PDA

View Full Version : Webnews: Dwayne Bowe is still a Brown

Coach
03-13-2016, 04:31 PM
By Mike Florio (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/dwayne-bowe-is-still-a-brown/)http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/zz1hzwu0mtbkmju4yzqymta5zjq2m2fjztk2ndczyzexzg-e1457896037538.jpeg?w=200&h=170&crop=1
With all the departures from Cleveland this week, one that hasn’t happened continues to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Receiver Dwayne Bowe continues to be a member of the roster. It’s a surprise on the surface, given how little Bowe gave the Browns in exchange for the $9 million guaranteed he received when…
Read more… (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/dwayne-bowe-is-still-a-brown/)

ctchiefsfan
03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Once he gets released we should offer him a 1 year contract at $500,000 with a bonus of $2 million if he catches over 40 passes. PROVE IT!!!!!

NickheadKCAU
03-14-2016, 02:03 AM
stop ****ing talking about bowe coming back...

dumbest ****ing idea ever

:D

jason1981
03-14-2016, 11:00 AM
stop ****ing talking about bowe coming back...

dumbest ****ing idea ever

Thank you. I second that. Dumbest idea ever.

Seek
03-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Once he gets released we should offer him a 1 year contract at $500,000 with a bonus of $2 million if he catches over 40 passes. PROVE IT!!!!!

NO WAY.... Every receiver on our team deserves a roster over Bowe.

ctchiefsfan
03-14-2016, 04:32 PM
My post was kind of tongue-in-cheek guys. The idea was to insult him.

Eydugstr
03-15-2016, 08:44 AM
My post was kind of tongue-in-cheek guys. The idea was to insult him.

Well, suppose you could toss the idea by his agent...but I'm pretty sure that would get dropped, too. (drum crash)

matthewschiefs
03-15-2016, 01:41 PM
IMO offering Bowe a VERY LOW contract filled with incentives wouldn't be dumb at all.

When Bowe is motivated he can be a good WR. VERY good at times. The problem is he doesn't seem motivated that often. His biggest seasons have come in contract years. Give him an offer that has some motivation in it and he could be a DAMN GOOD 2 to go with Maclin.

This will never happen because someone out there would offer him a contract but it wouldn't be horrible if it were to happen IMO

Seek
03-15-2016, 06:04 PM
IMO offering Bowe a VERY LOW contract filled with incentives wouldn't be dumb at all.

When Bowe is motivated he can be a good WR. VERY good at times. The problem is he doesn't seem motivated that often. His biggest seasons have come in contract years. Give him an offer that has some motivation in it and he could be a DAMN GOOD 2 to go with Maclin.

This will never happen because someone out there would offer him a contract but it wouldn't be horrible if it were to happen IMO

Since he was busted for purchasing pot in Riverside. He literally has looked stoned. He is literally going through the motions and does not appear to have his heart in it back when he was ripping TD passes away from Tony G.

matthewschiefs
03-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Bowe is now a FA will be interesting to see if the Chiefs even talk to him or not

NickheadKCAU
03-17-2016, 03:48 AM
if any free agent signing were to happen on the cheap, id like to see geoffe swartz re-signed.

for depth.

Seek
03-17-2016, 01:46 PM
if any free agent signing were to happen on the cheap, id like to see geoffe swartz re-signed.

for depth.

I think he would love playing next to his brother.

ctchiefsfan
03-17-2016, 03:31 PM

EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. I am sick of the guy. BUT if we got him for next to nothing on a 1 year "prove it" deal plus a decent payday if he had a really outstanding year then I could tolerate him.

Deal would have to be NOTHING guaranteed with the understanding that IF he makes the squad he gets 4 games to show he is willing to REALLY FIGHT for a job or else he gets cut after 4 games and costing us maybe $125,000.

Under those types of circumstances I could see the sense in offering him a deal.

But his head is too big and he would never take such a deal.

NickheadKCAU
03-17-2016, 04:19 PM
EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. I am sick of the guy. BUT if we got him for next to nothing on a 1 year "prove it" deal plus a decent payday if he had a really outstanding year then I could tolerate him.

Deal would have to be NOTHING guaranteed with the understanding that IF he makes the squad he gets 4 games to show he is willing to REALLY FIGHT for a job or else he gets cut after 4 games and costing us maybe $125,000.

Under those types of circumstances I could see the sense in offering him a deal.

