PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on a few truly GREAT Chiefs.

ctchiefsfan
03-30-2016, 01:59 PM
Like most Chiefs fans, I prefer Chiefs for life...players that start and finish their careers with the Chiefs. Thank you Tamba.

But there have been some TRULY GREAT Chiefs who came to the Chiefs from other teams and deserve recognition for what an OUTSTANDING JOB they did for the Chiefs. I'll mention a few. Hopefully others will chime in with their own favorites.

Len Dawson....Many people think Dawson was always a Chief. He wasn't. He played for the Steelers and Cleveland before he came to the Chiefs. He led us to two Super Bowls and a Super Bowl victory. Without a doubt a truly great Chief.

Joe Montana...Only a Chief for two years, but he revived a team that had been mostly in the doldrums for a long time. There is no doubt he played as hard for the Chiefs (if not harder) than he ever did for the 49ers. He will ALWAYS be a GREAT CHIEF. Only bone I have to pick with him is that I wish he has stuck around for another year or two. But he had been pretty beat up over the years and you can't get to angry with him for looking out for his own health.

Marcus Allen...Living proof that putting on a Raiders uniform does not automatically make a person into sub-human scum. Marcus came to the Chiefs late in his career. I believe his first year with the Chiefs (93) was his 12th year in the NFL. At that point he was something like 32 or 33 years old. Very old for a running back in the NFL. But he went on to have 5 more GREAT years with the Chiefs. He scored 44 rushing touchdowns as a Chief, including 11 touchdowns in his last year in the NFL when he was 37 or 38. He carried the ball 932 times as a Chief for an average of 3.97 yards per carry. And he also was a fine receiver with 141 receptions for 1,153 yards and 3 more touchdowns. Marcus Allen was a GREAT CHIEF.

So....who are your favorite players that the Chiefs got from other teams?

C Louie
03-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Priest Holmes

ctchiefsfan
03-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Priest Holmes

Another great example.

Chiefs4life24
03-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Kicker Nick Lowery

Chiefs4life24
03-30-2016, 10:35 PM
My list of Favorite Players

Joe Montana
Jamaal Charles
Marcus Allen
Eddie Kennison
Priest Holmes
Christian Okoye
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez
Willie Roaf
Dante Hall
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson

Unfounately im to young to remember much about

Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Buck Buchanon
Emmitt Thomas
Otis Taylor
Deron Cherry
Len Dawson

ctchiefsfan
03-31-2016, 12:44 AM

Joe Montana
Jamaal Charles
Marcus Allen
Eddie Kennison
Priest Holmes
Christian Okoye
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez
Willie Roaf
Dante Hall
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson

Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Buck Buchanon
Emmitt Thomas
Otis Taylor
Deron Cherry
Len Dawson

No crime in not remembering some of the greats from the 60's and early 70's. Sooner than you think you won't be so young anymore and while you will remember the greats from today you won't "know" them as well as you do today. Getting old SUCKS.

matthewschiefs
03-31-2016, 12:31 PM
Lin Elliott :sign0151::saythat:

matthewschiefs
03-31-2016, 12:34 PM

Joe Montana
Jamaal Charles
Marcus Allen
Eddie Kennison
Priest Holmes
Christian Okoye
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez
Willie Roaf
Dante Hall
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson

Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Buck Buchanon
Emmitt Thomas
Otis Taylor
Deron Cherry
Len Dawson

WHERE IS DERRICK THOMAS?

And I'm to young to really remember Okoye and Montana don't remember him much either

I started really getting into football when Bono was the QB

ctchiefsfan
03-31-2016, 03:14 PM
WHERE IS DERRICK THOMAS?

And I'm to young to really remember Okoye and Montana don't remember him much either

I started really getting into football when Bono was the QB

DT was a Chief for life. Sadly it was far too short a life.

As for not really remembering Okoye and Montana....ship....some of us are so old that we remember them but aren't quite sure why.

Younger guys like you and C4L are the future of the Chiefs fan base. Us old guys are just trying to pass down our memories of the glory days. But the Glory days are coming back and you and other "not so old" Chiefs fans are going to have a BLAST. The Chiefs from "the good old day" are BACK! So are the Raiders. It's going to be just like the "good old days".

Chiefs4life24
03-31-2016, 05:45 PM
CT can you guys tell about Cherry and those guys from what ive read he was our greatest Safety of all time