PDA

View Full Version : Please Mr. Dorsey,... DO THIS!

Frankenchief
03-25-2016, 12:56 AM
A few weeks ago I posted a thread calling for a bold "outside the box" draft move by the Chiefs. Here's the link:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/26079-First-round-pick-please-Mr-Dorsey-(outside-the-box)

Now I hear that QB Paxton Lynch is going to visit the Chiefs on Friday. I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS GUY FOR THE CHIEFS! He could be our Aaron Rodgers who was drafted late in the 1st round and sat behind a good veteran QB for a few years. There are things I like about Bray and Murray, but I have a hard time picturing them as our long term heir apparent to Alex. Lynch is a much better prospect than both of them and I am pretty sure Andy can develop him to be ready in a few years to be an excellent QB or maybe a potential superstar.

I know we have other holes to fill, but when a QB of this caliber becomes available you just think about later rounds and free agency about filling those other holes. I would even trade up a few spots to get him if he falls that far. If we don't get this guy,... mark my word, ... the Donks will harp on him and then they will have another QB dynasty while we will still be struggling to find a QBOTF.

COME ON DORSEY.... MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!

PAXTON LYNCH
6'7", runs well, big arm. Great in the pocket

Frankenchief
03-25-2016, 01:03 AM
Check this out. Article and analytical picture. Is it a bad omen that these pictures, at the first glance, look like Denver vs KC? :(

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/10/16/9546103/paxton-lynch-memphis-ole-miss-nfl-draft-2016

Eydugstr
03-25-2016, 01:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmXBFtiGpk

He looks decent to me, but what's he going to look like with lesser WR's or O-line?

NickheadKCAU
03-25-2016, 03:30 AM
not trashing the prospect, but...

every single one of those td's in that video, he was staring down the receiver.

so i would be curious as to how good he is, or how bad the defenses were that he competed against.

Frankenchief
03-25-2016, 12:30 PM
not trashing the prospect, but...

every single one of those td's in that video, he was staring down the receiver.

so i would be curious as to how good he is, or how bad the defenses were that he competed against.

A lot of those were quick releases with one receiver in mind. And my OP does not say we should grab him to start right away. Some of that stuff can be coached out of him in two or three years that he needs to develop under Reid. He's got all the tools (and more) that Bray has without the head question.

Chiefs4life24
03-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Still like Eli Apple in the first or William Jackson 111

Frankenchief
03-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Sorry. I'd take a franchise QB. Every time. Drafts with franchise QBs seem to come in streaks and it's been like 3 or 4 drafts featuring them. this could dry up for a few years now.

Chiefs4life24
03-25-2016, 08:41 PM
I wonder what value their is at 28 to trade back 1-2 spots

NickheadKCAU
03-25-2016, 11:16 PM
he actually reminds me of a cross between joe flacco and phillip rivers.

eta: then again, he could be a cross between joey harrington and ryan leaf. :D

Frankenchief
03-26-2016, 11:21 PM
he actually reminds me of a cross between joe flacco and phillip rivers.

eta: then again, he could be a cross between joey harrington and ryan leaf. :D

Nah, Leaf was a an absolute headcase. Lynch by all reports is pretty together headwise.

JPPT1974
03-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Leaf and Manziel are indeed head cases no matter what. Lynch it seems to be a good guy. Hope he stays that way.