But his head is too big and he would never take such a deal.

you are talking about bowe, remember.

he's got nothing to prove aside from being a thief.

matthewschiefs
03-17-2016, 06:15 PM
you are talking about bowe, remember.

he's got nothing to prove aside from being a thief.

After last season he might very well feel that he does have something to prove.

It's not like he doesn't have talent or value. The thing about Bowe from day 1 has been motivation. After last year he might have some for this upcoming season.

I don't seeing any team giving him all that much. Without him having to EARN his money this year. And that might give him more motivation

jason1981
03-17-2016, 10:05 PM
Please stop already about bowe. He is washed up and done. Please stop with these ludicrous ideas. Dumbest ideas ever. Bowe has no talent or value. He had one good year whichi would say it was todd haleys doing more than bowe. Bowe has never been impressive. He got lot of his stats from busted plays or coverages and he always drop the easy passes. Just look how much better alex smith looked with a good wr than when he had bowe. It goes to show the trouble was with bowe and not on alex smith. Please for the love of god stopthis nonsense.

P.s. i would love to have geof swartz back at guard. Hes better than we have right now.

NickheadKCAU
03-17-2016, 11:13 PM
i propose a ban for anyone that suggests resigning bowe?

matthewschiefs
03-17-2016, 11:39 PM
Please stop already about bowe. He is washed up and done. Please stop with these ludicrous ideas. Dumbest ideas ever. Bowe has no talent or value. He had one good year whichi would say it was todd haleys doing more than bowe. Bowe has never been impressive. He got lot of his stats from busted plays or coverages and he always drop the easy passes. Just look how much better alex smith looked with a good wr than when he had bowe. It goes to show the trouble was with bowe and not on alex smith. Please for the love of god stopthis nonsense.

P.s. i would love to have geof swartz back at guard. Hes better than we have right now.

Bowe has talent. He has Value.

The thing with Bowe is he's one of the most confusing frustrating players to watch.

He will drop the easy passes that you mentioned alot

Then he will make a catch he has no business making. I recall a play to beat the colts in 2010 I think he was interfered with Cassel didn't make a great throw and he FREAKING WENT AND GRABBED THE BALL.

Maclin is no doubt better. That's why as I said if they were to talk to him they should offer a VERY low offer but Bowe isn't as bad as some Chiefs fans think. if he were to be brought back he wouldn't be the main target anymore. But he could be a very nice guy to go with Maclin IMO

NickheadKCAU
03-18-2016, 02:52 AM
at 1.8 million a reception, id say he's got value.

he knows how to maximize his per play pay.

Chiefs4life24
03-18-2016, 03:14 AM
Watch much formula 1 Nickhead there in Melbourne this weekend

NickheadKCAU
03-18-2016, 03:26 AM
i dont, BUT, i was thinking today about the bathurst track up the road from me..

an old mate back in kc, is a huge fan of nascar, and wondered if he'd ever heard of the track.

i used to watch some racing ages ago, but not these days.

Eydugstr
03-18-2016, 03:34 AM
Sorry I just don't get the idea of wanting to bring back Bowe, even as a #2, even at a super cheap deal. Too many critical drops! Let someone else learn what KC and Cleveland already found out. That's two teams in a row that thought the better option was to get rid of him and put up with the dead cap money. Believe that Streater or Conley can fight for the #2 spot, and keep playing Wilson in the slot.

NickheadKCAU
03-18-2016, 03:36 AM
i hope the patriots cut amendola and sign the former brown. let him prove me wrong (on another team).

jason1981
03-18-2016, 04:29 AM
i propose a ban for anyone that suggests resigning bowe?

Where do i sign the petition for it. Thats a great idea. People who want bowe back no matter what the price is lose a little value on your opinions in my book.

Seek
03-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Bowe has talent. He has Value.

The thing with Bowe is he's one of the most confusing frustrating players to watch.

He will drop the easy passes that you mentioned alot

Then he will make a catch he has no business making. I recall a play to beat the colts in 2010 I think he was interfered with Cassel didn't make a great throw and he FREAKING WENT AND GRABBED THE BALL.

Your living in 2010. It is 2016. He has regressed to 6 catches a year. He dropped one against KC trying to keep his feet in bounds when it wasn't even a question he was still in bounds. He hasn't caught a TD pass in 2 and half years.

HE has ZERO value.

ctchiefsfan
03-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Being realistic, the signing of Streater has pretty much made the whole Bowe question moot.