PDA

View Full Version : Panthers pull Franchise tag off Josh Norman....

ctchiefsfan
04-21-2016, 02:22 PM
So the Carolina Panthers have "unfranchised" Josh Norman....He is now an unrestricted free agent.

Hard not to salivate at the idea of getting him. He would seem to replace and maybe better Sean Smith. But we are talking somewhere around $15 million.

1) Anybody have any idea how we could come up with the cash?

2) If there is a way to come up with the cash....SHOULD WE?

Your thoughts please gentlemen?

Chiefs4life24
04-21-2016, 03:25 PM
For the record we cant afford him. we would have to cut someone big to make the cash

ctchiefsfan
04-21-2016, 04:56 PM
For the record we cant afford him. we would have to cut someone big to make the cash

My first thoughts too. That said, when we signed Maclin I also thought we didn't have the cash. So how would we "create the cash"? Sign EB to a long term deal with a lowball first year. That would probably create about $5 million. Sign the deal with Norman with a lowball first year. Pretty much SOP. Rework a couple of contracts. It CAN be done...but it would put a heavy saddle on our backs starting in 2017. But no doubt in my mind that Dorsey can figure a way to do it if he and Reid think it matters enough.

And of course, the Chiefs are a legitimate SB contender. Players want to be on a SB contender.

I don't think a deal will happen but I'm sure that if Dorsey and Reid wanted it to it would. It's intriguing.

jason1981
04-21-2016, 08:37 PM
I wouldnt spend high dollar on him when hes only had one good year which was in a contract year. He needs another yer to prove himself before i would give him a big contract.

Chiefs4life24
04-21-2016, 11:44 PM
He is worth the money, do you spend the money on a good player already or take the chance on a rookie that may be better? Crap shoot begins either way I trust Dorsey and Reid

ctchiefsfan
04-22-2016, 05:29 AM
I wouldnt spend high dollar on him when hes only had one good year which was in a contract year. He needs another yer to prove himself before i would give him a big contract.

I can see your point.

ctchiefsfan
04-22-2016, 05:34 AM
He is worth the money, do you spend the money on a good player already or take the chance on a rookie that may be better? Crap shoot begins either way I trust Dorsey and Reid

I sort of look at it like this. Dorsey seems to like to do 1 big free agent deal every year. Grabbing Norman would be sort of taking ourselves out of the free agent market next year. In essence we'd be making next year's free agent deal this year. It would be a sort of "Win Now" type move.

either way I trust Dorsey and Reid

Completely agree.

Seek
04-22-2016, 08:27 AM
We would have to get into a bidding war with Oakland and we would lose no matter the outcome.

NickheadKCAU
04-23-2016, 06:27 AM
why the hell is washington not a 3 win a season team...

the way snider spends, hes got to be supplementing the cap with his income.