PDA

View Full Version : john elway!!!!

Frankenchief
04-29-2016, 12:16 AM
He is still a festering thorn at our side after all these years both as a player and now team boss.!

Every year he has picked a player from my top wish list. And some of those years WE even didn't pick from my list. That was bad enough, NOW HE HAS PICKED THE ONE PLAYER I WANTED RIGHT FROM UNDER OUR NOSE. PAXTON LYNCH! Now they will be set again at that position while we will still keep looking for our next Len Dawson.

The fact that we traded down after Lynch was stolen tells me Dorsey and Andy wanted him to. But they tipped their hand when they brought Lynch to KC a few weeks ago. I like Dorsey but I had thought that if Lynch went past the Jets I would seriously consider trading up a few positions to get him. Why didn't Dorse have this foresight? Why didn't WE trade with Seattle to secure this guy. Andy would have made Lynch our QB for the next15 years.

DAMN YOU ELWAY!

Eydugstr
04-29-2016, 03:06 AM
To be honest I feel sorry for Paxton Lynch. He's not going into a good QB situation in Denver. Kubiak's offenses of late has managed to ruin the career of Matt Schaub, injured Manning, forced Osweiler to leave a SB team that drafted him for a mere two million more in Houston, and the team's veteran QB mentor is Mark Sanchez.

NickheadKCAU
04-29-2016, 06:26 AM
upon further review, lynch has the size of harrington, but the mental capacity of john kitna.

he will not amount to much more than the occasional upset. IMO.

(id draft and redraft derek carr every year before lynch)

slc chief
04-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Tim Tebow 2.0 is all this is gonna be

doobs_05
04-29-2016, 10:35 AM
To be honest I feel sorry for Paxton Lynch. He's not going into a good QB situation in Denver. Kubiak's offenses of late has managed to ruin the career of Matt Schaub, injured Manning, forced Osweiler to leave a SB team that drafted him for a mere two million more in Houston, and the team's veteran QB mentor is Mark Sanchez.

He's going on a team with a great defense, all he has to do is go full Alex Smith mode (sade throws, low turn overs) and they win at least 10 games

jason1981
04-29-2016, 11:18 AM
He's going on a team with a great defense, all he has to do is go full Alex Smith mode (sade throws, low turn overs) and they win at least 10 games

Agree. Denver just got reaffirmed themselves at the top of afc west . Alex smith would win a superbowl with that team easily. That defense and they have more weapons on offense and improved oline.

As long as their qb isnt a turnover machine there going to be good. And also i think raiders is going to be tough and improved.

Frankenchief
04-29-2016, 02:59 PM
upon further review, lynch has the size of harrington, but the mental capacity of john kitna.

he will not amount to much more than the occasional upset. IMO.

(id draft and redraft derek carr every year before lynch)

Link please.

jason1981
04-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Lets just hope lynch becomes a bust.

Frankenchief
04-29-2016, 07:25 PM
He won't. He's at least Flacco with mobility.

I predict he'll be a game changer by his 5th year in the league and we will still be looking for the next game manager.

jason1981
04-29-2016, 07:29 PM
He won't. He's at least Flacco with mobility.

I predict he'll be a game changer by his 5th year in the league and we will still be looking for the next game manager.

Well i hope your wrong from what i seen hes very raw with no footwork and reads and line calls. So maybe in 5 years. And lets hope we have a gbotf by then as well.

Kcman
04-29-2016, 09:41 PM
I agree frank !!! Well said!! I

KCMASS
04-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Franken: Let's face it. If we drafted Paxton, he wouldn't amount to a "hill of beans" Why you might ask? Because when our beloved Chiefs draft a QB, their career is already over. Just the way it is.

