PDA

View Full Version : It's official! Leno out, O'Brien in! Now what do I do about Letterman?

hermhater
10-30-2007, 08:52 PM
NBC Executive: Leno Out, O'Brien In

21 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — If "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno is having second thoughts about surrendering his job as planned, NBC doesn't share them — at least not publicly.
"Conan O'Brien will take over `The Tonight Show' in 2009," NBC Universal President and CEO Jeff Zucker said Monday in New York at an event arranged by Syracuse University's S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
Zucker said he'd like Leno to remain with the company and that "we are in those conversations now."
"I'm hopeful that Jay will be with us," the executive told the question-and-answer session.
A deal for Leno's exit was finalized three years ago as part of NBC Universal's effort to keep "Late Night" host O'Brien from bolting to a competing network. Leno marked his 15th year as host of "Tonight" last May.
Leno has said he's comfortable with his planned departure but, according to a report earlier this month in the Los Angeles Times, the comedian has grown reluctant to retire as host of the fabled, top-rated late-night program.
Leno declined comment on the Times report when it was published. He had no comment Monday on Zucker's remarks, an NBC spokeswoman said.
NBC is owned by General Electric Co.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jW-W2y92RfMXilbBa6TWdMxa0mOgD8SJAHF00

rbedgood
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Leno will be missed.

tornadospotter
10-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Conan will not be as good a Leno, IMO.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Conan will not be as good a Leno, IMO.

I don't know.

He will be getting better writers I'm sure. The ones on Late Night are kind of hit and miss with the jokes.

I watch Letterman instead of Leno, so I can't really comment on Leno's humor. I have seen some funny clips though.

We will find out in 2009 I guess.

I also heard a rumor that John Stewart is gonna take over Conans show.

rbedgood
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
John Stewart would be an upgrade over Conan or Letterman...IMO. I like Leno, and although I used to like Letterman, I just find his act dull...not sure why.

hermhater
10-30-2007, 10:21 PM
John Stewart would be an upgrade over Conan or Letterman...IMO. I like Leno, and although I used to like Letterman, I just find his act dull...not sure why.

That's probably because it is!

His comedic talent is low, but the writers are good, and IMO he gets better guests being in NY.

John Stewart blows them all away though!