PDA

View Full Version : DAT trade looming?????

Chiefs4life24
03-07-2016, 01:24 PM
There is a report that the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers are discussing a trade involving kick returner De’Anthony Thomas.

If you are ready for the start of a crazy day, you have come to the right place. There is a report out there that the 49ers are trying to acquire wide receiver/returner De’Anthony Thomas from the Chiefs, according to John Middlekauff.

Heard the #49ers have had talks with KC about acquiring De’Anthony Thomas in a trade

— John Middlekauff (@JohnMiddlekauff) March 7, 2016

Thomas’ story is very intriguing. He was knocked out of a Week 11 game against the San Diego Chargers with a concussion and despite being medically cleared to come back to action in December, he never did. There was plenty of speculation as to what took place, but the general idea is that Thomas didn’t feel he was ready, and the team thought he was.

Thomas was drafted by Kansas City in 2014 with a fourth-round pick, but it is unlikely that general manager John Dorsey could get that kind of return for a player who has not been much more than a special teams threat. The 49ers and Chiefs have prior experience in making trades with these two regimes. San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke sent A.J. Jenkins to the Chiefs for Jonathan Baldwin in 2013.

jason1981
03-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Maybe for a 3rd round pick. But definitely nothing less.

bill444
03-07-2016, 06:37 PM
I would take a 4th and draft another OL or DL prospect.

slc chief
03-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Chip Kelly must really want him so nothing less then a 3rd

NickheadKCAU
03-08-2016, 04:45 AM
maybe chip called d thomas after the injury, knowing he would be fired ROFL.

Seek
03-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Make the trade. He missed what 5 games after he was cleared, with two of those being a play off game. He doesn't want to play. Let him go for something and get a player in here who wants to play. Then sue San Fran for tampering.

ctchiefsfan
03-09-2016, 01:22 PM
I liked DAT. But have a feeling his career will not be long. Like in out of football by sometime in 2017 or sooner. If we can get something for him then I think it would be worth making the deal. We're likely to get some compensatory draft picks for the 2017 season so adding some extra picks to 2017 might be a good idea. Really fatten up our 2017 draft. Like maybe 11 or 12 picks. I'm thinking a conditional pick in 2017--either a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder depending on how he performs in 2016. If we did that and got a compensatory 3rd rounder for lost free agents this year that would put us sitting on 3 third round picks. That would be pretty sweet.

Chiefs4life24
03-09-2016, 01:38 PM
If he retires we wouldn't get compensatory picks though

ctchiefsfan
03-09-2016, 01:50 PM
If he retires we wouldn't get compensatory picks though

DAT is not a free agent. He is under contract. If we lose him it will be through a trade with the 49ers or Raiders both of whom have been said to be interested in DAT.

Compensatory picks will come as a result of free agents we lose this year. A trade for DAT would be in addition to any compensatory picks. If we traded him right away we'd get a pick this year, but because of concerns about his durability it would probably be a low pick. That's why I say trade him for a conditional pick in 2017. 4th round if he retires or injures out this year, 3rd round pick if he has a decent season this year.

In other words wait a year to use the pick we get in the hope that he has a good year this year and we therefore get a higher pick for him.