PDA

View Full Version : Hunt to appeal tampering penalties.

ctchiefsfan
03-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Chiefs.com has made it official. http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Statement-from-Chiefs-Chairman--CEO-Clark-Hunt-Regarding-2015-Negotiating-Period-Ruling/c1bcd8ea-a960-4e85-8e84-8b9f1b11896c?ut

Reading the language of Hunt's statement, it appears he is not denying the tampering but rather saying that given the uneven history of NFL enforcement of tampering rules that the punishment was excessive. Appears he is trying to get rid of the loss of the third round pick and maybe get it lowered to a 5th or 6th round. Goodell lost on the Brady mess and I suspect he will lose on this.

I think I see a new NFL commissioner coming in the next 2-3 years.

Eydugstr
03-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Chiefs.com has made it official. http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Statement-from-Chiefs-Chairman--CEO-Clark-Hunt-Regarding-2015-Negotiating-Period-Ruling/c1bcd8ea-a960-4e85-8e84-8b9f1b11896c?ut

Reading the language of Hunt's statement, it appears he is not denying the tampering but rather saying that given the uneven history of NFL enforcement of tampering rules that the punishment was excessive. Appears he is trying to get rid of the loss of the third round pick and maybe get it lowered to a 5th or 6th round. Goodell lost on the Brady mess and I suspect he will lose on this.

I think I see a new NFL commissioner coming in the next 2-3 years.

It's a little different situation with the NFL running the draft, as opposed to Brady being able to appeal his case to the courts, and an employer that was more than willing to have him back on his job. It might be the reason why Goodell chose to treat KC that harshly - This time he can make it stick.

ctchiefsfan
03-10-2016, 02:56 PM
It's a little different situation with the NFL running the draft, as opposed to Brady being able to appeal his case to the courts, and an employer that was more than willing to have him back on his job. It might be the reason why Goodell chose to treat KC that harshly - This time he can make it stick.

You make a good point. I hope you are wrong though.

Eydugstr
03-10-2016, 04:10 PM
You make a good point. I hope you are wrong though.

Hope I'm wrong as well. The punishment does NOT fit the "crime".