Frankenchief
04-30-2016, 02:50 PM
Franken: Let's face it. If we drafted Paxton, he wouldn't amount to a "hill of beans" Why you might ask? Because when our beloved Chiefs draft a QB, their career is already over. Just the way it is.
Yeah but that was more true with guys like Schottenheimer. I'm sure he ruined at least one if not all our QB draft choices. Remember Matt Blundin? Reid is supposed to be a QB guru.

But even if your statement were true, at least we would have denied the Donks their QBOTF. Now they look set again for the next 15 years. They address the QB position immediately and with vigor, unlike us.

bill444
04-30-2016, 07:33 PM
adding insult he took mizzou g McGovern in 5th

Frankenchief
04-30-2016, 11:10 PM
adding insult he took mizzou g McGovern in 5th
Sounds like the Chiefs tried to trade up to get Lynch.

If true it means Elway had more ammunition to entice a trade partner. THANKS A LOT GOODELL. FUNK YOU TOO.

Eydugstr
05-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Yeah but that was more true with guys like Schottenheimer. I'm sure he ruined at least one if not all our QB draft choices. Remember Matt Blundin? Reid is supposed to be a QB guru.

No arguments about Schotty not being able to develop a QB. That didn't happen until Drew Brees came along.

But even if your statement were true, at least we would have denied the Donks their QBOTF. Now they look set again for the next 15 years. They address the QB position immediately and with vigor, unlike us.

Ahem...Denver has been through their own little go-round of QB's from Griese through Tebow (at one point they were ticked because of Pioli landing Matt Cassel), then paid through the nose for Manning. Their SB win under Manning was because of their D, who won in spite of Manning not because of him. Paxton Lynch is neither Manning or Elway.

We're not empty at the QB cupboard. We've got Smith (former #1 pick) coming off a career year, a guy that broke some of Manning's records at Tennesse (Bray) and a former SEC champ that played four years in Georgia (Murray). IMHO the Hogan pick was a waste because while he's given credit for being a smart QB do not see him being anything but #4 on the roster.

KCMASS
05-01-2016, 09:11 AM

I'm just messing around having a little fun. I really had high hopes for Matt Blundin. As I recall, he did have a terrible Senior Bowl outing.

jason1981
05-01-2016, 11:26 AM
No arguments about Schotty not being able to develop a QB. That didn't happen until Drew Brees came along.

Ahem...Denver has been through their own little go-round of QB's from Griese through Tebow (at one point they were ticked because of Pioli landing Matt Cassel), then paid through the nose for Manning. Their SB win under Manning was because of their D, who won in spite of Manning not because of him. Paxton Lynch is neither Manning or Elway.

We're not empty at the QB cupboard. We've got Smith (former #1 pick) coming off a career year, a guy that broke some of Manning's records at Tennesse (Bray) and a former SEC champ that played four years in Georgia (Murray). IMHO the Hogan pick was a waste because while he's given credit for being a smart QB do not see him being anything but #4 on the roster.

Yes hogan was a waste of pick. We cant keep 4 qbs and hes no better than what we have except maybe murray. I fully expect bray to be the #2 which i think he would have been last year as wellif he didnt injure his knee.

Chiefs4life24
05-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Seems like drafting Murray last year was a waste now since they drafted Hogan, how the hell is Murray and Bray supposed to get reps and get better if you continually draft more quarterbacks, it doesn't seem logical to me

Eydugstr
05-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Yes hogan was a waste of pick. We cant keep 4 qbs and hes no better than what we have except maybe murray. I fully expect bray to be the #2 which i think he would have been last year as wellif he didnt injure his knee.

Don't get it at all. The team could've used another linebacker, guard or safety. Don't see this guy beating out Murray at all, let alone hope to have Tyler Bray's arm. He got compared to Tyler Palko by the NFL channel commentators (?!?).

jason1981
05-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Don't get it at all. The team could've used another linebacker, guard or safety. Don't see this guy beating out Murray at all, let alone hope to have Tyler Bray's arm. He got compared to Tyler Palko by the NFL channel commentators (?!?).

Yeah i heard that as well and agree.