, Geoff Schwartz, Dexter McCluster, Tyson Jackson and Jon Asamoah. So 3 third rounders for 3 lost free agents ain't a gonna happen.