PDA

View Full Version : if we get a lead let Croyle play!



wolfpack
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
if we get any kind of a lead let croyle play. if he is the future he wont learn from the bench. trents getting old,haurd will be gone so let croyle learn. bad part is he will learn behind a very leaky o-line. we wont know till he`s in.

Old_admin
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Do you think Trent Green will return?

wolfpack
12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
good question. trent willbe 37 and knows his line willbe probably rebuilt. he said he and his family really likes the k.c. area so i don`t think he`ll want to be traded. he`ll play if he can stay the #2 man. but that will also mean a pay cut. more than half of me says he`ll just retire. i think the chiefs will want a cheaper #1 qb so they might fill holes somewhere else. but if i knew anything, clark and i would be talking and i wouldnt be righting this.

Old_admin
12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
So if Green retires, would the Chiefs resign Huard?

Chiefster
12-19-2006, 11:51 PM
admin wrote:
So if Green retires, would the Chiefs resign Huard?

I would say that they are more then likely resign Huard regardless. Of course I could just be talkin out of my shorts. :-?

Guru
12-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Chiefster wrote:


admin wrote:
So if Green retires, would the Chiefs resign Huard?

I would say that they are more then likely resign Huard regardless. Of course I could just be talkin out of my shorts. :-?

Nothing new there!!! :hammer:

Trent will be back and I see Huard going elsewhere and Croyle finally being groomed.

Chiefster
12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Guru wrote:
[quote]


Nothing new there!!! :hammer:



Yeah, I was just lettin the new guy know. :-P


...Wait, who ask you???
j/k

wolfpack
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
i think huard will cost to much and will try to find somewhere he can start. green is getting old and dosne`t have the legs to run much. see if green will take a pay cut to be #2,the money willbe needed to sign FA`s or draft picks at a guard and or both tackles. green cannot keep runnin for his life next year. the o-line willbe missing three starters . shields(retire),I-65 and a right tackle. lets not forget the money TG will demand,LJ will probably want more and we need a wideout that can get seperation. oh and knows how to catch the ball.

Chiefster
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
wolfpack wrote:
i think huard will cost to much and will try to find somewhere he can start. green is getting old and dosne`t have the legs to run much. see if green will take a pay cut to be #2,the money willbe needed to sign FA`s or draft picks at a guard and or both tackles. green cannot keep runnin for his life next year. the o-line willbe missing three starters . shields(retire),I-65 and a right tackle. lets not forget the money TG will demand,LJ will probably want more and we need a wideout that can get seperation. oh and knows how to catch the ball.

All very good reasons why I don't know that we'll see Green back next year. I think that if Green is smart he'll retire and be our QB coach.

wolfpack
12-20-2006, 06:54 PM
green retiring would be better. go out with grace. they`ll need all the cap space to try to help the o &d-lines.

Old_admin
12-21-2006, 12:58 AM
we need a wideout that can get seperation. oh and knows how to catch the ball.

I could not agree more about the WR position. Our best receiver has been a tight end for waaaay too long. The Chiefs don't even have a WR that would start on most teams.

The last decent receiver I can remember for the Chiefs was Andre Rison on the downslope of his career.

wolfpack
12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
of all the free agent QB`S, huard will get the most money. i think it willbe cheaper to keep green and let him teach croyle.

Chiefster
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
wolfpack wrote:
green retiring would be better. go out with grace. they`ll need all the cap space to try to help the o &d-lines.

True!



wolfpack wrote:
of all the free agent QB`S, huard will get the most money. i think it will be cheaper to keep green and let him teach croyle.

Agreed, but as QB coach.

Chiefster
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
admin wrote:

we need a wideout that can get seperation. oh and knows how to catch the ball.

I could not agree more about the WR position. Our best receiver has been a tight end for waaaay too long. The Chiefs don't even have a WR that would start on most teams.

The last decent receiver I can remember for the Chiefs was Andre Rison on the downslope of his career.

AMEN! My Chiefs brother! TESTIFY!! :hammer: :hammer:

wolfpack
12-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Rison was fair. i`d say Paige was better,,,,,,,,, but none,i mean none ,to me,was as good as o`le Otis. the chiefs havent had a receiver that could catch,run routes or just plain depenable as him .

Chiefster
12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
wolfpack wrote:
Rison was fair. i`d say Paige was better,,,,,,,,, but none,i mean none ,to me,was as good as o`le Otis. the chiefs havent had a receiver that could catch,run routes or just plain depenable as him .

Otis was the man!

kenny1937
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I see nothing wrong in letting Croyle show his stuff, If we have the game in hand, to me we have the pride of winning as many of the last two games we can, so I wouldn't want to throw the game away just because we were ahead, this will do nothing to help the young QB.
I am not being argumentive, I just like to see my Chiefs win, it is hard enough to go through this season after season, So if we are way ahead, let him play, I would like to see what he would do myself. He may be the man next season, and I am behind him, because he is a Chief!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
12-23-2006, 06:20 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
I see nothing wrong in letting Croyle show his stuff, If we have the game in hand, to me we have the pride of winning as many of the last two games we can, so I wouldn't want to throw the game away just because we were ahead, this will do nothing to help the young QB.
I am not being argumentive, I just like to see my Chiefs win, it is hard enough to go through this season after season, So if we are way ahead, let him play, I would like to see what he would do myself. He may be the man next season, and I am behind him, because he is a Chief!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

I believe that the young man has loads of potential.

kenny1937
12-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I have thought about this and after watching other teams give their Young QB's a chance, I think it wouldn't hurt a thing to play him tonight against the Raiders, if it is obvious that we are losing, bring him in, and if we do lose tonight, play him next week, that game will mean nothing anyway and it might give management the clue they apparently don't have, GIVE HIM A O LINE!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :lol: :pint: